Cowboys Decide Not To Pick Up Morris Claiborne’s Fifth-Year Option

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
How bad Claiborne was I think gets blown way out of proportion. He actually had his good games. Which the game he won with the game clinching INT was actually one of his worst last year.
That was a horrible game for him. It was the Rams game when he got burned in the endzone and started pointing at Scandrick blaming him.

Also iirc that was game he got demoted afterwards and walked out of Valley Ranch.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That was a horrible game for him. It was the Rams game when he got burned in the endzone and started pointing at Scandrick blaming him.

Also iirc that was game he got demoted afterwards and walked out of Valley Ranch.
Yep.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Claiborne over Carpenter. Not close.
Two picks given to move up to 6 overall, number 14 and what was the second?

Makes it a no brainer, the winner for biggest fail Cowboy first rounder.

Get it? Claiborne a no brainer. :lol

:picard

p1_

DCC 4Life
Claiborne was not servicable. Ending up on IR was the best thing he did for this team, Sterling Moore was an improvement.
And Moore wasn't good enough to tender. Fathom that.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
And Moore wasn't good enough to tender. Fathom that.
Just because Claiborne was shit, doesn't mean Moore was good. And the longer the season went on, the worse he got. Towards the end of the season and in the playoffs he was bad.

He's certainly nothing to pine away for.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just because Claiborne was shit, doesn't mean Moore was good. And the longer the season went on, the worse he got. Towards the end of the season and in the playoffs he was bad.

He's certainly nothing to pine away for.
Moore was worth tendering at the crap minimum, which is pretty much what it would have taken to keep him as at least an experienced body. In hindsight based on the draft and UDFA group, that probably would have been smart. To make it simple, we refused to give him a tender, yet gave a tender to Lance effing Dunbar.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Two picks given to move up to 6 overall, number 14 and what was the second?

Makes it a no brainer, the winner for biggest fail Cowboy first rounder.

Get it? Claiborne a no brainer. :lol

:picard
I look at it as just the 6th overall pick. Or I guess you could look at it as the 14th and a second rounder. Either way is the same to me.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He also never started. Claiborne at least started.
And Claiborne still has this season to contribute. When he was healthy there were several games I felt he played well.

Even still he has to be in the biggest bust discussion with Shante Carver. Billy Canon Jr. gets a pass since he got injured.

Based on my own memories:

Shante Carver > Rod Hill > Morris Claiborne > Danny Noonan > David Lafleur > Bobby Carpenter > Ebenzer Ekubust > Howard Richards.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Moore was worth tendering at the crap minimum, which is pretty much what it would have taken to keep him as at least an experienced body. In hindsight based on the draft and UDFA group, that probably would have been smart. To make it simple, we refused to give him a tender, yet gave a tender to Lance effing Dunbar.
Maybe, maybe not. He wasn't that good. But at least we'll always remember him as being better than he really was because he wasn't tendered.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And Claiborne still has this season to contribute. When he was healthy there were several games I felt he played well.

Even still he has to be in the biggest bust discussion with Shante Carver. Billy Canon Jr. gets a pass since he got injured.

Based on my own memories:

Shante Carver > Rod Hill > Morris Claiborne > Danny Noonan > David Lafleur > Bobby Carpenter > Ebenzer Ekubust > Howard Richards.
Bobby Carpenter is way too far down. How was he better then Lefleur for example?

Cotton

Staff member
Bobby Carpenter is way too far down. How was he better then Lefleur for example?
There is no damn way I put Bobby Carpenter 5th on my biggest bust list.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
David Lafleur started just because Jerry said he should start, and had Jerry been in charge in 2006 Carpenter would have started some how, some way.

That gawky TE did NOTHING the entire time he was here. Never once even flashed that he was a talented player and quite frankly we got much more from the 4th rounder Eric Bjornsen the year prior.

At least Carpenter showed promise at the end of his rookie season. LaFleur was a complete waste of a roster spot, and the ultimate reach for any kind of pass-catching threat in a year Dallas was desperate for a WR.

Cotton

Staff member
David Lafleur started just because Jerry said he should start, and had Jerry been in charge in 2006 Carpenter would have started some how, some way.
That's the thing, Jerry was in charge then and even he couldn't make the coaches start him. That's how bad he was.

Cotton

Staff member
Technically, but he was still walking on eggshells.
Barely. Regardless, Bobbeh was with us until 2009 and even in all those years, he still never started, or even saw the field much, really. With Jerry more "in charge".

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Marcus Spears started as well... :art

But seriously I think I'd go with Carpenter as well. Claiborne would at least be serviceable if the guy could stay healthy. Carpenter didn't have a single redeeming quality about himself. That was a miss beyond all misses.
When people are celebrating a player getting injured because he's being shoved into the lineup due to draft position and killing the team, he doesn't have any redeeming qualities either.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Barely. Regardless, Bobbeh was with us until 2009 and even in all those years, he still never started, or even saw the field much, really. With Jerry more "in charge".
Bobbeh was a "Parcells Guy". His dad used to play for Parcess, he was drafted for Parcells' defense. No reason for Jerry to be all that invested in forcing a Parcells Guy into Fat Wade's defense.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
That gawky TE did NOTHING the entire time he was here. Never once even flashed that he was a talented player and quite frankly we got much more from the 4th rounder Eric Bjornsen the year prior.
Actually, Lafleur had 7 TDs one season, before his back gave out on him. His selection and career was a disappointment, but I wouldn't exactly call that NOTHING. Bjornson's best year, he had 3 TDs and 388 yards. 6 total TDs for his career. At least try to sound like you know what you're talking about.

p1_

DCC 4Life
let's not forget that Troy personally blessed LaSewer.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
let's not forget that Troy personally blessed LaSewer.
You can't knock him all that much. He had a terrible back injury. Bobbeh just sucked.

Top Bottom