Archer: What if Johnny Manziel slipped in draft?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You had to edit that?
I had typed out something completely different and decided to change it.

BUT I DONT HAVE TO ANSWER TO YOU!

~throws down crayons and runs out of room crying~

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
No way. Bortles or Bridgewater will be #1.
I just don't buy the Bortles hype, but some team will be stupid and desperate enough to draft him top ten.

When Manziel led that comeback against Alabama I have to say I was impressed. That is the attitude modern NFL QB's must have. They lost, but I couldn't believe how close they got with a vastly inferior team.

Last edited:

dallen

Senior Tech
I want an actual QB, not Doug Flutie 2.0

The guy looks like a kid who put on his daddy's football uniform out there
So you're saying he looks like a kid out there? :towel

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I just don't buy the Bortles hype, but some team will be stupid and desperate enough to draft him top ten.

When Manziel led that comeback against Alabama I have to say I was impressed. That is the attitude modern NFL QB's must have. They lost, but I couldn't believe how close they got with a vastly inferior team.
If beating Alabama is your benchmark for a great college QB then the Knight kid at Oklahoma is all world and equal to or better than Manzeil.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If beating Alabama is your benchmark for a great college QB then the Knight kid at Oklahoma is all world and equal to or better than Manzeil.
It's not *the* benchmark, but definitely strong enough to show me something.

When they were behind (twice) by three touchdowns he just kept bringing them back.

A&M couldn't stop Alabama, but you got the feeling no defense could stop A&M because of Manziel. Looking at that game McCarron was far more efficient, but the quality of the support around him was superior in every facet than what Manziel had and yet A&M lost by only 7.

It wasn't in his DNA to quit or become predictable or stupid. He believed he could win. I remember a guy named Staubach who played with that same belief in himself, and it inspired his team.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Carp

DCC 4Life
Good grief...even you know that is not close to remotely true...I'll wait and see if you say something smart in 5his thread.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I see all these JF haters, but I don't see them mentioning who they like at QB.

Carp

DCC 4Life
JF gets killed for throwing it up and letting Evans go get it...which is stupid. When you have a WR with a clear physical advantage over the DBs that are covering him trust him to make plays. Him and Dez would be a wet dream.

D

Deuce

I think when Bortles performs at the combine and measures close to 6'6, Houston will lock him down. O'Brien has seen him in person and was impressed and he will want a pro-style QB who has proven he can plan in that kind of offense.

Bridgewater's problem, much like Manziel, is size and injury risk.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think when Bortles performs at the combine and measures close to 6'6, Houston will lock him down. O'Brien has seen him in person and was impressed and he will want a pro-style QB who has proven he can plan in that kind of offense.

Like I said, "prototypical".

Carp

DCC 4Life

Based on talent he is not the top QB.

D

Deuce

Based on talent he is not the top QB.
lol Ok.

Stronger arm, more accurate, more composed in late game situations and able to make the clutch plays.

I love JF but he's #3 on my list.

Top Bottom