2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Just saw a video on Fox News where some thugs beat a man senseless for voting for Trump. This madness has to be stopped and it will probably require violence.
Was it the one where they dragged him with a car? That was bad.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Manufacturing though I think is a massively flawed premise. I'm sure people want to return to the age when we manufacture things here and Dad goes to work at the factory all day making good money. Those days are gone. If businesses can manufacture overseas, they will. If not, they'll just automate factories and the people working there will largely be college educated tech workers anyway. We're not going to make T-shirts, plastic widgets or shoes in this country anymore. Even things like iPhones don't really make sense to manufacture here. So Trump's plan is to limit the economic advantages of manufacturing overseas to what end? Either you end up producing massively overpriced goods domestically (since the average American factory worker isn't going to work for the price a Chinese one would) that you can't sell here and can't export because of the price or you invest to completely automate manufacturing and job creation is limited to a sector that doesn't support the large base that turned out to vote for him.
And this is sort of the problem with "protectionism." You end with prices on everything you buy rising and it's actually very inefficient. The best thing to do is produce what America is best at producing and trade with countries that can produce other things cheaper. It's why your example of oil is spot on. If we can buy it from somewhere else cheaper then you do so. No reason to burn our own resources for no reason.

Now the one country that I believe is a problem is China. We have heard about their currency manipulation for years. When they do underhanded things to get an advantage over American manufacturers then I think you have a problem.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Was it the one where they dragged him with a car? That was bad.
Holy shit, I didn't hear about that one. The one I saw they just beat him up.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I haven't heard the media mention this amongst all the fearmongerring, but even though Hillary lost, you can still tell your daughter she can be President. Hillary did win the popular vote.
Yeah, but tell her to stay the fuck off of emails.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
These protests are disgusting, and getting more violent by the hour. And they will accomplish NOTHING. Do they expect Trump just to say OK and decline the office of President? Hell, I'd bet that most of these people have no idea what they are actually protesting. Just another reason to act like an animal and wreck shit.

Hillary Clinton and Barrack Obama together should hold a press conference and denounce the protests. Tell these people to stop.

Cotton

Staff member
Hillary Clinton and Barrack Obama together should hold a press conference and denounce the protests. Tell these people to stop.
Hell, they are probably sitting there with a smug ass look on their faces. "See, the people are letting their voices be heard."

Jiggyfly

Banned
Interesting fact from Michigan.

Trump won by 11,000 votes.

There were 90,000 votes cast with no vote for either president, it was left blank.

This was not a Republican mandate or a rejection of Democrats, a lot of people just thought both candidates sucked.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Interesting fact from Michigan.

Trump won by 11,000 votes.

There were 90,000 votes cast with no vote for either president, it was left blank.

This was not a Republican mandate or a rejection of Democrats, a lot of people just thought both candidates sucked.
Then can someone tell the anarchists to start beating up each other?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol:lol:lol

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Then can someone tell the anarchists to start beating up each other?
:lol

No shit.

Hell, Harambe got something like 20k votes for president. I saw college age people on facebook laughing how they were going to vote for a dead ape. They're not laughing now.

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

Cotton

Staff member
https://www.facebook.com/dionnealexander/videos/10208149246141363/

@<a href="http://www.dallascowboyscentral.com/member.php?u=21" target="_blank">Iamtdg</a>, is there any way to post videos from facebook here? Or just the link. This guy makes a lot of sense. But I'm sure we'll be told that I'm trotting out this black person as the defining voice on the subject and that somebody should tell him that Hillary won the popular vote. :lol
Yeah, you can use http://en.savefrom.net/ to download the video in any format you would like. Then you can upload the video to youtube and post it using the video button. Kind of a pain in the ass, but doable.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yes, they do.

Trump also needs to do the same thing in regards to the hate groups going out and doing the things they're doing, like the KKK marching in NC, for example.

If they are all truly for a united America and it's not just political spew now that the election is over, then they all need to come together and denounce all of this madness that is occurring.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I agree, but there's a reason people have trusted them. They've always been pretty accurate. But the lesson to be learned is to spread out who they are actually polling for their info.

Not that I want to participate all that often, but nobody has ever asked people a poll about government. I have no idea where they get their responses from.
I don't know that popularity opinions have always been accurate. How would you even measure or check against that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom