2015 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Impressive win by Texas Tech at Arkansas.
Just wow. Our defense still won't hold up against good offenses, but this was a good win.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Rev told me earlier that TTU couldn't beat UT. Considering this, I think we've got a chance to get to 6-6 with a win over UT.
I stand by that. Go back and look at the series and you tell me where we should have any confidence (as a fan) playing the Longhorns.

I said "We dont beat Texas" as in we dont usually beat Texas.

Last edited:

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I stand by that. Go back and look at the series and you tell me where we should have any confidence (as a fan) playing the Longhorns.

I said "We dont beat Texas" as in we dont usually beat Texas.
We don't beat Texas because Texas is usually good. They suck.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Kingsbury talking mad shit to Bielema. :lol

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
:lol at Texas missing the game tying XP.

PK is going to get his ass kicked.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
[MENTION=22]Texas Ace[/MENTION] even though Texas will lose this one in heart breaking fashion, at least it looks like Texas has finally found a legit play maker at QB.

Heard is reminding me of Vince Young.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I saw on Twitter that Tyrone Swoopes went 1-9 his last year in high school and had a 42% completion percentage.

How the hell was he considered a 4 star QB recruit with numbers like that?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I saw on Twitter that Tyrone Swoopes went 1-9 his last year in high school and had a 42% completion percentage.

How the hell was he considered a 4 star QB recruit with numbers like that?
Mack Brown wouldn't retract a Scholly offer that he made to a Jr even if they sucked balls or got hurt as a Sr.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
49-15. I doubt Texas was good in every one of those years.
Those 15 wins happened sometime. I'm not predicting us to reverse the trend, just get one of those rare wins before they fire their coach, just like we beat them in 1997 before they fired Mackovick.

Rev

Staff member
Those 15 wins happened sometime. I'm not predicting us to reverse the trend, just get one of those rare wins before they fire their coach, just like we beat them in 1997 before they fired Mackovick.
Yeah.. Yeah.. Any given saturday and shit... It just doesnt really happen that often with Tech versus Texas. With the original post was pointing out that even if Texas is having a bad year that doesnt mean its a given win against them. Just cant count them as a given win because we havent proven that we can beat them.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Yeah.. Yeah.. Any given saturday and shit... It just doesnt really happen that often with Tech versus Texas. With the original post was pointing out that even if Texas is having a bad year that doesnt mean its a given win against them. Just cant count them as a given win because we havent proven that we can beat them.
Not saying it's going to be a gimme. We could still lose, but I think we have a chance in a shootout. Mahomes is playing pretty well and their defense is crap. I don't really care about the historical series, it has no effect on the game. This year is this year. We're not going to get beat because we lost to Vince Young 10 years ago.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I have to give it to Mayfield. He looked really good yesterday. That scramble and throw for a TD was a thing of beauty.

Rev

Staff member
Not saying it's going to be a gimme. We could still lose, but I think we have a chance in a shootout. Mahomes is playing pretty well and their defense is crap. I don't really care about the historical series, it has no effect on the game. This year is this year. We're not going to get beat because we lost to Vince Young 10 years ago.
If you dont want to believe in trends that fine but history shows otherwise. I will never take it for granted that or even should win against Texas just because Young beat us. Its because Young, McCoy, last years QB, Applewhite, etc, etc, etc,.... and so on down the line.

My view of the team after last night has changed a bit. That was a big win for the program regardless of how poorly Arkansas may or may not be play this year.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=22]Texas Ace[/MENTION] even though Texas will lose this one in heart breaking fashion, at least it looks like Texas has finally found a legit play maker at QB.

Heard is reminding me of Vince Young.
I was thinking just that last night as we were lining up for the XP.

It looks like we finally have a playmaker at QB. He may not be much of a passer, but he has the look of someone that can make some things happen at the position for the first time since Colt McCoy, and that should give us a much better chance to compete in some games that we otherwise wouldn't have.

But then we missed the XP and now I don't give a shit.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
If you dont want to believe in trends that fine but history shows otherwise. I will never take it for granted that or even should win against Texas just because Young beat us. Its because Young, McCoy, last years QB, Applewhite, etc, etc, etc,.... and so on down the line.

My view of the team after last night has changed a bit. That was a big win for the program regardless of how poorly Arkansas may or may not be play this year.
I don't believe in trends that have nothing to do do with the players playing now. Last year, year before last, we lost. And we have the same coaches and some of the same players. So that trend is important. I think we're better now than last year and they are worse, if you disagree with that, that's cool. Just don't feed me the line that losing in 1977 has some effect on the outcome of a game in 2015.

Rev

Staff member
I don't believe in trends that have nothing to do do with the players playing now. Last year, year before last, we lost. And we have the same coaches and some of the same players. So that trend is important. I think we're better now than last year and they are worse, if you disagree with that, that's cool. Just don't feed me the line that losing in 1977 has some effect on the outcome of a game in 2015.

I guess we will eventually even the series, then.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I guess we will eventually even the series, then.
Nope. UT will always have more money to buy better coaches and build better facilities and have more national TV games and recruit better players. We'll just keep winning once in a while when they suck or have an unlucky game. I think this year is one of those times when their talent is not as good as their resources.

BTW, what's Baylor's all time record vs. UT? Are they going to lose to UT too this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom