NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't think Wade is a "Superteam star" anymore.
He isn't, but he is still a player who is still capable of playing at a high level and can determine the outcome of games when he's at his best. The issue now is that he isn't always at his best due to age and injuries.

He would make Cleveland better and he would give them an excellent chance to beat GS. I still think GS would be the team to beat, though.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
How about them Rockets?!?!?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't remember a bunch of fags whining and crying when Payton and Malone joined Kobe and Shaq...same with Olajuwan, Barkley, Drexler, and Pippen when Drexler retired.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I don't remember a bunch of fags whining and crying when Payton and Malone joined Kobe and Shaq...same with Olajuwan, Barkley, Drexler, and Pippen when Drexler retired.
Big difference between a 28 year old in his prime who has another top 10 player in his prime as a teammate leaving his team to join their arch rival that just beat them in 7 and a bunch of over the hill guys in their mid-30's joining up for a year or two.

This is tantamount to Jordan leaving Pippen in 1989 to join the Pistons because he doesn't want to keep competing against them.

And are you calling me a fag?

If so it really demonstrates how much of a fucking true idiot you really are.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I have no issue with Durant.

But those are nowhere near the same as what Durant is doing.

Payton and Malone were relics at the time they went to the Lakers.

Drexler and Olajuwon were on their last legs as well.

And none of those guys left a team that was arguably as good as the team they are going to.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Probably because all those guys were at the back end of their careers. Are you seriously trying to compare 35+ year old, past their prime stars jumping ship to what KD did? Durant is in his prime. That's a huge difference.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Olajuwan, Barkley, and Drexler were outstanding...Hakeem averaged 23, Barkley 19/12, and Drexler with 18 and 6 assists. Far from being on their last legs.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Probably because all those guys were at the back end of their careers. Are you seriously trying to compare 35+ year old, past their prime stars jumping ship to what KD did? Durant is in his prime. That's a huge difference.
There are similarities...the Rockets were excellent for a couple years with those guys.

Apparently the only acceptable landing spot for Durant was OKC. I can already hear Durant getting blasted for signing with his hometown Wizards...OMG, he went to the lesser conference! He sucks!

Jiggyfly

Banned
Olajuwan, Barkley, and Drexler were outstanding...Hakeem averaged 23, Barkley 19/12, and Drexler with 18 and 6 assists. Far from being on their last legs.
Olajuwon and Drexler were both retired 2 years later.

They certainly were not in their prime like the guys on G.S. and Pippen was leaving a lesser team.

Jiggyfly

Banned
There are similarities...the Rockets were excellent for a couple years with those guys.

Apparently the only acceptable landing spot for Durant was OKC. I can already hear Durant getting blasted for signing with his hometown Wizards...OMG, he went to the lesser conference! He sucks!
Rockets were not excellent, they lost in the 1st round and Pippen was there 1 year.

They finished 4th in the midwest the year before with 41-41 record.

Like I said not the same.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Rockets were not excellent, they lost in the 1st round and Pippen was there 1 year.

They finished 4th in the midwest the year before with 41-41 record.

Like I said not the same.
They won 57 games the first year, started 21-2, lost to the Jazz in the conference finals.

Like I said...they were excellent.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Big difference between a 28 year old in his prime who has another top 10 player in his prime as a teammate leaving his team to join their arch rival that just beat them in 7 and a bunch of over the hill guys in their mid-30's joining up for a year or two.

This is tantamount to Jordan leaving Pippen in 1989 to join the Pistons because he doesn't want to keep competing against them.

And are you calling me a fag?

If so it really demonstrates how much of a fucking true idiot you really are.
So somehow his dignity is in question because he signed with the Warriors. They have a great front office, a coach players want to play for, a young outstanding nucleus, and a great fan base.

I'm sure he regrets the Tweet about Lebron, much like Lebron regretted saying the amount of titles he was going to win in Miami. When you are young you say some things you regret, I'm sure that is the case. If this is the reason you are questioning his dignity, then enjoy your hate and misery. It's really dumb though. I applauded Durant when he went after Cuban for saying Westbrook was not really a franchise player. Sticking up for his guy was great, even though he lacked dignity.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

I can't speak for other Thunder fans but my issue is not that he decided to leave. My only issue is he took the cowardly way out and signed with a team that's considered his primary rival.

There are different rules for superstars. Everybody knows this. That's why he's largely being killed.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I can't speak for other Thunder fans but my issue is not that he decided to leave. My only issue is he took the cowardly way out and signed with a team that's considered his primary rival.

There are different rules for superstars. Everybody knows this. That's why he's largely being killed.
Well, the Thunder did nothing to help. They fired Brooks, in large part, because the offense was too stagnant and relied greatly on isolation. Things did not change much with Donovan...minor tweaks, but still far too much isolation.

If I am the Lakers I call and offer Russell and Ingram for Westbrook. That would be interesting. OKC could try and get Gay from the Kings...at least that would be a legit SF to replace Durant.

Jiggyfly

Banned
They won 57 games the first year, started 21-2, lost to the Jazz in the conference finals.

Like I said...they were excellent.
What?

They were 31-19 and lost to the Lakers in the 1st round.

I have been following the Rockets since Moses Malone, I watched them that year.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/1999.html

Like I said you are and continue to be wrong, they were 41-41 the year before nothing like what Durant is going into with G.S.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Well, the Thunder did nothing to help. They fired Brooks, in large part, because the offense was too stagnant and relied greatly on isolation. Things did not change much with Donovan...minor tweaks, but still far too much isolation.

If I am the Lakers I call and offer Russell and Ingram for Westbrook. That would be interesting. OKC could try and get Gay from the Kings...at least that would be a legit SF to replace Durant.
Legit?

You are the only person still overrating Gay, Sac would love to dump that contract on somebody.

Jiggyfly

Banned
And for the record I see nothing wrong with anybody trying to better their work situation and living conditions.

Barkley did it, Kareem did it and I bet if older players had it do all over again with these conditions they would.

Carp

DCC 4Life
What?

They were 31-19 and lost to the Lakers in the 1st round.

I have been following the Rockets since Moses Malone, I watched them that year.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/1999.html

Like I said you are and continue to be wrong, they were 41-41 the year before nothing like what Durant is going into with G.S.
What are you confused about? The 1996/7 team...their first year together...is what I was referencing.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Legit?

You are the only person still overrating Gay, Sac would love to dump that contract on somebody.
He is a legit starting SF. His contract is 2 years 27 mil...which is cheap considering current contracts.

Top Bottom