2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
No I stated he took donations, you said he didn't. That his campaign was self funded, it is not.

https://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/contrib.php?&id=N00023864
Additionally most of the money spent on his campaign has come from loans from his other holdings. I think the figures are that he has spent approximately 35. Million and 27. Million was from his loans to himself. The other 7.5 Million was from individual donars disclosed without the super pac or lobbyist being a part.

townsend

Banned
Because no one likes losing. Especially losing their third election in a row. I know you want them to roll over and die but I think you're severely underestimating Trump. It's that type of hubris that has allowed Trump to get this far already.

And you can count me as someone who wants absolutely nothing to do with Hilary or Trump as president. I'm beyond sick of our fraud two party system.
I'm sick of the two party as well. Personally I hope we may see the emergence of a new party by the end of the Clinton presidency.

I think that exasperation, that tendency for many groups to just stay home on election day, will probably drain Republican representation.

Also there's no winning for the GOP in this situation. I don't see the old guard Republicans believing a Trump victory is any less of a loss. Who's more on their team, a blustery Washington outsider, or a darling of the Military brass who cast a vote to put us into Iraq? Republicans didn't back Goldwater ( I'm not comparing his ideology, since Goldwater was a good guy, just bringing up what happens when an anti establishment candidate wins the primary)

2233boys

Not So New Member
Additionally most of the money spent on his campaign has come from loans from his other holdings. I think the figures are that he has spent approximately 35. Million and 27. Million was from his loans to himself. The other 7.5 Million was from individual donars disclosed without the super pac or lobbyist being a part.
He takes donations like I said, and you denied. Glad you came to your senses.

townsend

Banned
An all female ticket would be a poor choice if you ask me. It's so far away from the norm I think they would alienate voters.
But it might be brilliant. Trump's worst flaw has been his transparent misogyny, I can't imagine him not poisoning his own campaign when he goes against an all female ticket. This would also give the campaign a little more of a "historic" feeling that helped rocket Obama to his landslide victory.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It absolutely does unless you are completely blind.

Her and Trump's unfavorable ratings are terrible, they are both bad candidates. One will be able to pull Independents, and the other one is Hillary.
Blind to what the fact that the number of people actually voting to are the majority of democrats?

One will have the majority of the minority and women vote the other is Hillary.

Why would most independents vote for Trump instead of Hillary,

Most Independents are from here demographic drawing area.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
:rofl

Ted Cruz picks Carly Fiorina as running mate.

What a fucking sad desperation maneuver to try to regain some momentum after getting sand kicked in his cunt face yesterday.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I have already mentioned this and the donations he doesn't take are from lobbyist, etc because he doesn't want to be obligated to anyone. You can't use this approach to refute that.
So when he starts taking money from the RNC during the general election what then?

That will be money from lobbyist and big donors.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Trump Gets $1 Million TV Boost From Super PAC

A super PAC supporting celebrity billionaire Donald Trump has made its first television buy, spending $1 million on a spot encouraging the Republican Party to unify behind him, even as establishment figures in the GOP make last-ditch attempts to derail his march to the GOP nomination.
One of Trump's favorite selling points on the campaign trail is that he's self-funding his presidential run, and that his refusal of outside money spent on his behalf means he's not beholden to special interests, unlike his competitors.
But the activities of an independent super PAC – which, sanctioned or no, is prohibited from coordinating activities with a candidate's campaign – threaten to undermine Trump's declaration of independence.
Last month, Trump's camp hinted that it may abandon its anti-super PAC posture as the campaign moves into the general election, which is expected to cost more than $1 billion on each side.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Donald Trump Might Not Keep Paying for His Campaign Himself, Chris Christie Suggests

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/02/26/donald-trump-might-not-keep-paying-for-his-campaign-himself-chris-christie-suggests/?_r=0

Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey told his finance team late Friday that he anticipates that Donald J. Trump, who often boasts that he is funding his own campaign, will begin to solicit campaign contributions as the race heads into a general election if Mr. Trump becomes the nominee.

In a conference call hours after Mr. Christie endorsed Mr. Trump, his onetime rival, the governor was asked about what could be done to help Mr. Trump, who says he is a billionaire many times over.

Mr. Christie replied that Mr. Trump, who has won three of the four first nominating contests, is currently self-funding.

But, he added, “I sense that once we get to a general election campaign, that his posture may become different” given the scope and demands of a national campaign, and “how well-funded Hillary Clinton will be on the other side.”

A Times reporter was allowed to listen in on the call by one of the participants.

It was the first time there has been any indication that Mr. Trump might look to raise money in earnest. As of Jan. 31, he had lent his campaign $17 million, federal election reports showed. He has also raised several million dollars, primarily from smaller contributors. Most of his money has gone toward television ads.

But Mr. Trump has said that he is mindful of his costs, and he has repeatedly talked about not wanting to spend money on a pollster or on advertising if he does not have to.

A spokeswoman for Mr. Trump did not respond to an email seeking comment.

Mr. Trump has used “self-funding” as a selling point to voters at his rallies. The claim is only partly true, as money he has raised from donors represents about a third of all the money his campaign has brought in over seven months. The rest is money he lent to his campaign.

That has prompted a number of major donors, who backed other candidates and are now uncertain of what to do, wondering in private conversations about whether Mr. Trump will ultimately seek to secure their support down the road.

But doing so would undercut Mr. Trump’s claim of independence from the party’s major figures, and potentially fuel lingering questions about how much money he has to spend personally.

Yet the Trump campaign is said to be aware of potential pots of money that may be available eventually. According to people briefed on the exchanges, Trump campaign officials have appeared intrigued by how much money would be available to the nominee, and when, through the Republican National Committee should he become the nominee. A spokesman for the party committee did not immediately respond to an email.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:rofl

Ted Cruz picks Carly Fiorina as running mate.

What a fucking sad desperation maneuver to try to regain some momentum after getting sand kicked in his cunt face yesterday.
Rare you see a guy getting his ass kicked announce a running mate.

townsend

Banned
More like Cruz dumpster fire. We all know your disdain for the GOP and love for the Democratic party. No need to be obnoxious about it.
I have disdain for the GOP and mild tolerance for the democrat party, as an alternative to an evil cancer of an organization.

But no everything's cool in the GOP, a con man is the presidential front runner, and his creepy dildo hating rival just announced a failed CEO as his running mate in a race he won't be a part of, just for a chance to break into the news cycle for a day.

I think Dumpster fires a little generous, because all the good stuff has already burned off, it's smoldering dumpster ash at this point.

Last edited:

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I've been reading up on the democrat convention of '24. I will be amused if we can get the Republican primary to 103 ballots like that one.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have disdain for the GOP and mild tolerance for the democrat party, as an alternative to an evil cancer of an organization.

But no everything's cool in the GOP, a con man is the presidential front runner, and his creepy dildo hating rival just announced a failed CEO as his running mate in a race he won't be a part of, just for a so he can break into the news cycle for a day.

I think Dumpster fires a little generous, because all the good stuff has already burned off, it's smoldering dumpster ash at this point.
Can't all be super superior like some. Some of us common folk just has to do with what's put in front of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom