U.S. Sent Cash to Iran as Americans Were Freed

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Google is your friend.

The Swiss joined the U.N. international sanctions.
It is their choice to do. They also have a choice to accommodate with mutual consent. Did you not read the part that the Swiss adopted their own sanction? The are free to do what they please. They were not forbidden because the US does not have the authority to do so. The make their own rules.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Seems like we wouldn't want to work with banks that don't recognize sanctions. That seems like it undermines the purpose of sanctions in the first place.
It is a US sanction. The Swiss could care less about it. The have the option to recognize it or ignore it. The sanction adherence by other countries is a matter of agreement not law. It is voluntary.

Jiggyfly

Banned
It is a US sanction. The Swiss could care less about it. The have the option to recognize it or ignore it. The sanction adherence by other countries is a matter of agreement not law. It is voluntary.
Right and they chose to recognize it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Evidently not.:lol

I see once again you are going to ignore the actual facts.

Sorry. not playing that game with you anymore.
What is it you disagree with? You don't think the Swiss bank could have waived their own sanction to accommodate a banking transaction? Why do you think they are compelled to adhere to a US imposed sanction against another country? Google is not the answer to everything but when you do use it at least read it within the context of what it says not what you want it to say.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Right and they chose to recognize it.
My point was they didn't have to do so and could have transacted the business without the US doing the clandestine plane maneuver. Surely even you can see that.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Evidently not.:lol

I see once again you are going to ignore the actual facts.

Sorry. not playing that game with you anymore.
The actual facts are contained with the article you linked. They chose to adhere to the US wishes but could have accommodated the transaction if the US had requested it be done otherwise. You are acting like the only way this transaction could have happened is for a plane and cash to be involved. The reason it was done this way is because it was choreographed by the US officials to be done in this manner. The Swiss bank would have done it however they were requested.

Top Bottom