Archer: Mel Kiper Jr. has Cowboys taking DT in first mock

Carp

DCC 4Life
I disagree completely. I think he has all the ability to be a McCoy type back, my only concern with him is fumbling. It was a bit of an issue during his career. The guy may be short but he runs with tremendous balance which allows him to break tackles and not get thrown around like a rag doll.
I disagree completely. He is not a guy I would want as a starter, but part of a committee. McCoy is smart and does not take the big hit, Abdullah fancies himself a bit of a power back. I like the player, but no way would I want him as the lead back.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I disagree completely. He is not a guy I would want as a starter, but part of a committee. McCoy is smart and does not take the big hit, Abdullah fancies himself a bit of a power back. I like the player, but no way would I want him as the lead back.
He also has a bit of a fumbling problem.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Duke Johnson has the breakaway speed that would add a nice dimension to this offense.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I wonder if Gore would take a year-to-year deal with the guaranteed money in first year base salary.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I like him a lot but he has been injured a lot.
I really like how he came back from his injuries by training harder and gaining size and strength for his junior season. He was banged up his first two seasons and came back determined to improve and play.

I don't think he missed any time as a junior, so IMO he's answered that question and in a very encouraging way as his health was no fluke.

If Dallas gets a home run threat as an every down back...

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
I really like how he came back from his injuries by training harder and gaining size and strength for his junior season. He was banged up his first two seasons and came back determined to improve and play.

I don't think he missed any time as a junior, so IMO he's answered that question and in a very encouraging way as his health was no fluke.

There have been a good amount of UMiami players that flew under the radar in college and have really stepped up in the pros (Jimmy Graham and Sam Shields come to mind). I'd love to get a guy like Duke Johnson or Phillip Dorsett in this draft

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
There have been a good amount of UMiami players that flew under the radar in college and have really stepped up in the pros (Jimmy Graham and Sam Shields come to mind). I'd love to get a guy like Duke Johnson or Phillip Dorsett in this draft
Somehow I see his stock rising before the draft. I can only hope people over-emphasize his freshman and sophomore injuries when ranking him. I think he could definitely be had in the 2nd but probably won't last all the way to Dallas' pick in the 3rd.

This is a copycat league and too many teams are going to want to improve their running games, so I see an increased demand for the position.

Jiggyfly

Banned

He was hurt this year as well.

Top Bottom