Christine Michael to Dallas

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Can't really beat that. I wonder how the hell we pulled that off. The front office is doing smart things and I have to admit I am a little frightened.
Hey, man, I already said it was a conditional 7th earlier in the thread. You didn't believe me, asshole?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Archer's latest article seems to suggest that Randle's legal issues might have been a prompt for the deal since he missed the luncheon due to legal matters.

If that's the case, this deal was almost a necessity if they think that he might get suspended or something.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So would you have rathered West or Michael? Interesting that it said Cleveland wanted too much for West but he went for the same price we paid for Michael.

p1_

DCC 4Life

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I don't know much about Michael but if he became expendable after they signed a 34 year old RB on the downside of his career to a one year deal...Well, it doesn't seem like they must think much of the guy considering he was a 2nd round pick just a couple of years ago. /pessimist

Jiggyfly

Banned
So would you have rathered West or Michael? Interesting that it said Cleveland wanted too much for West but he went for the same price we paid for Michael.
That Titans 7th might have been their fall back deal after not getting what they were asking.

Stars

DCC 4Life
Yeah if it's a 7th I have no problem with it. I just didnt like those articles that just said "conditional" with no round attached to it.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't know much about Michael but if he became expendable after they signed a 34 year old RB on the downside of his career to a one year deal...Well, it doesn't seem like they must think much of the guy considering he was a 2nd round pick just a couple of years ago. /pessimist
All of that is very valid, maybe the Cowboys think he is a better system fit.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That Titans 7th might have been their fall back deal after not getting what they were asking.
Hmmm... Like maybe they wanted a 6th from us because we pick so low, or a 7th from the Titans cause they'll pick high.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Hmmm... Like maybe they wanted a 6th from us because we pick so low, or a 7th from the Titans cause they'll pick high.
Something like that or they might have been holding out for a 5th and we just moved on and they took what they could get.

It just goes to show how unpredictable drafting a RB can be this guy was a 3rd rounder last year and now he is traded.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I may be in the minority here, but I think Michael will be very good for us. I think he is immediately our best RB. Maybe by a wide margin. I love this deal.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Scouting Report: Evaluating The Game Tape Of New RB Christine Michael
Sunday, September 06, 2015 4:46 PM CDT

By Bryan Broaddus
Football Analyst/Scout
@BryanBroaddus

Name: Christine Michael
Position: RB
College: Texas A&M
Height: 5-10
Weight: 220
Draft: 62nd overall by Seattle, 2013
Games Studied: 2015 preseason vs. DEN, KC, SD, OAK; 2014 regular season vs. NYG, PHI, ARZ

Report: Michael is a square-built player that is thick in both the upper and lower body. He shows an initial burst to and through the hole, he but doesn’t have long range speed. He was much better in the preseason turning the corner with speed than he was last year.

He’s a physical finisher with the ball in his hands -- more likely to run over you than avoid with moves. Will lower his shoulder or throw a stiff arm in a tackler’s face to buy separation. Always trying to extend the play and fight for extra yards. Runs with lower body power.

In 2014 he was put in against the Eagles to kill the last two minutes of the game, and, against an eight-man box, he was able to grind out a first down. He runs low to the ground and keeps his legs moving.
Michael is not going to make you miss in space, but when he gets a hole he is going to attack it -- downhill with a head of steam. But I would not call him a creator with the ball in his hands. He sees opportunities and goes. There were snaps where he tried to be nifty and wasn’t successful. Michael runs like he is on a track or a rail – which would be the opposite of what you see in Darren McFadden’s running style.

As a receiver, he always has good hands. He can work the screen or between the hashes. Has some pop as a pass blocker, but I worry about his overall technique. He is more likely to throw a shoulder at a rusher than sit square and take him on. But he is more than willing, because I saw him take a shot at a defensive end for the Raiders and come away undamaged. Gary Brown will need to help him improve in this area.

I had a bit of concern with his ball security for the number of carries he received. He had the ball ripped out of his hands against the Cardinals last season, then he put it on the ground again in the preseason against the Broncos -- but his teammates managed to recover.

Where Christine Michael fits in this current group of Cowboys running backs is that he is that physical hammer. He is more likely to take the ball and hit the hole instead of showing a great deal of patience and allowing blocks to develop. Once he gets going – he is a load to stop. Read
by TaboolaPromoted Links
You May Like

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't even think we had a sixth to give thanks to the Swaim deal.

Top Bottom