NBA Chatter Thread

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I just don't like Harris and Gordon is just an energy guy to me. I like Young almost as much as Wiggins.
Young almost as much as Wiggins? I like Young and you never know, but at this point Young is nowhere near the defensive player Wiggins is. Young is a high ceiling, low floor guy to me. He could be real good or bust. Hinkie will have his choice of Young, Harris, Stauskas, etc. at 10. Like most of these 18, 19 year olds who are still developing physically and their games it comes down who is going to continually work on their game vs the kid who gets some cash and think they've arrived already.

The worst Gordon will be is a high energy guy, but he has a lot of time to develop his offensive game. He'll probably be gone by the time we pick anyhow.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm not so sure I wouldn't want PJ Hairston over Young.

I think Hairston is a better defender and can do everything else that Young can as well.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'm not so sure I wouldn't want PJ Hairston over Young.

I think Hairston is a better defender and can do everything else that Young can as well.
We all have our likes...that is way off IMO. Hairston is not the better player.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Westbrook has always bothered me, but Durant is acting like a bitch right now.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
BTW...that was a very bad technical that the refs called on Steven Adams last night.

CP2 pump fakes Adams into the air and Adams ends up landing on CP3.

Basically he got teed up for biting on a pump fake and landing.

It was a common play that happens in practically every game.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Some of the NBA guys are acting like they are trying out for the WWF.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
The WWF now stands only for the World Wildlife Fund.

Cryptic racism??

:unsure

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The WWF now stands only for the World Wildlife Fund.

Cryptic racism??

:unsure
Why happened to the World Wrestling Federation? I don't keep up with the exhibitions so I didn't know the initials changed.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
San Antonio is straight up shithousing Portland right now, to me Miami and the Spurs are differentiating themselves from the pack.

1bigfan13

Staff member
San Antonio is straight up shithousing Portland right now, to me Miami and the Spurs are differentiating themselves from the pack.
Spurs yes. Miami no.

Miami is getting a free pass to the Finals. The Bobcats weren't that good to begin and once Al Jefferson was injured in game 1 that ended any shot they had at winning a game or 2 in that series.

The Nets seem like they're tired and just run out of gas in the 2nd half.

So once Miami disposes of the Nets they'll probably get to beat up on a green Wizards team who will be overwhelmed by the situation.

I've never seen a team get an easier pass to the Finals than the Heat will have this year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Spurs yes. Miami no.

Miami is getting a free pass to the Finals. The Bobcats weren't that good to begin and once Al Jefferson was injured in game 1 that ended any shot they had at winning a game or 2 in that series.

So once Miami disposes of the Nets they'll probably get to beat up on a green Wizards team who will be overwhelmed by the situation.

I've never seen a team get an easier pass to the Finals than the Heat will have this year.
Yea, I mostly meant differentiating themselves in their respective conferences, although Miami is plenty differentiated by default.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Spurs yes. Miami no.

It's straight up embarassing for the NBA that the East can't put together a contender to challenge the Heat.

1bigfan13

Staff member
OKC looking good so far tonight. They got off to a lethargic start but have found their way.

The Clippers defense is pretty bad right now. Reggie Jackson and the Thunder guards are getting into the lane and finishing at the rim with ease.

Very surprising considering the athletes the Clips have on their front line.

1bigfan13

Staff member
OKC pulls out the win. I love how our front line has pretty much played the Clipper front line evenly. We've actually dominated them on the boards.

Westbrook has been playing under control since Game 6 of the Grizzlies series. That's 5 straight games of him sharing the ball and not forcing up a ton of shots. He only took 14 tonight and it still felt like he dominated.

If he's finally turned the corner and maintains this playing style I don't see anyone in the West beating them.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION] - what is your take on the idea that CP3 "D'd up" Durant despite being 6 inches shorter?

You buying that?

Top Bottom