Gosselin: Tony Romo's health is holding the Dallas Cowboys hostage

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

D

Deuce

Why is this even a question? Just make him IR- DTR and let him get healthy for week 8....just good enough to maybe last a week or 2 til his eventual career ender.

Cotton

Staff member
Todd Archer ESPN Staff Writer

How much time will Tony Romo miss with a compression fracture in his back? Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones to 105.3 The Fan in Dallas: "I don't know and don't know that anybody does," Jones said. "But it's quite a range there, four to six, six to eight, eight to (10)." Yet coach Jason Garrett has yet to even rule Romo out of the season opener against the New York Giants.

Cotton

Staff member
Why is this even a question? Just make him IR- DTR and let him get healthy for week 8....just good enough to maybe last a week or 2 til his eventual career ender.
Because like, what if he can come back before 8 weeks and stuff? He's a warrior, after all.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Todd Archer ESPN Staff Writer

How much time will Tony Romo miss with a compression fracture in his back? Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones to 105.3 The Fan in Dallas: "I don't know and don't know that anybody does," Jones said. "But it's quite a range there, four to six, six to eight, eight to (10)." Yet coach Jason Garrett has yet to even rule Romo out of the season opener against the New York Giants.
Good job Garrett, keep 'em guessing. :lol

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
does he miss the Green Bay game if he goes on short-term IR?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Given the results we've gotten over the years I'd say booze is very justified in doing so.
In general. He takes it to the extreme. Nodak is right. Booze makes definitive statements that clearly aren't always true.

Like "laziest scouting department in the league" even after we come up with some decent free agent finds. Really? Worst in the league? Really? How are we quantifying that? How about just "not good enough so far?"

Its just hyperbole.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I honestly believe he's going to try to come back too soon because he's fearful of permanently losing his job. And of course Jerry will help facilitate his premature return.

I'm right there with you, I think once he returns we'll get maybe 3 games out of him before he's hurt again.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
This snippet from the ESPN feature story on Jerry from a couple years ago tells you why:

"Jones drapes his left arm on Romo's right shoulder. "This guy could handle any damn thing -- this is your fighter pilot. This is your fighter pilot. This is the guy you want goin' in, droppin' and winkin' at 'em, and comin' out, and drinkin' beer. This is him. So he could handle it. It wasn't a question of not handlin' it." The analogy, such as it is, puts a smile on Romo's face. He takes a long pull on his Miller Lite bottle."
--------------------------------------------------
I just don't think Jerry realizes that Romo is no longer Maverick or Iceman but actually much closer to Goose after the impact of the failed ejection killed him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I honestly believe he's going to try to come back too soon because he's fearful of permanently losing his job. And of course Jerry will help facilitate his premature return.

I'm right there with you, I think once he returns we'll get maybe 3 games out of him before he's hurt again.
If that happens then it will be a definitive event. That's a good thing because by then even Jones will accept the obvious. The other scenario is that if Romo comes back and finishes the season well he will be on the roster next season.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This snippet from the ESPN feature story on Jerry from a couple years ago tells you why:

"Jones drapes his left arm on Romo's right shoulder. "This guy could handle any damn thing -- this is your fighter pilot. This is your fighter pilot. This is the guy you want goin' in, droppin' and winkin' at 'em, and comin' out, and drinkin' beer. This is him. So he could handle it. It wasn't a question of not handlin' it." The analogy, such as it is, puts a smile on Romo's face. He takes a long pull on his Miller Lite bottle."
I just don't think Jerry realizes that Romo is no longer Maverick or Iceman but actually much closer to Goose after the impact of the failed ejection killed him.
I think Jerry says one thing while he knows reality is something different. It's either that or Jerry has really been cut out of the decision making process and is really just pretending in front of the media. That's why Jerry says Romo has 4 or 5 years left to the public but then we turn around and try to draft a guy in the first round to replace him. It's why he tells everyone everything is ok with Romo when in reality he has a broken back.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I think Jerry says one thing while he knows reality is something different. It's either that or Jerry has really been cut out of the decision making process and is really just pretending in front of the media. That's why Jerry says Romo has 4 or 5 years left to the public but then we turn around and try to draft a guy in the first round to replace him. It's why he tells everyone everything is ok with Romo when in reality he has a broken back.
Probably so. He knows the end is near, I'm just not sure that he knows it might be here right now.

D

Deuce

I think he's closer to Pete "Dead Meat" Thompson from Hot Shots! Constantly getting hurt in the weirdest ways and it will eventually kill him.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Weekend at Bernie's. Propping up a dead Romo for a couple of years.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Call me crazy, but I think 3 games is pretty liberal. I think a full game is my max, he will get nailed unless he goes fetal at the first hint of pressure. That's what we're gonna see I believe.

Top Bottom