2015 Wildcard Weekend Gameday Chatter | 1/9/2016

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:towel

Cotton

Staff member
Went onto Twitter, and read a little in this thread. Good god, what did Burfict do? He is being strung up.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Went onto Twitter, and read a little in this thread. Good god, what did Burfict do? He is being strung up.
He made a dumb hit when Antonio Brown was strung out over the middle. I don't think it was nearly as the announcers were making it out, like he was trying to kill him.

Twenty years ago, that's not nearly as much of a big deal.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Burfict was out of control all game, doing borderline shit and trying to incite negative reactions and fights, throw that on top of the fact that he's been a supposed cheap shot artist in games against the Steelers previously and this is what you get. Had this been any other Bengals LB I doubt it'd be getting the reaction it is, the hit was a bit dirty but it's being overexaggerated because of who did it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Burfict was out of control all game, doing borderline shit and trying to incite negative reactions and fights, throw that on top of the fact that he's been a supposed cheap shot artist in games against the Steelers previously and this is what you get. Had this been any other Bengals LB I doubt it'd be getting the reaction it is, the hit was a bit dirty but it's being overexaggerated because of who did it.
The Steelers were also baiting him. They felt he was responsible for ending Bell's season on what was a perfectly legal play, plus a hit on Roethlisberger. He didn't help things by shooting his mouth off all week. Both teams were out of control, and the officials did not take control and it snowballed into that mess at the end.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
No way is that a catch. That's juggling the ball until he finally lands out of bounds.
The fact that they ruled that a catch and Dez's incomplete makes me want to break shit. You can't convince me that the jersey didn't have something to do with it in both cases.

Cotton

Staff member
He made a dumb hit when Antonio Brown was strung out over the middle. I don't think it was nearly as the announcers were making it out, like he was trying to kill him.

Twenty years ago, that's not nearly as much of a big deal.
I've seen it now. He went for his head. It wasn't helmet to helmet, but he obviously went for his head. Looked like an easy call. Not sure he was trying to kill him, but it did look like he was trying to hurt him.

His history should make that a huge fine.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The fact that they ruled that a catch and Dez's incomplete makes me want to break shit. You can't convince me that the jersey didn't have something to do with it in both cases.
Yeah, all this other bullshit covers up one of the worst rulings for a catch that I have ever seen.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, all this other bullshit covers up one of the worst rulings for a catch that I have ever seen.
How in hell is that considered a catch? He didn't have control until he was a good 10 feet out of bounds. That's insane and infuriating all at the same time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
How in hell is that considered a catch? He didn't have control until he was a good 10 feet out of bounds. That's insane and infuriating all at the same time.
It's bullshit. And even more amazing they upheld the call after review. Yet you really aren't hearing a lot about it because of all the extra noise from this game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The talking head slurpage of Russell Wilson is in full effect.

Cotton

Staff member
A least Tate had it clutched to his body for a step or two.

Martavis Bryant was rolling the ball around his ass hovering in mid-air.
No, he did not. Tate never had control of that ball. And to line that "catch" up against Dez's non-catch and compare the two and say Dez's wasn't a catch when you watch Tate almost instantly lose the ball after it hits his hands is ridiculous.

Cotton

Staff member
It's bullshit. And even more amazing they upheld the call after review. Yet you really aren't hearing a lot about it because of all the extra noise from this game.
Shit like this makes me really just want to stop watching the NFL altogether.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
No, he did not. Tate never had control of that ball. And to line that "catch" up against Dez's non-catch and compare the two and say Dez's wasn't a catch when you watch Tate almost instantly lose the ball after it hits his hands is ridiculous.
It is cradled for a step before getting knocked up in the air.

Besides, I don't give a fuck about that play, asshole. I am more concerned about this one from last night.

So, step off.

Cotton

Staff member
It is cradled for a step before getting knocked up in the air.

Besides, I don't give a fuck about that play, asshole. I am more concerned about this one from last night.

So, step off.
I was giving yet another example of how inconsistent the refs are when it comes to ruling on these plays. So, YOU step off.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was giving yet another example of how inconsistent the refs are when it comes to ruling on these plays. So, YOU step off.
You want some of this? Do ya?

It's go time.

Top Bottom