Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I just watched the video of their phone call to him. Jesus, Stephen sounds identical to his deddy. Talk about a buzzkill.
Don't ya love when they pass Stephen Jones the phone and he's the fourth person to talk to Martin, and he has absolutely nothing to add?

And Martin calls him "Coach" because he thought he was getting passed to Callahan. :lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
For today (at least until the draft kicks on again) I love Jerry Jones.

Man, that was not easy to say.

D

Deuce

Don't ya love when they pass Stephen Jones the phone and he's the fourth person to talk to Martin, and he has absolutely nothing to add?

And Martin calls him "Coach" because he thought he was getting passed to Callahan. :lol
Ya, "hey Coach!"

"Uhh, it's actually Stephen Jones...~lip smack~"

Newt

DCC 4Life
We all give Jerry Jones a hard time on this board, and I'm sure we will have reason to do so again after the next two days, but for the Cowboys to not reach out and grab the bright shiny object that was dangled right in front of them is remarkable. I wouldn't have hated the Manziel pick, but I think Martin was the correct choice. Smith, Fred, and Martin are a great start to what could be a dominant offensive line. If Leary can play at a decent level and we get last years Doug Free back this year the o-line will be a very strong part of the team. We have to run the football. A lot.

D

Deuce

Ratings for last night were up 48% from last year and outdrew the NBA playoff games.

Get used to this format in May. :cry

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
He was right there waiting for them, like one of those meet-cutes in a terrible romantic comedy. The Dallas Cowboys, the best bad team in sports, had a chance with the 16th pick in the NFL draft to take Johnny Manziel, the Texas A&M quarterback whose projected career path ranges from “multiple-season All-Pro” to “playing in Arena League in five years while dating Lindsay Lohan.” How did Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, who has such a hunger for entertaining disasters, let Manziel fall all the way to Cleveland six picks later? How did the ‘Boys — who finished 8-8 the last three seasons in a row, and have one playoff win since 1997 — end up taking a guard from Notre Dame over Johnny Freaking Football?

Surely they had good reasons …

1. 8-8 is such a beautiful record. Symmetrical. Double infinity. You know the Chinese consider 88 a lucky number, right? Can’t take a chance of screwing that up.

2. Printing all those tickets, hiring a national anthem singer, getting somebody to clean up the parking lot after — the playoffs are just way too much trouble.

3. TONY ROMO IS A WINNER. Puff out your chest when you say it. If you get enough air in your lungs, it almost feels true.

4. A quarterback under 6 feet who scrambles all the time can’t play in the NFL. (Is handed Russell Wilson’s stats.) WHY DIDN’T SOMEBODY TELL THEM ABOUT THAT GUY?

5. The cheerleaders got a bad vibe from him. The cheerleaders have final say in personnel decisions.

6. Quarterbacks. They take all your money and they break your heart. They’re done with ‘em.

7. As you know, sports fans in Texas really don’t care about winning and losing.

8. Jerry’s son-in-law called in the pick before Jerry could get to the phone. Revenge for that thing with the glasses.

9. Whenever they think about using our first pick on a QB, an old gypsy comes out of the mist and says: Quincy Carter. Quincy Carrrrrterrrrr …

10. Drafting an offensive lineman gives Romo the crucial time he needs to decide exactly where to throw a backbreaking interception.

11. Really worried that Manziel would steal all the J embroidered hand towels.

12. Texas A&M 58, Arkansas 10, Sept. 29, 2012. Did we mention that Jerry went to Arkansas?

13. Look, there’s room for only one star in the Dallas Cowboys organization … and it ain’t the star painted at the 50-yard line.

D

Deuce

Linehan - We got a bunch a nice, shiny objects for you to block for and protect.

WTF. Don't put him on the phone anymore. I'd rather see the Ginger Grandson talking to prospects than him.

Jerry - Hey Zach, I'm gonna put you on with our newest Exec.

Ginger kid - HODOOOOOOOOOR!

~Charlotte holds his drool cup~

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Is it safe to say the worst draft move of the night was Cleveland trading up for Gilbert?
Not if there isn't going to be a good qb class next year. They got the qb they wanted with the 5 th year option. It cost them a premium price but they got it done.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Linehan - We got a bunch a nice, shiny objects for you to block for and protect.

WTF. Don't put him on the phone anymore. I'd rather see the Ginger Grandson talking to prospects than him.

:lol

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

Cotton

Staff member
Oh no. I saw it and now it's official. You will surely hear more about this. Just one of the down sides of the demon rum.
I hate rum.

Cotton

Staff member

I'll take it. Not keen on trading up, but love the player.

Cotton

Staff member
[MENTION=3]boozeman[/MENTION]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom