Watkins: The last month is about Monte Kiffin, too

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
What has given you an indication the Cowboys staff is interested in Johnny Football?
Jerry. Who cares if the staff is interested? If Jerry is interested, that's what matters.

But I don't think Manziel will fall far enough for us to get him. Jerry might trade up to get him, but I don't think he'll go to the top of the draft to do it. I think we'll be drafting around 20 or so. If he falls to around 15, I could see Jerry putting something together. But I don't think he'll fall that far.

Now, if he hadn't given that contract extension to Romo, he might have went higher. But the cost of going up coupled with what he just gave Romo will keep him out of it. Jerry is a business man, afterall. And that is just too much scratch.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I can see Jerruh holding on to the status quo witht the defensive heiarchy becuase of the sucess of turnovers and how those turnovers directly led to scores impacting the outcome of games in our favor, and expects more of the same next year plus a more stingy defense when everyone returns healthy.
I'd give the defense another shot, absolutely. They haven't given up a ton of scoring except for 2 or 3 games and they've gotten turnovers and a handful of scores. Get everyone healthy, patch some holes, and it's fine.

Then again, I'd fire the entire coaching staff and let the new HC hire the assistants if it were me.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
The Cowboys won't draft Manziel. They pass on him, and we'll have to hear for years how Jerry "wishes he had pulled the trigger" and he goes on the draft whatever Manziel clone is available after they ride Romo into the ground.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The big drawback with Manziel is that he would definitely be a "celebrity" QB.

Top Bottom