2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carp

DCC 4Life
That PR team really did a number on Briles...keep telling them this is 'Merica!

Carp

DCC 4Life
TCU is hurt most by not having a conference title game. Big time. When they are on the outside looking in I think that will expedite expansion.

D

Deuce

TCU is hurt most by not having a conference title game. Big time. When they are on the outside looking in I think that will expedite expansion.
That's the plan. After that, I just hope we're included cause once they get to 12 I think expansion ends for a long time.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
If there every was a case for expansion now is it. I'm getting more passed at UT by the second. Those jerks ruined the Big 12. So damn pissed. Now we have to water it down more by accepting a team that we never would have considered until now.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
BTW, can GT not find someone to run the option that can compete a pass. I'm not like booze in that I hate the system. I love it but you have to have the option to throw it down the field a time or two. Add that and you wn last night.

D

Deuce

If there every was a case for expansion now is it. I'm getting more passed at UT by the second. Those jerks ruined the Big 12. So damn pissed. Now we have to water it down more by accepting a team that we never would have considered until now.
:lol

The Big 12 was never in play for anyone so it's not like they missed out on adding teams before and are now scraping the bottom of the barrel. Their only play before was to keep the conference in tact as it was. Maybe if the rest of your conference had the balls to stand up to UT, they wouldn't be in this position.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Baylor and Ohio St jump over TCU in final AP poll:

No. 1 Alabama, No. 2 Florida State and No. 3 Oregon held their places from last week in the final media poll of the regular season.

The Bears were fourth and Buckeyes were fifth, with TCU dropping to two spots to sixth after Baylor and Ohio State had impressive wins against ranked teams on Saturday.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
:lol

The Big 12 was never in play for anyone so it's not like they missed out on adding teams before and are now scraping the bottom of the barrel. Their only play before was to keep the conference in tact as it was. Maybe if the rest of your conference had the balls to stand up to UT, they wouldn't be in this position.
It has absolutely nothing to do with balls. UT is in control and there is nothing anyone can do. Teams fought that battle for years and lost. Do you think that aTm and NU lacked balls? That wasnt the issue.

The conference lost

aTm - a rich and powerful school that brings a ton to the conference.
NU - amazing conference member with a rich tradition. They fill up a 92,000 stadium
Mizzu - great school
Colorado - unique Big 12 member. I could see how they fit in the Pac12 but losing them hurt

We gain
TCU - I mean come on, they had a a potential national championship on the line, are in a major metroplex and can't fill up a 45,000 stadium for a nationally televised game? Yes, I hate them.
WVU - good add to the conference. They bring more than Colorado but better than the other 3 that we lost?

Then we can add who from there? Nowhere to go but down...

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Baylor and Ohio St jump over TCU in final AP poll:

No. 1 Alabama, No. 2 Florida State and No. 3 Oregon held their places from last week in the final media poll of the regular season.

The Bears were fourth and Buckeyes were fifth, with TCU dropping to two spots to sixth after Baylor and Ohio State had impressive wins against ranked teams on Saturday.

It is going to be interesting to see what happens. I think that 2-6 is interchangeable. Oregon might be better than the others but I'm not sure. FSU keeps winning but they aren't impressive. OSUs resume isn't imprssive but their win last night was. TCU and Baylor could beat some people depending on the day.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Suck it, Big 12.

Time to expand to FL! :towel
Sooners suck so I didn't care one way or another.

As an aside, I get the impression the comittee didn't have a solid rhyme or reason for their rankings down the stretch. It was a toss up between those 3 teams (OSU, Baylor, & TCU) and I thought they were all deserving.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Sooners suck so I didn't care one way or another.

As an aside, I get the impression the comittee didn't have a solid rhyme or reason for their rankings down the stretch. It was a toss up between those 3 teams (OSU, Baylor, & TCU) and I thought they were all deserving.
As an aside, remember when you thought that OU was the front runner? Lol

I just don't see how the commitee was gonna let a blue blood like OSU sit this one out.

1bigfan13

Staff member
It has absolutely nothing to do with balls. UT is in control and there is nothing anyone can do. Teams fought that battle for years and lost. Do you think that aTm and NU lacked balls? That wasnt the issue.

The conference lost

aTm - a rich and powerful school that brings a ton to the conference.
NU - amazing conference member with a rich tradition. They fill up a 92,000 stadium
Mizzu - great school
Colorado - unique Big 12 member. I could see how they fit in the Pac12 but losing them hurt

We gain
TCU - I mean come on, they had a a potential national championship on the line, are in a major metroplex and can't fill up a 45,000 stadium for a nationally televised game? Yes, I hate them.
WVU - good add to the conference. They bring more than Colorado but better than the other 3 that we lost?

Then we can add who from there? Nowhere to go but down...
You're absolutely right.

I know Deuce is jaded by his love of UCF but adding UCF and USF is absolutely a step back from what this conference was 4 years ago.

Yeah adding UCF and USF will get you a little more of the Florida talent/visibility but on a national level neither of those schools are any better than TCU.

Outside of the the alumni and people in central Florida you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who gives a damn about UCF/USF football.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
As an aside, remember when you thought that OU was the front runner? Lol

I just don't see how the commitee was gonna let a blue blood like OSU sit this one out.
I drank the kool-aid.

I thought they'd actually build off the Sugar Bowl win. It definitely gave us a bit of a recruiting boost.

I've made my feelings for Stoops and his staff clear, so no need to rehash my opinion on that. Yesterday just reaffirmed my stance that it's time for fresh starts for both Stoops and OU.

1bigfan13

Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Hahaha Big12 you did this to yourself!!!
The committee's explanations were bogus. They gave reasons of strength of schedule for Baylor but why didn't they evaluate that fact of earlier when they put TC U up in the top 4. They used it as a trump card to bring in Ohio State if they won. The big 12 gof screwed by the coaching group on the committee. I would be interested to see who they are.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Ohio State has no business being in the playoff. Ticket sales won over quality teams.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I also think a big part of Ohio State being chosen absolutely is do to who they are. As Skid mentioned, Ohio St. is a blue blood. College Football royalty.

If all things are even, and they pretty much were even across the board, chances are you're going to go with the school with the sexier name.

Change Baylor & TCU's name to Texas and Oklahoma with the exact same results from yesterday, and I guarantee you Ohio St. is on the outside looking in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom