Week 14 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs Giants | 12/11/2016

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Last night certainly sucked but in the grand scheme of things we're still 11-2 and firmly in control of our own destiny.

Even though the offense is slowing down, I don't think it's time to panic just yet. If you look at the NFL record books you will only find one Super Bowl champ that went undefeated throughout the regular season and only a couple of SB Champs who finished with 1 loss. My guess is that Super Bowl champions average about 4 losses per year. Therefore if you were honest with yourself, you had to know we probably have another loss or 2 coming to us. Even the beloved dynasty teams of the 90s suffered 3 or 4 regular season losses along with way.

Hopefully we can get healthy versus Tampa. If the offense gets back on track and Dak gives us the 20-27, 250 yard, 2 TD, performance he's given us most of the year.....yesterday's performance will be viewed as a minor bump in the road.

So vent today, but remember all is not lost as we're still the team to beat in the NFC.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I could see this team losing at least 2 out of the next three. Nothing the last three weeks have caused me to have great faith they will turn it around. They've gotten worse each week.

Playing a hot Bucs and Lions team will be tough, and a Division team on the road. We may be playing in the Wildcard round fellas.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Defense played a pretty good game, so if the offense can get back on track I feel a lot better about the team's chances in the playoffs...especially if Claiborne comes back.

Was nice to see some pressure on Manning last night.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I could see this team losing at least 2 out of the next three. Nothing the last three weeks have caused me to have great faith they will turn it around. They've gotten worse each week.

Playing a hot Bucs and Lions team will be tough, and a Division team on the road. We may be playing in the Wildcard round fellas.
GTFO

Smitty

DCC 4Life
We have three games left and the Giants have three games left. That's 6 outcomes.

We need two of them to go in our favor. We win 2 of 3, the Giants lose 2 of 3, or we win 1 of 3 and the Giants lose 1 of 3.

Certainly all possible.

shane

DCC 4Life
I don't think we should panic, but it definitely seems like the team still relies on its immense talent and isn't particularly well-coached. That doesn't bode well for us in the playoffs.

1bigfan13

Staff member

The Bucs and Lions are barely skating by subpar teams. They have winning streaks but I don't know if I'd call them hot.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Last night certainly sucked but in the grand scheme of things we're still 11-2 and firmly in control of our own destiny.

Even though the offense is slowing down, I don't think it's time to panic just yet. If you look at the NFL record books you will only find one Super Bowl champ that went undefeated throughout the regular season and only a couple of SB Champs who finished with 1 loss. My guess is that Super Bowl champions average about 4 losses per year. Therefore if you were honest with yourself, you had to know we probably have another loss or 2 coming to us. Even the beloved dynasty teams of the 90s suffered 3 or 4 regular season losses along with way.

Hopefully we can get healthy versus Tampa. If the offense gets back on track and Dak gives us the 20-27, 250 yard, 2 TD, performance he's given us most of the year.....yesterday's performance will be viewed as a minor bump in the road.

So vent today, but remember all is not lost as we're still the team to beat in the NFC.
The thing is that Super Bowl teams usually start playing their best this time of year. We are getting worse.

shane

DCC 4Life
The Bucs and Lions are barely skating by subpar teams. They have winning streaks but I don't know if I'd call them hot.
Stafford is incredibly impressive on a week in, week out basis and Tampa Bay just beat up on Seattle. It isn't going to be an easy road for us. Hopefully we get Atlanta in the first game.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I agree I think he has become too risk adverse and is holding on to the ball to long.

I am at least happy on the 2nd int he cut it loos and was giving Bryant a chance to make a play.

This is the 1st game he actually looked rattled and that is cause for concern.
This is not the first game he looked rattled, but it's the first game he didn't recover. He definitely looked rattled against SF, Minnesota, Philadelphia and Baltimore in the first part of each of those games.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
This team is going to win the division and HFA, that isn't really a concern. This loss has been coming for two weeks now, they played like shit against Minnesota but managed to win and last night it finally caught up to them. No matter what type of lip service is paid, any time a team is led by two rookies and wins 11 games in a row, especially when they pull off wins that they didn't quite deserve like the Vikings game, some complacency is going to set in.

That's why I didn't want to go into the playoffs on a 15 game winning streak, because no matter what anybody says, when you have a young team that seemingly has everything come easy, they're ripe for the picking. They needed to be hit in the mouth to regain some focus and hunger, it's human nature to relax when everything is going your way for 3 months, Clemson in college football is a pretty good example of that with their loss to Pittsburgh.

Now, if they come out against Tampa on fire and lay down a solid 10-17 point win, everything is fine. If not, and especially if Prescott struggles like he has over the last two, well, it's time to start thinking about Romo.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Stafford is incredibly impressive on a week in, week out basis and Tampa Bay just beat up on Seattle. It isn't going to be an easy road for us. Hopefully we get Atlanta in the first game.
Stafford hasn’t been lighting it up. I have him on my fantasy team so I've been following him closely on a weekly basis. He's been making plays in the clutch but for the most part I wouldn't classify what he's doing as incredibly impressive. They're doing just enough to win, as I pointed out earlier. There's a reason the Lions have so many 4th quarter comebacks. They're very sporadic.

Also, have you seen Seattle lately? Their offense is very hit or miss and for the most part it's been mostly miss. Credit to Tampa for winning the game but beating Seattle is not the measuring stick that it used to be.

I do expect both games to be tightly contested. 20-14 type games.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Defense played a pretty good game, so if the offense can get back on track I feel a lot better about the team's chances in the playoffs...especially if Claiborne comes back.

Was nice to see some pressure on Manning last night.
The thing that worries me is that this is the time of year when high powered offenses start to slow down. It happens every year.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Knowing that this win streak would end, I think I would rather lose a game now and have the team
re-focus and re-dedicate for the stretch run. Let's hope the rebound is swift and strong.
I agree and it gives us a chance to see if Dak is the real deal, how he bounces back from the last 2 games will give some indication if is truly a top shelf QB.

Not saying he has to be great but he cannot become skittish and indecisive like he was last night.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The thing that worries me is that this is the time of year when high powered offenses start to slow down. It happens every year.
Alot of that happens when the top offenses play on the road in hostile environments, especially in cold/poor weather, that's why this Tampa game is so curious to me. They are a good defense, but not a great one, I would say they are a notch or two below the Giants and Vikings, and we are at home after two poor offensive games in a controlled climate.

I expect a big offensive performance, and if we don't get one, that's when I start looking hard at Romo.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This is not the first game he looked rattled, but it's the first game he didn't recover. He definitely looked rattled against SF, Minnesota, Philadelphia and Baltimore in the first part of each of those games.
I disagree, I think he was off in those games but in the 4th last night he looked spooked, like he had no idea what to do.

I knew this day was coming it was inevitable for a rookie, hopefully he can learn and continue to grow.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Alot of that happens when the top offenses play on the road in hostile environments, especially in cold/poor weather, that's why this Tampa game is so curious to me. They are a good defense, but not a great one, I would say they are a notch or two below the Giants and Vikings, and we are at home after two poor offensive games in a controlled climate.

I expect a big offensive performance, and if we don't get one, that's when I start looking hard at Romo.
Yep this game will tell us a lot about this team.

I agree with you about the complacency thing and if we are being honest this team has been playing a bit over there head.

Top Bottom