Fish’s Cowboys 2015 Salary Cap Roster Primer

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Now that the cap is in better shape hopefully we'll be smart with our decisions and not squander it by mimicking a typical Redskins offseason by signing a bunch of names who never pan out going forward.

A starting DL and quality CB/S would be a nice start, especially so we won't feel obligated taking a CB high in the draft.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Now that the cap is in better shape hopefully we'll be smart with our decisions and not squander it by mimicking a typical Redskins offseason by signing a bunch of names who never pan out going forward.

A starting DL and quality CB/S would be a nice start, especially so we won't feel obligated taking a CB high in the draft.
You mean like we did when we signed Carr and drafted Mo Claiborn?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The CB thing should be something we solve quickly if we were smart. Dump Carr. Sign a moderate veteran like Culliver and move on.

I swear to God if we go into this draft needing a CB, I will freak the fuck out.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I know everyone wants to take a couple D-lineman in the draft and I really would like to do that but I'd also like to sign at least one quality D-line starter in free agency. It takes rookie D-lineman a little while to get traction. With Romo's age I'd rather not be waiting another year for this D-line rebuild to complete. I think Lawrence becomes a legit pass rusher next year. I think he was finally starting to catch on when the playoffs hit and I hope to see him do that all season long next year. I'd really like a legit 10 sack guy opposite him and then be able to rotate Mincey in off the bench. That would be ideal.

There are really only 2 free agent DEs that I can think of who fit that mold. Jerry Hughes of the Buffalo Bills and JPP from the Giants. My suggestion from the begining has been Hughes who is young, coming off back to back 10 sack years and should be cheaper then JPP. The question mark with Hughes of course is going to be his size and of course if his production is a result of being surrounded by studs. His production doesn't worry me though. He has done it in 2 straight years now and in Dallas I think his style would fit perfectly.

If not DE you could obviously look at free agency for a DT. But other then Suh are there any big impact guys on the market? You might be able to find an upgrade to Hayden but off the top of my head I can't think of any guys who could provide a serious push up the middle other then Suh.

I agree about CB/S as well. Not a big money corner but our depth at corner sucks and if we cut Carr we may need a couple of guys.

Top Bottom