If we're looking for a safety to pick up off the street, who is out there?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
This is my desperate attempt to start a thread about football because the politics threads depress me and I'm too bored to leave them alone.

I made a statement in the Marinelli thread that the Cowboys front office will be looking for a safety to come in off the street, probably before the end of training camp when Matt Johnson is released with an injury settlement and the prospect of Jeff Heath as our only backup becomes appropriately terrifying.

There's not much out there:

Kerry Rhodes is still saying he wants to play, if the team isn't afraid of :gay they could give him a workout.

Michael Huff is still unsigned. He worked out with Dallas back in November.

Nick Collins wants a chance to come back from a serious neck injury.

Jim Leonhard is a JAG, but at least he's that. He may be a backup quality safety still.

Would any of these guys be worth a shot or would it be better to wait for the waiver wire after the final preseason game?

Is there anyone out there that you'd offer a late round conditional pick for right now? (that you think would be available for that price)

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I'd be surprised if we signed or traded for anyone, I think who we have on the roster will be who we run with through most if not all of TC. I wouldn't be surprised if we brought new blood in if there's someone available that tickles the Arkansas Idiot's fancy after the cuts begin.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'd be surprised if we signed or traded for anyone, I think who we have on the roster will be who we run with through most if not all of TC. I wouldn't be surprised if we brought new blood in if there's someone available that tickles the Arkansas Idiot's fancy after the cuts begin.
We'll probably do something when Johnson is predictably seriously injured. When that happens is a variable.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We like where we are at safety.-Jerry Jones

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
We like where we are at safety.-Jerry Jones
Yeah, but they actually, somehow, think this is the year Johnson will prove everyone with a functional brain wrong and be healthy. The funny thing about that is, if he was 100% healthy, I really doubt he would be any good.

cmd34

Brand New Member
Ed Reed?

Nick Collins hasn't played since the 2011 season. is he seriously trying to come back?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Tanard Jackson.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Ed Reed?

Nick Collins hasn't played since the 2011 season. is he seriously trying to come back?
Yeah, there were articles written about him getting cleared and wanting to come back earlier this year.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So do it.

Why talk about it? Just haul off and f'n crush something/someone.
Do you recommend Jon88 as a good candidate?

Top Bottom