Sturm Morning After

Landry

DCC 4Life
Well I heard they are thinking of activating McFadden. Hopefully this gets Dunbar off the field. At least McFadden can block and actually run the football.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
You'd think you'd get just a little more from Dez than what we have been considering his huge paycheck.
While his performance on Sunday night was a huge disappointment, let's not act like he's been horrible all year.

He was playing really well over the past month until the Giants game. In fact, I saw a stat that over a 5 game stretch he was 2nd in the NFL in receiving TDs and top 5 in receiving yards.

No he's not AJ Green or Julio Jones but that's still pretty damn good production.

Slam him for Sunday night all you want but don't act like he's been a bum all year because that's absolutely false.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
While his performance on Sunday night was a huge disappointment, let's not act like he's been horrible all year.

He was playing really well over the past month until the Giants game. In fact, I saw a stat that over a 5 game stretch he was 2nd in the NFL in receiving TDs and top 5 in receiving yards.

No he's not AJ Green or Julio Jones but that's still pretty damn good production.

Slam him for Sunday night all you want but don't like he's been a bum all year because that's absolutely false.
You were Bipolared.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well I heard they are thinking of activating McFadden. Hopefully this gets Dunbar off the field. At least McFadden can block and actually run the football.
I was literally about to flip out every time we brought that turd into the game on third down against the Giants. What has he done to earn that role? What has he shown that makes the team think he is better then Elliott on third down. I mean seriously, if you have the ball in Dunbar's hands or Elliott's who is more likely to get the 10 yards? Who is the better screen back?

I mean Elliott is better in every god damn way possible and yet we force Dunbar on the field. Does that guy ever make anyone miss? Or break a tackle? And then of course he goes and takes a kick return to the F'ing 13 yard line. Some things I just will never understand. Dunbar continuing to be thrown out onto the field is one of those things. It defies all logic but it's like our coaches are too close to the situation to even see how dumb they are being about that.

So yeah, I'd love to cut Dunbar to make room for McFadden. Instead we will cut the rookie Jackson I'm sure. A guy who might actually have a future here.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I was literally about to flip out every time we brought that turd into the game on third down against the Giants. What has he done to earn that role? What has he shown that makes the team think he is better then Elliott on third down. I mean seriously, if you have the ball in Dunbar's hands or Elliott's who is more likely to get the 10 yards? Who is the better screen back?

I mean Elliott is better in every god damn way possible and yet we force Dunbar on the field. Does that guy ever make anyone miss? Or break a tackle? And then of course he goes and takes a kick return to the F'ing 13 yard line. Some things I just will never understand. Dunbar continuing to be thrown out onto the field is one of those things. It defies all logic but it's like our coaches are too close to the situation to even see how dumb they are being about that.

So yeah, I'd love to cut Dunbar to make room for McFadden. Instead we will cut the rookie Jackson I'm sure. A guy who might actually have a future here.
I think they are wary of overusing zeke like they did with Murray. That's a legit concern, but the time to worry about that was September/october (the God damn bears game for example), not so much now. Especially when the game is on the line.

Part of the problem is they practice those formations and situations with Dunbar so they're not going to want to change that midgame. But that should probably change.

I'd be happy with McFadden as the 3rd down back and kick returner, but they probably won't do it. More likely he'll either be inactive or replace Morris.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'd be happy with McFadden as the 3rd down back and kick returner, but they probably won't do it. More likely he'll either be inactive or replace Morris.
This is the crazy thing about our team. They're making some kind of point with McFadden when he should be the nickel back and forget about it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think they are wary of overusing zeke like they did with Murray. That's a legit concern, but the time to worry about that was September/october (the God damn bears game for example), not so much now. Especially when the game is on the line.
It's stupid, but I could be more accepting of this if the intention was to not run Zeke into the ground, but that way of thinking should always take a backseat whenever a game is on the line.

