Robin Williams dead at 63

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Robin Williams dead at 63

By Nicole Sperling on Aug 11, 2014 at 6:55PM @nicsperling

Oscar winner and comedian Robin Williams died this morning at 63. While his publicist wouldn’t confirm that it was a suicide, they did issue this statement. “Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

Williams, who won an Oscar for his supporting role in Good Will Hunting, will reprise his role as Theodore Roosevelt in the third installment of Night at the Museum this December. He had recently signed on to reprise his beloved role as Mrs. Doubtfire in a sequel to be directed by Chris Columbus and was last seen opposite Annette Bening in the indie film The Face of Love.

According to a press release issued by the Marin County Coronor’s office, the Sheriff’s office suspects the death to be “suicide due to asphyxia.” The 9-1-1 phone call came in just before noon today.

---------

Damn.

RIP.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Holy shit. That's crazy. One of my all-time favorites. RIP.

Last edited:

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Did Robin Williams die???

Did Robin Williams die???

WTF, just saw on another forum he died of apparent suicide...

Carl

RIP Brother
You really never know what people are going through. Shame.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
That seriously sicks. The dude was always funny to me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He was a great tragic comic. There were times he went a little over the top, but that was part of his charm.

He was certainly distinctive.

Cotton

Staff member
He was a great tragic comic. There were times he went a little over the top, but that was part of his charm.

He was certainly distinctive.
Not to get all weird, but I'm seriously going to miss that dude. Like I said above, he was in my top ten actors of all time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not to get all weird, but I'm seriously going to miss that dude. Like I said above, he was in my top ten actors of all time.
There was always a little something you could tell below the surface. A little sadness.

I used to listen to his stand up he made after his Mork and Mindy days and it was excellent, especially when he talked about his personal life and his family.

He had some issues, no doubt. But he made people laugh despite that and that is a great thing that can't be emphasized enough.

I don't see him as an actor, although he ended up that way. He was a comic and entertainer. And a distinctive one that will be missed.

Cotton

Staff member
There was always a little something you could tell below the surface. A little sadness.

I used to listen to his stand up he made after his Mork and Mindy days and it was excellent, especially when he talked about his personal life and his family.

He had some issues, no doubt. But he made people laugh despite that and that is a great thing that can't be emphasized enough.

I don't see him as an actor, although he ended up that way. He was a comic and entertainer. And a distinctive one that will be missed.
Yeah, he definitely did more than just acting, but his acting really stands out to me. He translated from the stage to the movie screen very well. Just an amazing person and entertainer. Really sad to know he was harboring depression while doing what he did so well.

Cotton

Staff member
They are saying now that the cause of death was most likely asphyxiation. Please tell me he didn't hang himself.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They are saying now that the cause of death was most likely asphyxiation. Please tell me he didn't hang himself.
I would hate it more if it were auto-erotic.

He had a movie called World's Greatest Dad where he is a father who profited off his teenage son that did that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Twitter is blowing up with condolences.

This is one of my favorites...

Cotton

Staff member
I would hate it more if it were auto-erotic.

He had a movie called World's Greatest Dad where he is a father who profited off his teenage son that did that.
Yes, that would be much worse. It's all just so surreal right now.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Damn.....This is really sad.

I know he was a comic at heart, but damn he was good actor when he wanted to be.

He was excellent in Good Will Hunting.

Rest in peace.

D

Deuce

You can't watch his early stand ups and not see the manic side. As severe as it is, the depression probably ran just as deep. Another huge loss for comedy.

RIP

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I liked him up until about 10 years ago. It got to a point where he was trying too hard to be funny so he ended up being more annoying than funny.

It's a damn shame to hear this news, though. He was definitely a comedic legend.

R.I.P.

Top Bottom