TV Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
[h=1]'The Walking Dead' spinoff will be called 'Fear the Walking Dead'[/h]

• Kirsten Acuna

• Mar. 27, 2015, 3:35 PM

Later this year, AMC is launching a spinoff series to its most popular series "The Walking Dead," and we finally know it's name.

Creator Robert Kirkman revealed the name of the companion show on Twitter. Get ready for "Fear the Walking Dead" on Twitter.

Previously, the show went by the codename "Cobalt."

"Fear the Walking Dead" has already been confirmed for two seasons.

Unlike the original series, which takes place on the east coast, the new series will be set in Los Angeles. The series will star Kim Dickens and Cliff Curtis along with Frank Dillane and Alycia Debnam Carey.

Season one will comprise of six one-hour episodes, and will debut on AMC in summer 2015. Season 2 will air in 2016.

We don't know much else about the show, but the first trailer for the series will debut after the 90-minute premiere of "The Walking Dead" Sunday evening.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That's just what we need, a spinoff of Walking Dead, because the show doesn't move slow enough as is.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I just started watching Party Down South. I now feel more open to ripping on all of you rednecks who think I live at the Jersey Shore. This show is amazing.

That is all.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I just started watching Party Down South. I now feel more open to ripping on all of you rednecks who think I live at the Jersey Shore. This show is amazing.

That is all.
I think that is more in the southeast. Think Carolinas (Booze) and Georgia (McNuttz) than the rest of us.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think that is more in the southeast. Think Carolinas (Booze) and Georgia (McNuttz) than the rest of us.
Yeah, the outcasts of the southern states.

D

Deuce

Apparently George RR Martin has taken a bigger role in the story for GOT this year and plans to deviate from the books quite a bit to make it more interesting for those that read them. Not sure if this is a good thing or not as he specifically mentioned killing people that don't get killed in the books, but it'll still be fun to watch.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I have no idea what the hell that show is.
I havent watched it but Ive seen the commercials for it. I was only joking with you and McNuttz. Just think of a stereotypical redneck and multiply that tenfold. Just makes me ashamed of southern folks.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Caught the first couple episodes of Daredevil on Netflix. Looks like it belongs on the CW.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
X-Files is coming back

David Duchovny Always Wanted ‘The X-Files’ to Return to TV
Elizabeth Wagmeister
@EWagmeister
David Duchovny is gearing up to become Mulder once again with “The X-Files” revival going into production this summer, and he admits he’s always wanted the show to return.

“We always wanted to keep it going,” Duchovny told Variety on Thursday at NBC’s Summer Press Day in Pasadena, Calif., where he was on site to promote his upcoming drama “Aquarius,” which premieres May 28. “We always envisioned a movie franchise when we stopped the TV show, and we did two — the second one did well, but I guess not well enough to do a third, and we were all kind of disappointed that didn’t happen that way.”

“The X-Files” reboot will return to Fox with original creator Chris Carter for six episodes, which Duchovny says was appealing to him. “Television started to change in that now there are limited runs.” He added: “I think it’s the way the networks have to survive in the future. I think you can attract the talent you want by having a shorter season and you can tell more interesting stories.”

“I would never have gone and done another 22 episodes of ‘X-Files,'” Duchovny admits, “but we’re going to do six — well, that’s like doing a movie. That’s like continuing the show in a way that we all can do at this point in our lives so that’s it all came about.”

However, don’t rule out the franchise continuing beyond the six-episode run.

“Six to me sounds very doable at any walk of my life. It’s not a great hardship in terms of time,” he said. “I would hope it will be successful, I would hope we could continue, but right now, I’m just looking at it, as these six, and then we’ll see what happens.”
Since the original series went off the air in 2002, television has also evolved in numerous ways, including with regard to depictions of violence. So will the revival push boundaries?

“I suppose so,” Duchovny responded to reporters. “I’m not a violence fan, and I don’t look at it so much so I don’t think about it. I’ve seen some images from ‘Hannibal,’ he said, giving a nod to his co-star Gillian Anderson’s gruesome NBC thriller. “I think that’s well within what we need. I can’t imagine us wanting to get any weirder and darker than that, so I feel like we’re fine.”

Speaking of Anderson, Scully is returning, of course, but who else can fans expect to see in the upcoming series?

Duchovny stopped by “The Late Show With David Letterman” earlier this week and revealed a few returning characters. “Mitch Pileggi will come back,” he said on the talk show, referring to the actor who played FBI assistant director Walter Skinner, plus “the Cigarette-Smoking Man — if this means anything to anyone — will be coming back,” he said.

But today, Duchovny coiled back a bit on the spoilers.

“I’m not even sure they’re signed up yet. I guess I spoke out of turn,” he fessed up. “But I assume they will. I assume we’ll have as many people as we can. The show is the show.”
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/the-x-files-revival-david-duchovny-interview-1201465588/

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Still not sold on the casting but I wasn't on McConaughey either so what do I know

Jiggyfly

Banned
Freakin Slippin Jimmy:towel

Saul has been a fantastic show both visually and acted. I almost passed on this because I thought it would be a cheap imitation, but it has created its own universe very well.

The way they gave crafted Jimmy is brilliant it just makes everything that happened in BB seem much more tragic.

This is not BB at all and I don't mind it one bit.

Bob Odenkirk has been a revelation he is every bit as good as Cranston.

Top Bottom