You wanna idiotically use Dunbar on every 3rd down between the 1st and 3rd quarters? Fine.....I guess. But when it's the damn 4th quarter in a game where your offense is struggling against a division rival with a chance to clinch the division and a bye week, then you better damn well have enough common sense to alter that plan instead of still sticking with Dunbar when a player 100 times better is available to you.

To hell with "well, that's how we practiced it". A player the caliber of Elliot doesn't need some pratice reps to know what to do out there on the field in a passing situation.

The coaches have done a really good job for the most part this season, but it's crap like this that drives you mad because it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Part of the problem is they practice those formations and situations with Dunbar so they're not going to want to change that midgame. But that should probably change.

All good points especially the one about limiting Zekes touches.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's stupid, but I could be more accepting of this if the intention was to not run Zeke into the ground, but that way of thinking should always take a backseat whenever a game is on the line.

You wanna idiotically use Dunbar on every 3rd down between the 1st and 3rd quarters? Fine.....I guess. But when it's the damn 4th quarter in a game where your offense is struggling against a division rival with a chance to clinch the division and a bye week, then you better damn well have enough common sense to alter that plan instead of still sticking with Dunbar when a player 100 times better is available to you.

To hell with "well, that's how we practiced it". A player the caliber of Elliot doesn't need some pratice reps to know what to do out there on the field in a passing situation.

The coaches have done a really good job for the most part this season, but it's crap like this that drives you mad because it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Elliott was the third down back earlier this year when Dunbar was nursing his newest injury. So it's not like Elliott doesn't know how to run a 2 minute offense. It's stupid. Plain and simple.

I'm all for limiting his touches but there is a right way to do it and a right place and time. Morris getting more carries is a great way to limit it. Putting a shitstain like Dunbar in a game with the division on the line is the wrong way to do it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Elliott was the third down back earlier this year when Dunbar was nursing his newest injury. So it's not like Elliott doesn't know how to run a 2 minute offense. It's stupid. Plain and simple.

I'm all for limiting his touches but there is a right way to do it and a right place and time. Morris getting more carries is a great way to limit it. Putting a shitstain like Dunbar in a game with the division on the line is the wrong way to do it.
I'm kind of shocked at the lack of touches that Morris has received in recent weeks.

8 total rush attempts since the Cleveland game. Inexcusable.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm kind of shocked at the lack of touches that Morris has received in recent weeks.

8 total rush attempts since the Cleveland game. Inexcusable.
Given the choice between Dunbar or Morris to limit snaps, how can anyone in their right mind pick Dunbar?

townsend

Banned
Given the choice between Dunbar or Morris to limit snaps, how can anyone in their right mind pick Dunbar?
I think Morris's limited skillset as a pass catcher and blocker makes Dunbar the default 3rd down back. No idea why McFadden, who can rush, catch, and block has been left off the roster for a gadget player who hasn't had an impactful play all year. Guessing because Linehan or Garrett is in love with the idea of Dunbar.

townsend

Banned
This is the team that started Randle over McFadden. I don't know if that aspect of evaluation is very strong here.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Morris's limited skillset as a pass catcher and blocker makes Dunbar the default 3rd down back. No idea why McFadden, who can rush, catch, and block has been left off the roster for a gadget player who hasn't had an impactful play all year. Guessing because Linehan or Garrett is in love with the idea of Dunbar.
Yeah I'm not suggesting putting Morris in as the third down back. I'm suggesting you use Elliott as the third down back and use Morris more on first and second down.

And in terms of third down ability, I'd easily take McFadden over Dunbar as well. Hell just watching Dunbar against the Giants he puts zero effort into the play when Dak is scrambling for his life. If you're the RB do something to get open or get in the QB's line of sight. Instead Dunbar stands there like a stupid idiot in the middle of the field with a defender ready to tackle him if Dak does throw him the ball.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:lol

I know but I couldn't help myself. Arrgh!
Yeah. I know the feeling. Ive caught myself a couple of times. Just best to ignore him when he makes those posts.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Hell, I'd go as far as saying it's borderline coaching malpractice.

Top Bottom