MLB Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What a disgrace to the game of baseball had he completed it. I probably wouldn't have watched another game all season.
He owned the A's today. But that's not unusual in their park.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
What a disgrace to the game of baseball had he completed it. I probably wouldn't have watched another game all season.
:lol

Cotton

Staff member
Since moving Ole Suckass to second in the rotation behind Hamels, the Rangers are 7-1 in their starts and the two have combined for a 1.72 ERA.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
The second place team in the NL Central is currently the Cardinals, who begin the day 10.5 games back of the Cubs.

Cubs--->:flairfigurefour<---The rest of the NL Central

Carp

DCC 4Life
Farewell David Wright...now go get me that Cuban dude Alderson. I know the Cubs have been anointed, but I take my chances with our rotation...even with the hilarious colorful suits they are wearing in promos. Gay.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Farewell David Wright...now go get me that Cuban dude Alderson. I know the Cubs have been anointed, but I take my chances with our rotation...even with the hilarious colorful suits they are wearing in promos. Gay.
Wright was a hell of a ball player for several years. I think anyone anointing the Cubs is crazy though. They are really, really good but the NL has some excellent teams. You can bet your ass any reasonable Cubs fan hasn't forgotten that they were dominated by the NYM in the NLCS last year or is dismissing them as a threat this year. That rotation is the truth. My hope is that they have to settle for a Wild Card & lose the play in game. No one is going to want to face that team in a 7 game series. I do think the Cubs are better equipped to match up with them this year, but I hope they don't have to.

Nats are good too if they don't bitch out again. Good lineup & roll Scherzer & Strasburg out to the hill. And that Harper guy can hit a little bit. SF is tough and has big time starters in MadBum & Cueto. StL doesn't worry me but if they get into a WC you never know. Pittsburgh looks bad right now & the Cubs own them, but if Cole comes back fine & Taillon & Glasnow (when they bring him up) break into the league kicking ass they can be dangerous. So much talent in that OF. They will be fighting for Wild Card scraps though and re going to have to go on a run sometime if they want to keep pace. LAD have Kershaw and one of these days he is going to have one of those epic postseason runs. I don't worry much about them though.

NL is a tough road though. October baseball is volatile.

Last edited:

Rev

Staff member
Its an even year so that means we should all be wary of San Francisco.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Its an even year so that means we should all be wary of San Francisco.
I've already conceded the World Series to them. The Cubs are just a nice side story.

As an aside, 4 straight wind for the Braves with a chance to sweep the Mets today.....in New York. #ChopOn

Cotton

Staff member

Rev

Staff member
:towel

Im happy with Dyson but I really think he has more of your typical closer type stuff.

Cotton

Staff member
:towel

Im happy with Dyson but I really think he has more of your typical closer type stuff.
It's a good problem to have.

Cotton

Staff member

:tippytoe

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:tippytoe

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Braves complete the sweep.....time to read the recap.

I was able to catch a few innings of last night's game. Some of the younger guys are slowly starting to get it. Hopefully they'll call up Dansby Swanson after the All Star break.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Cubs swept the Pirates and moved to 8-1 against them this season. 5 Cubs hit HRs and all 5 are 26 years old or younger. One of those guys was recently called up top catching prospect in baseball Willson Contreras, who as a pinch hitter hit the first pitch he ever saw in MLB over the wall in dead center field.
:mj

Last edited:

Rev

Staff member
It's fun when that happens to your prized prospect. Happened to Profar as well on his debut. Well not sure it was the first pitch but it was the first at bat.

Cotton

Staff member
One of those guys was recently called up top catching prospect in baseball Willson Contreras, who as a pinch hitter hit the first pitch he ever saw in MLB over the wall in dead center field.
:mj
Nice.

Cotton

Staff member
It's fun when that happens to your prized prospect. Happened to Profar as well on his debut. Well not sure it was the first pitch but it was the first at bat.
Same with Gallo, no?

Top Bottom