JJT: Less is more for Tony Romo, Cowboys

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Less is more for Tony Romo, Cowboys
December, 9, 2014

By Jean-Jacques Taylor | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Tony Romo already holds virtually every significant passing record in Dallas Cowboys' history.

It's unlikely he'll be adding any single-season records to his list of achievements this season -- and that's a positive.

Through 13 games, the Cowboys have made it clear the offense revolves DeMarco Murray.

Actually, Romo ranks 22nd in attempts -- he hasn't thrown more than 29 passes in six consecutive games, the longest streak of his career -- and 15th in yards (2,923) this season.

Given that, we really shouldn't be surprised Romo has just one 300-yard game this season. Understand, Romo has a franchise-record 45 career 300-yard games in his career.

Romo has gone seven games since his last 300-yard game, tying the longest streak of his career. And he's never had fewer 300-yard games as a starter, except in 2010 when he broke his collarbone and played just six games.

The key to the Cowboys' success this season has been offensive balance because they use the run to protect their defense and set up play-action passes.

The Cowboys have run the ball 49 percent of the time, the third highest ratio in the league this season. In 2013, the Cowboys ran it 35.1 percent of the time, which ranked 29th in the NFL.

That formula has the Cowboys 9-4 and tied for first place in the NFC East.

At this point of his career, Romo has said all he cares about is winning, which makes sense. He holds a bunch of franchise records, has played in numerous Pro Bowls and has a contract worth more than $100 million.

All he wants is playoff success. Continuing to throw less will help him achieve it.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I think to beat Philly, Romo is going to have to pimp it out and throw the ball down the field.

Seattle had to do it.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I think to beat Philly, Romo is going to have to pimp it out and throw the ball down the field.

Seattle had to do it.
Lets just hope he has had enough rest for his back/rib/pussy to be able to actually throw it downfield this game

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Lets just hope he has had enough rest for his back/rib/pussy to be able to actually throw it downfield this game
First time it was too, little rest, this time it will be the rust from all that time off...:picard

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
You know what? Fuck you. I call in sick when my feet hurt and I am pretty sure I could kick your ass and I'm not half as much of an internet tough guy as [MENTION=14]NoDak[/MENTION]. No one on this board could make it through two-a-days at a division III program at our ages. There's no sane reason to be pretending that a pro football player with 11 years in the game is some kind of pussy.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You know what? Fuck you. I call in sick when my feet hurt and I am pretty sure I could kick your ass and I'm not half as much of an internet tough guy as [MENTION=14]NoDak[/MENTION]. No one on this board could make it through two-a-days at a division III program at our ages. There's no sane reason to be pretending that a pro football player with 11 years in the game is some kind of pussy.
:lol

Your tears are delicious.

And I doubt you could kick anybody's ass, ya fat tub o' goo.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Well....that escalated quickly.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
You call in because your feet hurt :lol want Romo to rub your feet for you tough guy? :lol :flip

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't know what happened here but I will say don't knock the foot pain if you haven't had it. That can be a real bitch.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
You call in because your feet hurt :lol want Romo to rub your feet for you tough guy? :lol :flip
Being a government employee is great like that. You get a lot of sick days. But I think if you had plantar fasciitis you wouldn't want to stand around on concrete all day either. I do know football players play through it, though. Can't for the life of me see how.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
:lol

Your tears are delicious.

And I doubt you could kick anybody's ass, ya fat tub o' goo.
I said that to acknowledge the fact that saying you could kick someone's ass over the internet was a pointless internet tough guy move. Thanks for responding in your normal fashion to help illustrate it, though.

Carp

DCC 4Life
You guys mind if I jerk off in here?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I said that to acknowledge the fact that saying you could kick someone's ass over the internet was a pointless internet tough guy move. Thanks for responding in your normal fashion to help illustrate it, though.
Ok I'll be your huckleberry. Fuck you and fuck Romo RIGHT IN YOUR PUSSIES!! :towel

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Sure you did.

And if you don't like the way I respond, then leave me out of your dipshittery, Jabba.

Top Bottom