Draft Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The problem with the Elliot thing is that we clearly aren't willing to pay RBs or we would have signed Lamar Miller who got a very reasonable deal and has no mileage on him.

So I just don't know if we'll even pony up to try to resign Elliot. Is that what you want to already assume is going to happen with your fourth overall pick?
Run the wheels off him for 5 years and hope you get a championship or two out of it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Maybe, but that's also Jerry thinking to a T. Slow building for the long term is wiser.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The problem with the Elliot thing is that we clearly aren't willing to pay RBs or we would have signed Lamar Miller who got a very reasonable deal and has no mileage on him.

So I just don't know if we'll even pony up to try to resign Elliot. Is that what you want to already assume is going to happen with your fourth overall pick?
Big deal here is that Lamar Miller is not as good of a player as Elliott. Never will be.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Run the wheels off him for 5 years and hope you get a championship or two out of it.
And since we are poosays and won't do the right thing and draft Romo's replacement, that is the landscape.

I prefer they take the player than can hopefully contribute to that goal, which I guess is Romo riding off into the sunset like Elway did.

Then if that is the idea, don't fuck around and do what needs to be done.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Even his rookie contract will be basically 5 mil a year. If we aren't willing to spend that on a free agent RB, not sure why we would want to in the draft either.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I highly doubt we sign Morris if we had any interest at him at four.
I really doubt he is our guy. I think Jerry and coaches are probably drooling over adding another DB like Ramsey, or a DL.

But after looking extensively at our options at 4, if we don't go QB I think the best NFL prospect is Elliot. That said I expect a defensive player at 4, a RB in the 2nd or 3rd with a wasted pick on a QB with our other day two pick.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really doubt he is our guy. I think Jerry and coaches are probably drooling over adding another DB like Ramsey, or a DL.

But after looking extensively at our options at 4, if we don't go QB I think the best NFL prospect is Elliot. That said I expect a defensive player at 4, a RB in the 2nd or 3rd with a wasted pick on a QB with our other day two pick.
Take a QB or just trade down. It's what I have wanted the entire time and still do. Bosa is my top non-QB at 4 but I'd rather just trade down if we can't get our QB at 4.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Take a QB or just trade down. It's what I have wanted the entire time and still do. Bosa is my top non-QB at 4 but I'd rather just trade down if we can't get our QB at 4.
This is my preference too. QB or trade down. If no trade then I was leaning towards Bosa, but recently switched to preferring Elliot. But I don't think we'll take Elliot so if it's staying at 4 and a defensive player I'd take Bosa over Ramsey or Buckner.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is my preference too. QB or trade down. If no trade then I was leaning towards Bosa, but recently switched to preferring Elliot. But I don't think we'll take Elliot so if it's staying at 4 and a defensive player I'd take Bosa over Ramsey or Buckner.
If I can't draft a QB at 4 and I can't trade back I'd want our draft to look something like Bosa, Karl Joseph and Paul Perkins. Now that is a draft that could help this defense turn the corner and still provide some real juice on offense.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:budd

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

:budd
Sounds like the news we've been expecting.

Just hope it doesn't cost us Ramsey at 4.

Surely they can snag Dak in the 2nd.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Sounds like the news we've been expecting.

Just hope it doesn't cost us Ramsey at 4.

Surely they can snag Dak in the 2nd.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Jerry must be having QC euphoria again. He really needs to get back on his meds.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Cleveland is shopping #2 and Philly likes Wentz.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom