QB Controversy Thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, but people seem to be forgetting that Romo has set the bar very very high.
Yeah 2014 Romo was nothing but a stud. If someone could promise me that's the Romo we get I'd be all for it. But if I'm getting 2015 Romo or even 2013 Romo I'm not so sure.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
No shit. Based one what we have seen, Dak is better than anything Romo did in 2015.
That 2015 team was not constructed well. The way they put the running game together made no sense.

And yet Romo was 3-1 with a team that went 1-11 without him. He wasn't having his best year, but he was fine.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That 2015 team was not constructed well. The way they put the running game together made no sense.

And yet Romo was 3-1 with a team that went 1-11 without him. He wasn't having his best year, but he was fine.
What Dak has done this year is better than that. That was my point.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No, but people seem to be forgetting that Romo has set the bar very very high.
Agree. Romo has a long record to assess his skills. Prescott has 3 games. Maybe in time he will erase the comparison and establish himself as the better QB but I don't think a declaration can be made from the current records established.

kidd

DCC 4Life
So I'm retarded for asking a question? Grow the fuck up.
Not saying you're retarded for asking a question. Just saying your question was a retarded one.

Asking why a QB who was 3rd in MVP voting two years ago is better than a rookie who has three games under his belt??

Really?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Don't see that as a strong point. If Dak was lost today the team may also go 11-1 this season. Assuming Romo didn't come back.

Cotton

Staff member
Don't see that as a strong point. If Dak was lost today the team may also go 11-1 this season. Assuming Romo didn't come back.
Huh?

kidd

DCC 4Life
Hay guyz.

Cole Beasley is better than Dez cuz his stats are better this year than Dez's through the first five games of last year!

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Agree. Romo has a long record to assess his skills. Prescott has 3 games. Maybe in time he will erase the comparison and establish himself as the better QB but I don't think a declaration can be made from the current records established.
Exactly.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Yeah 2014 Romo was nothing but a stud. If someone could promise me that's the Romo we get I'd be all for it. But if I'm getting 2015 Romo or even 2013 Romo I'm not so sure.
How are you gonna know unless Romo plays?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
How are you gonna know unless Romo plays?
You won't. But you play the odds. Romo had a ln amazing 2014 but thats one year of his career.

It's all up to Dak and what he does over the next 3 games. No reason the cling to hopes of the past if your future is getting the job done.

Cotton

Staff member
Hay guyz.

Cole Beasley is better than Dez cuz his stats are better this year than Dez's through the first five games of last year!
Nobody said anything about stats.

kidd

DCC 4Life
You won't. But you play the odds. Romo had a ln amazing 2014 but thats one year of his career.

It's all up to Dak and what he does over the next 3 games. No reason the cling to hopes of the past if your future is getting the job done.
You talk as if 2014 was the only year Romo played like an elite QB.

This makes absolutely no sense. You play whoever gives you the best chance to win. Any HC will tell you that.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Nobody said anything about stats.
Ok man. If you say so.

Good thing some of you never coached the Pats. Matt Cassell would have taken over the reigns from Brady a long time ago. :lol

Top Bottom