Training Camp Thread...

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
You would think but who knows with this team. They will probably call the shits from last season.
I wonder how long Moore will be out. They better not run with Prescott & Showers for camp/preseason & then bring Moore back as the primary backup when he heals.

Something tells me they will dick around and bring in a schlub instead of Foles. Not that Foles is a world beater, but you aren't going to do any better than him at this point.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Foles has an 8-2 and 6-2 record to his name in two different seasons and posted a season where he threw 27 TDs versus 2 INTs.

Some of that may be Kelly, a lot of it even, but you can't see how anyone could assume that a guy who went 14-4 with 40 TDs to 12 INTs over two seasons might be a better QB than career nobody Kellen Moore? Is this a serious question?
It is if the flash in the pan suddenly couldn't get it together.
Continued below.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Foles has an 8-2 and 6-2 record to his name in two different seasons and posted a season where he threw 27 TDs versus 2 INTs.

Some of that may be Kelly, a lot of it even, but you can't see how anyone could assume that a guy who went 14-4 with 40 TDs to 12 INTs over two seasons might be a better QB than career nobody Kellen Moore? Is this a serious question?
It is if the flash in the pan suddenly couldn't get it together. His last two seasons the td to int ratio was pretty miserable. The stats you listed was early in his career.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Moore just broke his ankle so there's that.

We're done if Romo misses any more than like 4-5 games anyway so it's just reshuffling deck chairs. Foles is probably abit better than Moore though.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

We're done if Romo misses any more than like 4-5 games anyway so it's just reshuffling deck chairs. Foles is probably abit better than Moore though.
It's a shame that it takes an injury to force these guys to get off their ass and improve the roster.

Foles over Moore is a no brainer, IMO. Plus it's not like Moore is some 2nd year player with potential who just needs a little seasoning.

Hasn't he been in the league for 5 years already?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

At some point Foles got snake bit and began forcing throws . Could have been poor protection but he dropped off considerably the last 2 seasons.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
It is if the flash in the pan suddenly couldn't get it together. His last two seasons the td to int ratio was pretty miserable. The stats you listed was early in his career.
In 2013 he went 8-2 and threw 27 TDs to 2 INTs.
In 2014 he went 6-2 and threw 13 TDs to 10 INTs.
In 2015 he was bad last.

So it looks to me like he had one bad season but one really good one and one that we still would have loved to have here last year.

Im not seeing two "pretty miserable" seasons. How do we know he didn't just have a bad year with the Rams? I'm not saying he's gonna replicate 2013 again but I don't think he will suck like he did in 2015 again necessarily either. Probably something in between and if so that would be better than Moore.

And now that Moore is done for a while, definitely he should be the guy we turn to, instead of friggin Jameil Showers.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We're going nowhere with Foles anyway.

Play Dak.

This is why we fucking drafted him, right?

He at least has some semblance of talent.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
In 2013 he went 8-2 and threw 27 TDs to 2 INTs.
In 2014 he went 6-2 and threw 13 TDs to 10 INTs.
In 2015 he was bad last.

So it looks to me like he had one bad season but one really good one and one that we still would have loved to have here last year.

Im not seeing two "pretty miserable" seasons. How do we know he didn't just have a bad year with the Rams? I'm not saying he's gonna replicate 2013 again but I don't think he will suck like he did in 2015 again necessarily either. Probably something in between and if so that would be better than Moore.

And now that Moore is done for a while, definitely he should be the guy we turn to, instead of friggin Jameil Showers.
I consider he had 3 seasons with bad td to int ratios because I don't think 12 to 10 is good. But it's all moot I think.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
12-10 was way better than all of our QBs in 2016, including Romo.
Romo didn't really have a year. I will take a look at some others. I assume you are reducing this to a percentage for comparison. 12/10 is, 83% int to td. The seems higher than average.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
12-10 was way better than all of our QBs in 2016, including Romo.
As I said Romo didn't have a year and the target should be much better than last year. Almost everybody was better than the QB s at Dallas. That's not a difficult target the way they were used.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Nothing has changed just because Moore is hurt. Foles sucks.

I'd rather run with Prescott and hope he develops.

dallen

Senior Tech
How can anyone assume Foles, is a better choice than Moore. Neither is currently starter types but I think Foles may be more of an athlete. Moore is the better thinker.
(I guess this is kind of moot now, but ) I'm not saying Foles is some savior, but at least he has a past history of some success in the NFL. Moore may understand the game, but he doesn't have the physical skills to compete at this level.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
(I guess this is kind of moot now, but ) I'm not saying Foles is some savior, but at least he has a past history of some success in the NFL. Moore may understand the game, but he doesn't have the physical skills to compete at this level.
I was against Foles before but with the extra QB spot open now is the time to look at him in my opinion.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I was against Foles before but with the extra QB spot open now is the time to look at him in my opinion.
I also can go with him as a third QB but let Dak get the work at number 2 since he was drafted for this purpose. Foles is theoretically past the rookie yips.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Dak was drafted to develop. If you sign Foles it's to try and win football games now (if needed). No GM is going to sign Foles with the intent to put him at #3.

Top Bottom