Staff member
The Saints are diving into this now. :lol

They just don't give a fuck, do they?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Saints are diving into this now. :lol

They just don't give a fuck, do they?
I really like Josh Norman but I honestly can't see it working out well for anyone who blows 16 mil a year on him. Corners matter but unless you have a real freak athlete they don't tend to transition well from one team to another. If he went to the Saints I bet he gets torched.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Just signed with Redskins.

Man, we can't catch a break this week. This draft better be epic to restore some karmic balance.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just signed with Redskins.

Man, we can't catch a break this week. This draft better be epic to restore some karmic balance.

Perk up, little camper. We can just draft Jalen Ramsey to equalize things.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
5 years, 75 million. With 50 mil guaranteed.

Fuck that. They can have him.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Snyder probably sees the Norman v ODB matchup twice a year as a marquee draw for ticker sales. You just knew he was gonna end up in this division.

data

Forbes #1
Silver lining is that deangelo hall gets cut? I hate that fucker.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I do find it odd that they let him go. Outside of Cam he was the player I think most of us associated with the Panthers. He has a big personality and is a hell of a player...I just think there has to be something more to it than financial.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I do find it odd that they let him go. Outside of Cam he was the player I think most of us associated with the Panthers. He has a big personality and is a hell of a player...I just think there has to be something more to it than financial.
I just think they didn't want to pay that much for a CB in their defense. You have to understand Norman has been building up his game the last few years and after this season, which was his contract year, he has some streaks that show he could get full of himself if they paid him or loud if they just let him play under the franchise deal.

Plus, Gettleman is a cold hearted SOB who just doesn't care and I admire that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I just think they didn't want to pay that much for a CB in their defense. You have to understand Norman has been building up his game the last few years and after this season, which was his contract year, he has some streaks that show he could get full of himself if they paid him or loud if they just let him play under the franchise deal.

Plus, Gettleman is a cold hearted SOB who just doesn't care and I admire that.
Then what happened to change their mind between when they tagged him and when they cut him loose?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then what happened to change their mind between when they tagged him and when they cut him loose?
Maybe they thought they could use the franchise tag to leverage him into a cheaper long term deal then the one he just got? And when he bulked they didn't want the 14 mil cap hit this year. (A long term deal often has a lower first year cap hit and then player is ok with it because the signing bonus is way bigger then the 14 mil franchise tag)

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They probably underestimated how he much he wanted. The tag was to buy negotiating time.

Top Bottom