Week 4 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys at Saints |10/04/2015

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
So is there any word on when Lee will be allowed to return? I know the league is very cautious with these concussions so I'm expecting him to miss the Pats game but has anyone said anything about him possibly being available? I'm not exactly sure about the rule when it comes to concussions.
My understanding is he can play as soon as he passes the concussion tests, which means he could possibly play against New England.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Weeden didn't exactly light it up last night but he did enough to win.

This loss was on the Defense.

That being said, Weeden still sucks. The sacks that he to were on him. All he had to do was step up or side step. Collinsworth said as much.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So is there any word on when Lee will be allowed to return? I know the league is very cautious with these concussions so I'm expecting him to miss the Pats game but has anyone said anything about him possibly being available? I'm not exactly sure about the rule when it comes to concussions.
He will have to go through the concussion protocol this week. They are saying they think he will be able to go against the Pats.

kidd

DCC 4Life
My understanding is he can play as soon as he passes the concussion tests, which means he could possibly play against New England.
So when will we know something? My guess is the Cowboys organization will make it a game time decision to keep the Patriots guessing. Garrett's dumb ass probably thinks he has an advantage over Belichik.:lol

Carp

DCC 4Life
Michael's our best chance. He just got inserted at the worst possible time.

The team needs to give him a bunch of carries. Production matters, and for running backs production in the second half when the game is close is huge.

We can't win without it. The defense isn't built that way.
No idea how you can say this...Michael has never given an indication he can be a lead back. The other 2 have not shown it either, but I don't think any of the 3 are all that good to begin with.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Weeden didn't exactly light it up last night but he did enough to win.

That being said, Weeden still sucks. The sacks that he to were on him. All he had to do was step up or side step. Collinsworth said as much.
It was obvious to anyone with eye sight. The worst was the Leary sack where Leary was right on his guy and all he had to do was step up.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The defense can't be held accountable for being forced to be what it was never intended to be.

The poor performance on the field was the failure of the offense. And no, despite the bullshit you hear not the offensive line.

You could start five HOF offensive linemen each in their prime and they couldn't help an offense with minimal skill talent.

They can't get Terrance Williams to break man-coverage against a CB found off the scrap heap.

They can't make the first defender to get to Joseph Randle miss.

They can't make Brandon Weeden see Jason Witten breaking open.

They can't stop Brice Butler's hamstring from pulling on a fly pattern.

That said, Joseph Randle, Brandon Weeden, Terrence Williams, and Brice Butler can't be held accountable for what they aren't. They aren't consistent, creative, or dangerous players. Not without a lot of help.

That is on the front office, pure and simple. Why trade for Michael, Cassel, or Butler in the 11th hour when you had to know these positions have been weak since last season?

No one could foresee the rash of injuries, but it's the job of a front office to be at least semi-prepared. This loss is the fault of the folks upstairs. No one expects a win vs the Pats next week, but this was a winnable game.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The defense can't be held accountable for being forced to be what it was never intended to be.

The poor performance on the field was the failure of the offense. And no, despite the bullshit you hear not the offensive line.

You could start five HOF offensive linemen each in their prime and they couldn't help an offense with minimal skill talent.

They can't get Terrance Williams to break man-coverage against a CB found off the scrap heap.

They can't make the first defender to get to Joseph Randle miss.

They can't make Brandon Weeden see Jason Witten breaking open.

They can't stop Brice Butler's hamstring from pulling on a fly pattern.

That said, Joseph Randle, Brandon Weeden, Terrence Williams, and Brice Butler can't be held accountable for what they aren't. They aren't consistent, creative, or dangerous players. Not without a lot of help.

That is on the front office, pure and simple. Why trade for Michael, Cassel, or Butler in the 11th hour when you had to know these positions have been weak since last season?
We apparently saw different games. The defense just got their asses handed to them again in the second half for two weeks in a row.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
No idea how you can say this...Michael has never given an indication he can be a lead back. The other 2 have not shown it either, but I don't think any of the 3 are all that good to begin with.
I'd like to see Michael get an extended look. He has the pedigree, and has shown flashes on the field. Apparently his problems are off the field, and if he's overcome these I want to see him get a real chance.

Carp

DCC 4Life
This loss is not on the D. The D is battling injuries just like the offense, but I feel like the D gives you great effort every game, can't say the same for the O. The lack of big time consuming drives are what this team needs to help the D. We can do it because we can't run.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We apparently saw different games. The defense just got their asses handed to them again in the second half for two weeks in a row.
They were never built to stay on the field. They are a hoard of little dudes who hustle to create chaos and turnovers. The DL are all supposed to be "rushmen"-- what other defense works that way? For example, how can you be "rushing" when the other team is?

The answer is you hope they don't rush. As in, ever. You need them passing to come from behind.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This loss is not on the D. The D is battling injuries just like the offense, but I feel like the D gives you great effort every game, can't say the same for the O. The lack of big time consuming drives are what this team needs to help the D. We can do it because we can't run.
Bingo. Fault== front office, pure and simple.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'd like to see Michael get an extended look. He has the pedigree, and has shown flashes on the field. Apparently his problems are off the field, and if he's overcome these I want to see him get a real chance.
The pedigree? He has far from a pedigree...he had a decent college career and has around 300 yards in the NFL. He was a 2nd round pick that Seattle felt comfortable moving on from.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The defense looked great in the first two games. Of course even without a running game if you have a QB that consistently moves the chains that's really all you need.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
They were never built to stay on the field. They are a hoard of little dudes who hustle to create chaos and turnovers. The DL are all supposed to be "rushmen"-- what other defense works that way? For example, how can you be "rushing" when the other team is?

The answer is you hope they don't rush. As in, ever. You need them passing to come from behind.
Doesn't matter that they weren't built to stay on the field. They folded in the second half. The offense even though sluggish put the team in a position to move toward a win only to see it pissed away by two consecutive drives the length of the field.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Doesn't matter that they weren't built to stay on the field. They folded in the second half. The offense even though sluggish put the team in a position to move toward a win only to see it pissed away by two consecutive drives the length of the field.
The defense kept the team in the game in another inept 2nd half O performance. They were exhausted from carrying the team. Wilson got beat on a wheel route to Spiller...in a spot he probably never played.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He was a 2nd round pick that Seattle felt comfortable moving on from.
Pedigree. Young, high draft pick, powerful build, 221 pounds, 4.54 speed, productive college career, 4.8 YPC in the NFL. Randle is smaller and slower. McFadden older and stiffer.

Neither has the consistent power Michael has demonstrated.

I believe Seattle traded him because of off-field related/maturity issues.

At this point, i could GAS about maturity. Feed him some bipolar meds and get him on the field.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Randle is immature as well and we see how that is being handled as well. He doesnt have a pedigree and Randle had 6.7 ypc last season. Its just a name that isnt Randle, McFadden, or Dunbar.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Pedigree. Young, high draft pick, powerful build, 221 pounds, 4.54 speed, productive college career, 4.8 YPC in the NFL. Randle is smaller and slower. McFadden older and stiffer.

Neither has the consistent power Michael has demonstrated.

I believe Seattle traded him because of off-field related/maturity issues.

At this point, i could GAS about maturity. Feed him some bipolar meds and get him on the field.
He has potential...not pedigree.

Regards,

Grammar Nazi

Top Bottom