QB Controversy Thread...

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I agree. Linehan had maybe his worst game of the season as well. Not only the Dunbar bullshit, but the run was completely abandoned in a 3 point game the entire 4th Q. Maybe a run on first down, but then 2nd down was PA pass almost every time. Just stick to pounding them with Zeke.
I would like to see more of those TE screen to Witten though. He is this close to taking one to the house. :unsure

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This has nothing to do with QB play but I feel like our special teams are low key shit. We haven't really given up any big returns, so that's nice, but I feel like they are good for at least two boneheaded mistakes per game, whether it's a penalty or a returner fielding a punt inside the 10 instead of allowing it to bounce into the end zone. Of course we've barely had any big returns ourselves, so there's that also.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This has nothing to do with QB play but I feel like our special teams are low key shit. We haven't really given up any big returns, so that's nice, but I feel like they are good for at least two boneheaded mistakes per game, whether it's a penalty or a returner fielding a punt inside the 10 instead of allowing it to bounce into the end zone. Of course we've barely had any big returns ourselves, so there's that also.
There's no low key to it. They have been downright shitty the last couple of weeks.

I can live with the pedestrian punt returns but it seems like literally every punt return ends with a Cowboys penalty. Which leads to the Cowboys having to drive 85+ yards for a score.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I don't think there's a team that hasn't struggled like this at some point during the year. knee jerking about Dak is unwarranted and silly. It's the first lousy game of his career. Romo has a couple every single season.

Dak's 11-2, but with the hysteria I've been seeing, you'd think he was 2-11.
Yes, but as usual, we are shitting the bed in December when we should be playing our best.

I've seen this movie too many times.

Play great early in the year, then for whatever reason, shit. the. bed.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yes, but as usual, we are shitting the bed in December when we should be playing our best.

Two years ago we had essentially the same team, but with Romo at QB. And we destroyed teams in December. Imagine that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Once they do that to Prescott there is no going back.
That's probably true so the decision is to continue with Dak sink or swim and don't look back even at the risk of getting blown up in pre season, (which may not happen) or play your ace in the hole and hope it's enough to sweep the table.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't think there's a team that hasn't struggled like this at some point during the year. knee jerking about Dak is unwarranted and silly. It's the first lousy game of his career. Romo has a couple every single season.

Dak's 11-2, but with the hysteria I've been seeing, you'd think he was 2-11.
Yes he is 11-2 and that's great. What is concerning are some of the trends the last few games now that the pressure is getting more intense. This will only get harder. The concern that some of us have had for a while is that with this being the case and him being a rookie will he be able deal with these pressures. There may be some signs that he can't and then how much room is safe to allow before a move has to be made. Dallas is in the catbird seat at the moment but the way things are going the floor could fall out.

townsend

Banned

In 2009 we dropped one to the Giants in December. Still finished strong. The Broncos were 2-2 in there last 4 regular season games last year. The Panthers dropped a game in December to the Falcons. The pats dropped 2 games in the last month of 2014. The Packers dropped a game in December that same year, and beat us even though we were riding a five game winning streak.

Let's not forget that most of the teams meltdowns over the years were defense folding down the stretch, this time it's been playing remarkably well.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yes he is 11-2 and that's great. What is concerning are some of the trends the last few games now that the pressure is getting more intense. This will only get harder. The concern that some of us have had for a while is that with this being the case and him being a rookie will he be able deal with these pressures. There may be some signs that he can't and then how much room is safe to allow before a move has to be made. Dallas is in the catbird seat at the moment but the way things are going the floor could fall out.
That's why they play the games. To see just what happens, despite all our conjecture.

townsend

Banned
There are trends and there are manipulation of stats to reinforce a faulty narrative.

Dak played well last Thursday, he was 12 for 18 and had a lot of great plays erased by penalties.

He had 5 straight games without an INT. His passer rating was 108 for his previous 2 games.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
The Defense had their best game of the season last night. Marinelli brought some heat, and got out of his comfort zone to force Eli to make some bad decisions.

I'd like to see Linehan and Garrett take the training wheels off Dak and let the kid air the ball out.

The DC in the league haven't "figured out" Dak...they've figured out when pressure is put on Dak, Linehan goes to stupid ass 7-8 yard passes...much like what they have done to Wentz in Philly.

If Dak doesn't get the ball down the field when given the opportunity then its time to start placing most of the blame at his feet.

townsend

Banned
Two years ago we had essentially the same team, but with Romo at QB. And we destroyed teams in December. Imagine that.
If Romo had been under center in Minneapolis they would have been cleaning his shattered remains off the field.

townsend

Banned
The Defense had their best game of the season last night. Marinelli brought some heat, and got out of his comfort zone to force Eli to make some bad decisions.

I'd like to see Linehan and Garrett take the training wheels off Dak and let the kid air the ball out.

The DC in the league haven't "figured out" Dak...they've figured out when pressure is put on Dak, Linehan goes to stupid ass 7-8 yard passes...much like what they have done to Wentz in Philly.

If Dak doesn't get the ball down the field when given the opportunity then its time to start placing most of the blame at his feet.
It's weird that we sort of went with the same losing gameplan from the season opener.

Genghis Khan

And that Romo led team did what in January?
Won a playoff game and came damn close to knocking off GB in GB (which is a very tall task) if maybe not for a critical fumble from the star running back.

Unless you are one to think every single loss is on Romo and nothing good he ever did matters, which seems to be the prevalent false narrative being floated around here of late. (And just to nip this common retort in the bud, I've said many times Romo was responsible for some of our big losses, like the redskins end of season loss a few years ago).

Genghis Khan

There are trends and there are manipulation of stats to reinforce a faulty narrative.

Dak played well last Thursday, he was 12 for 18 and had a lot of great plays erased by penalties.

He had 5 straight games without an INT. His passer rating was 108 for his previous 2 games.
Against Minnesota? No Dak did not play well. QB rating often paints an incomplete and flawed picture.

Genghis Khan

If Romo had been under center in Minneapolis they would have been cleaning his shattered remains off the field.
Perhaps, but that merely brings us back to Dak being the starter while simultaneously giving us our best shot with Romo.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Won a playoff game and came damn close to knocking off GB in GB (which is a very tall task) if maybe not for a critical fumble from the star running back.

Unless you are one to think every single loss is on Romo and nothing good he ever did matters, which seems to be the prevalent false narrative being floated around here of late. (And just to nip this common retort in the bud, I've said many times Romo was responsible for some of our big losses, like the redskins end of season loss a few years ago).
C'mon, dude. He bobbled the snap in Seattle.

Did you forget?

Top Bottom