MLB Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
Reyes and Cabrera are killing everything. 8 RBIs from the lead off and 2nd batter...props to Granderson too...30 HRs on the season.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I don't know if the pitch was grooved or not but this was unbelievable. Very touching.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I don't know if the pitch was grooved or not but this was unbelievable. Very touching.
That is pretty cool. No way it was grooved though. The NYM are fighting for a Wild Card spot and need to win every game they can. Gordon just turned on one. It is a strange sight to see a guy crying as he touches home plate after a home run. It has to be extremely tough for the Marlins right now. Such a tragedy. Fernandez was an amazing pitcher. Absolutely one of the premier talents in the game. Just shocking that he is gone.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That is pretty cool. No way it was grooved though. The NYM are fighting for a Wild Card spot and need to win every game they can. Gordon just turned on one. It is a strange sight to see a guy crying as he touches home plate after a home run. It has to be extremely tough for the Marlins right now. Such a tragedy. Fernandez was an amazing pitcher. Absolutely one of the premier talents in the game. Just shocking that he is gone.
We need to find a video of their pregame stuff. I have heard it was really cool.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Props to the Mets. Some of the Marlins players and some guys who cover baseball said they were extremely empathetic towards the Marlins guys last night. I'm sure a lot of them felt awful too as they are division rivals and get to know those guys pretty damn well. Nice to see them showing genuine support and paying their respects.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
For those that didn't get to watch the Marlins game, here is the pregame and postgame stuff. Pretty damn heartfelt and quite touching...

http://m.mlb.com/video/v1189155783

Cotton

Staff member

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
The Twins lost their 101st game and clinched the first overall draft pick. Congrats? :shrug

D

Deuce

Tim Tebow hits a HR against his first pitch faced today in his first game.

Pretty much, BOOM!

dallen

Senior Tech

dammit

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Choo is expected back this weekend and the question was who sits in an outfield of Desmond, Choo, Gomez, and Mazara. Pretty sure after last night the answer is not to sit Gomez. This guy has been very good since he came to Texas and is on a tear right now. I'm just scared that the Rangers will think he will fix CF next year and let Desmond walk without trying.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So much for being the hottest team in baseball going into the playoffs.

Still, it is nice to wrap up the division, it just would've been nice to do it with an actual win in Yankee stadium.

Knowing the Red Sox were celebrating in the Yankee Stadium locker room coupled with Notre Dame falling to 1-3 in the same week has to make for a really crappy sports week for [MENTION=106]Tony D[/MENTION]

:art

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
So much for being the hottest team in baseball going into the playoffs.

Still, it is nice to wrap up the division, it just would've been nice to do it with an actual win in Yankee stadium.

Knowing the Red Sox were celebrating in the Yankee Stadium locker room coupled with Notre Dame falling to 1-3 in the same week has to make for a really crappy sports week for [MENTION=106]Tony D[/MENTION]

:art
2nd seed gets the better first round matchup with Cleveland missing 2 starting pitchers.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom