Preseason Week 1 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys at Chargers| 08/13/2015

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So as not to disappoint you, I did watch the game and saw Leary struggle a bit... so did Sturm for that matter... so C-rock needs to re-evaluate who he is accusing of "making shit up."
MmmK

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So just forget Leary played against a starter and Collins was against scrubs for most of the game.

Collins looked very good but let's see him against starter quality guys before claiming he is going to be better, by the way can you even name any of the guys Collins played against?
Not forgetting any of that... I actually didn't say that Collins was better right now.

But Leary did have some trouble last night, simple as that. I'm not the only one who saw it obviously.

As far as whether Collins WILL BE better, there's not much of a question that he will, it's just when.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And you are so far up his ass that you can't stand to hear the truth about him being an inconsistent player. But again, please lecture me some more about the assignments you know he didn't screw up, coach.
You're the one who claimed he whiffed on blocks. Which he never did. But continue making shit up. Your agenda on this one is retarded obvious. Get a new schtick and move on.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dunno about you all, but I was excited by Collins.

Leary did well too.
Yep, this is the actual truth. Both guys played well in this game. It's difficult for some to accept this when they want to push the agenda that one guy needs to start over the other or that one sucks and one is great.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Translation: He's certainly no Zach Martin.
And not many are.

It only bugs me he's really not being utilized where he might have a chance to contribute more, like swing tackle.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This thread may have to be adjudicated in the court of Judge Judy.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You're the one who claimed he whiffed on blocks. Which he never did. But continue making shit up. Your agenda on this one is retarded obvious. Get a new schtick and move on.
I said I recall him missing one... which I do.

And overall he had some issues. Better fire off an email to Bob Sturm.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He and I must have been conspiring to make shit up.
Classic Schmidt taking what one guy says and running with it as gospel.

By the way tell me what Collins does that Leary cannot because Broaduss says he has the same inconsistent tendencies.

I am going to rewatch the game looking for this missed block and him not anchoring.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Classic Schmidt taking what one guy says and running with it as gospel.

By the way tell me what Collins does that Leary cannot because Broaduss says he has the same inconsistent tendencies.

I am going to rewatch the game looking for this missed block and him not anchoring.
Maybe you missed where I just said that I'm not saying Collins is better than Leary yet.

But it's definitely a fact that Leary can be an up and down player and struggle at times.

You can re-watch it as many times as you want... I'm sure you can find a way to come up with it as a Pro Bowl performance.

Of course, this will no longer be a debateable subject in a pretty short amount of time.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Maybe you missed where I just said that I'm not saying Collins is better than Leary yet.

But it's definitely a fact that Leary can be an up and down player and struggle at times.

You can re-watch it as many times as you want... I'm sure you can find a way to come up with it as a Pro Bowl performance.

Of course, this will no longer be a debatable subject in a pretty short amount of time.
You are the guy once again speaking in absolutes, you would think after how laughably wrong you have been this would stop.

Collins could very well be better than Leary by the end of the year but nothing from that game should be having anyone making that claim either you or Sturm.

And once again I ask what did you see Collins do that Leary cannot it can't be consistency because Collins was not consistent either.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't know why you are bringing up What Collins did last night because I'm not arguing Collins is better than Leary right this second.

As for what Leary did wrong, he missed a block and got pushed around a little.

Dont know why saying that is funny to you... The truth is funny?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So as not to disappoint you, I did watch the game and saw Leary struggle a bit... so did Sturm for that matter... so C-rock needs to re-evaluate who he is accusing of "making shit up."
I call impossible since you still think Leary whiffed on a block which never happened. I think you've somehow convinced yourself that you saw it on that chopped grainy shit Internet feed which really didn't happen.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I call impossible since you still think Leary whiffed on a block which never happened. I think you've somehow convinced yourself that you saw it on that chopped grainy shit Internet feed which really didn't happen.
So, are you just hung up on the missed block? If not for that, the rest of everything is correct?

I do recall him missing a block. Even if he didn't, doesn't change what I said. He's an inconsistent player at times and he didn't have a good night.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So, are you just hung up on the missed block? If not for that, the rest of everything is correct?
When an offensive lineman doesn't miss any blocks, I call that a good game. Giving up a little too much ground in pass protection to Corey Liuget is pretty minor.

Again it has nothing to do with Collins. Collins is a stud waiting to be at guard or tackle.

Top Bottom