Must See Movies

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I know only a small few of you would be interested in it but Straight Outta Compton was really good. Definitely worth a watch in the theater.
I listened to the hell out of that album in high school. Great album & their talent was obvious. I am going to see the movie for sure.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I listened to the hell out of that album in high school. Great album & their talent was obvious. I am going to see the movie for sure.
One thing that I learned watching the movie was that Suge Knight was sniffing around NWA trying to steal artists as far back as 1990.

Suge didn't really enter the national spotlight until closer to the mid-90s. So I really had no idea who he was until he started working with 2Pac.

As an aside, I read an article last night where LAPD is complaining about the movie putting them in a bad light and in danger. :lol

With all the controversy surrounding policemen using excessive force I can see their point.

Carl

RIP Brother
I know only a small few of you would be interested in it but Straight Outta Compton was really good. Definitely worth a watch in the theater.
I enjoyed it, if a little long. I know Tomica somewhat from a local watering hole which made the end a little emotional; good movie.

Jiggyfly

Banned
HBO says Deadwood movie is in early talks

By Danette Chavez Aug 13, 2015 8:20 AM

Turns out HBO isn’t going to leave Garret Dillahunt twisting in the wind over those Deadwood movie tweets—according to /Film, the cable network released this official, albeit terse, statement regarding plans for a feature film.

In reference to Garret Dillahunt’s tweet regarding the rumored Deadwood movie, there have only been very preliminary conversations.

Dillahunt kicked the brief conversation off Wednesday night with a tweet about the “credible rumors” he’s heard. Then, in a move from Ron Perlman’s playbook, Dillahunt rallied fans with a prayer hashtag and the acknowledgment of a film based on a different (and lesser) HBO series.

HBO didn’t give the most heartening response, but there are some encouraging factors to consider—former Deadwood regulars Ian McShane and Timothy Olyphant are mostly free these days to take their fictional feud to the big screen. And when Deadwood was canceled in 2006, there was talk of doing a couple of two-hour movies, so creator David Milch might get his chance to wrap up his series after all.

D

Deuce

I caught it this morning...really good. Didn't realize they got Ice Cube's son to play him which turned out really good as well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It Follows...

I highly recommend it. Nice funky tribute to 1980s horror flicks, even down to a John Carpenter-esque soundtrack.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Finally saw "The Theory to Everything" (I think I got that right) and it was top notch.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finally saw "The Theory to Everything" (I think I got that right) and it was top notch.
Yeah it's on HBOGo, I was thinking about watching that in the next day or two. Glad to hear it was good.

It's The Theory of Everything I believe.

Carp

DCC 4Life
It Follows...

I highly recommend it. Nice funky tribute to 1980s horror flicks, even down to a John Carpenter-esque soundtrack.
Which reminds me...caught his version of The Thing the other day. Yeah, some of the special effects are definitely dated, but that does not take away from how good that movie was. When they are doing the blood test...that is flatout greatness.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It Follows...

See and I didn't get this movie much at all. Pretty much made fun of the movie the entire time I was watching it. I think it probably had to do with the awkward sex aspect to the haunting.

dallen

Senior Tech
I saw No Escape last night. Owen Wilson and Lake Bell move their 2 young girls to a generic SE Asian country for a new job and find themselves alone in the middle of a coup. Holy cow, the first half of this movie was so suspenseful I almost had to stop watching. The tension drops a little bit in the 2nd half but it still follows through to a satisfying ending. It is maybe a little bit xenophobic, but all and all I thought it felt like a realistic portrayal of what it could be like to be caught in a coup in a country where you know no one, have nothing, and do not even speak the language.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
It Follows...

Loved it. There's supposed to be a sequel in the works.

Speaking of Carpenter's music, there was an album of his "lost soundtracks" released recently. I listen to it on Prime music during my workouts, because I am weird. Really good if you like that sort of thing. Will be handy to play during trick or treating this October.

Carp

DCC 4Life
George Miller is said to be directing the next Superman stand alone movie...years ago he was going to do a Justice League movie, so he is familiar with it and Fury Road shows me he still has chops.

Carp

DCC 4Life
So I went to see Fantastic 4...just wanted to see if it was as bad as it was made out to be. Honestly...the first 2/3s of the movie is solid...the end is definitely rushed. This got worse reviews that Batman and Robin...which is way worse. I think all the negativity surrounding the production had people almost rooting for failure.

D

Deuce

So I went to see Fantastic 4...just wanted to see if it was as bad as it was made out to be. Honestly...the first 2/3s of the movie is solid...the end is definitely rushed. This got worse reviews that Batman and Robin...which is way worse. I think all the negativity surrounding the production had people almost rooting for failure.
You also had the benefit of low expectations. I saw it a few weeks ago and didn't think it was horrible because that's all I was expecting. Still bad casting, though. Need some sort of star power in a big budget action movie.

Carp

DCC 4Life
You also had the benefit of low expectations. I saw it a few weeks ago and didn't think it was horrible because that's all I was expecting. Still bad casting, though. Need some sort of star power in a big budget action movie.
The casting was odd...I mean I know they wanted to do this multicultural Storm family, but Kate Mara was boring as fuck. I did think Miles Teller was good and The Thing was pretty cool.

Dr Doom...his deal was rushed and the gov't guy Harvey Elder is Mole Man, but he didn't live long enough to even get a chance to do it.

D

Deuce

The casting was odd...I mean I know they wanted to do this multicultural Storm family, but Kate Mara was boring as fuck. I did think Miles Teller was good and The Thing was pretty cool.

Dr Doom...his deal was rushed and the gov't guy Harvey Elder is Mole Man, but he didn't live long enough to even get a chance to do it.
I think they were banking on Teller's star power coming off Whiplash but it took so long to make this movie he's basically been forgotten.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think they were banking on Teller's star power coming off Whiplash but it took so long to make this movie he's basically been forgotten.
Honestly though, Jamie Bell was the most charismatic before he turned into Gravel Man.

Top Bottom