Why again did Collins get no look at RT?

Jiggyfly

Banned
After watching him these last couple of games, he shows great ability to move and he has long arms.

I see no reason he could have at the very least been given more RT reps.

I think a line with Collins at RT and Leary/other would be be much better moving forward.

My DVR was on the fritz this weekend so I could not watch the whole game would have liked to really focus in on Collins.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
There is a clip of Collins taking out two guys on play that is out there. He pancaked the first guy then rolled over a DB. I'm on my phone or I would try to find it because it was impressive.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There is a clip of Collins taking out two guys on play that is out there. He pancaked the first guy then rolled over a DB. I'm on my phone or I would try to find it because it was impressive.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Because we have real professional football coaches who dedicate their lives to the mysterious craft of teaching men how to best run into and around each other, us mortals could only hope to understand how sports work.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
After watching him these last couple of games, he shows great ability to move and he has long arms.

I see no reason he could have at the very least been given more RT reps.

I think a line with Collins at RT and Leary/other would be be much better moving forward.

My DVR was on the fritz this weekend so I could not watch the whole game would have liked to really focus in on Collins.
Sounds like someone's never been a football coach in his life!

How do you have the nerve to question their decisions?

/guywhoknowspeoplewhohavecoachedatrandomlevelsofclassification

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah I have seen it.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think Free is better than Leary, so they could be just focusing on getting the 5 best OL on the field. Being a rookie, you don't want to overwhelm them.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I also think they see Chaz Green as a potential RT.

I'm not sure Free is better than Leary though. Leary is inconsistent but when he's on I think he's probably better than Free. Free is not the model of consistency either though.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think Free is better than Leary, so they could be just focusing on getting the 5 best OL on the field. Being a rookie, you don't want to overwhelm them.
I don't and Free has proven to be the more unreliable with injuries, at his age I would be trying to find his replacement actively.

Ialso think it's easier to find a good G than a good T.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I also think they see Chaz Green as a potential RT.

I'm not sure Free is better than Leary though. Leary is inconsistent but when he's on I think he's probably better than Free. Free is not the model of consistency either though.
Yeah I think they see Green as that as well but when he got injured I would have given Collins some meaningful snaps at RT.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't and Free has proven to be the more unreliable with injuries, at his age I would be trying to find his replacement actively.

Ialso think it's easier to find a good G than a good T.
We did well with Martin, but over recent years we have not done a great job finding Gs over Ts. We've done a good job with Smith and Free. Parnell was decent too.

I also think that if you look at the impact that Martin had at G, that adding an elite LG, while using a 3rd on a T makes sense.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think they like Collins' power inside, and would prefer him there. And he obviously has the feet, awareness and athleticism to pull out front, as witnessed by his boner inducing double pancake on Sunday pulling around left end.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think being a G allows Collins to excel being aggressive. Even RTs in the NFL have to go against good pass rushers and I don't know how well he would pass block outside the G phone booth.

dallen

Senior Tech
Collins seems like he is really excelling at LG so it seems like they made the right call there.

It is too bad Green got hurt. It seems crazy to say, but I am going to give the front office a little bit of credit when it comes to drafting Oline. Hopefully he comes back next year and beats out Free

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He's giving Tyron a run for best lineman. Collins takes getting to the second level seriously.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I can't really complain after seeing the way Collins has played at LG. He is destroying people. Sure I think he could be a really good RT but the dude is playing at an all pro type level at guard at times. No reason to cry over that.

Top Bottom