Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs 49ers | 9/7/14

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I didn't think I would ever see it, but my Dad is actually leaning towards rooting for us to lose. It's a crazy time.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Cleveland Browns had enough pride to come back and make a game of it, I'm interested in seeing what type of fight the Cowboys have in them

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Harbaugh isn't stupid enough to sign on to Jerry's sideshow & freak emporium and Jerry isn't going to give up the kind of control Harbaugh would want.
Exactly. Jerry would never go after him in the first place. Jerry's motivation in hiring a HC is finding someone who won't overshadow him or get credit if we win.

We'll either have Garrett back next year or Jerry will promote a lackey from the current staff. Either way it'll be status quo with JJ dictating what happens on the field.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I didn't think I would ever see it, but my Dad is actually leaning towards rooting for us to lose. It's a crazy time.
My wife as well.

data

Forbes #1
Breaking news locally: 6-year old boy attacked by mountain lion, but expected to be in better condition than the Cowboys.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Financially, how do you part with Romo?
We can't part with him, which is why JJ gave him the extension. He didn't want any part of another QB search just like he doesn't want another HC search.

dallen

Senior Tech
The Cowboys just validated my decision not to get Sunday Ticket. I'm not shelling out $250 to watch garbage like this.
I paid $175 for Gamepass but it was more for the rest of the league than Dallas. I can watch most of the Dallas games OTA

Rev

Staff member
At least its starting.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
The Cowboys just validated my decision not to get Sunday Ticket. I'm not shelling out $250 to watch garbage like this.
My gut was telling me no and I was thiiiiis close to not getting it but I did. I figured it would be at least a few games before I experienced buyer's remorse, not the first half of the first freaking game.

data

Forbes #1
Well, I'll be the deviant and say I still want to watch every single Cowboys game.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
DeMarcus Ware is somewhere counting his blessings.

Rev

Staff member
Well, I'll be the deviant and say I still want to watch every single Cowboys game.
I think most will watch regardless. Just allows us to multitask during games now.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

dallen

Senior Tech
Exactly. Jerry would never go after him in the first place. Jerry's motivation in hiring a HC is finding someone who won't overshadow him or get credit if we win.

We'll either have Garrett back next year or Jerry will promote a lackey from the current staff. Either way it'll be status quo with JJ dictating what happens on the field.
And so many lackeys no one else would hire to choose from with Kiffen, Marinelli, Linehan, Callahan, Dooley and Bissacia. We must lead the league in terrible head coaches on staff

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, I will watch. I've watched every game for 30 years, but I very well may be watching to root for a different colored jersey from here on out.

Cotton

Staff member
More records broken daily. :towel

data

Forbes #1
I think most will watch regardless. Just allows us to multitask during games now.
Well, I should clarify that I'm also willing to pay DirecTV for the ability to do so.

Top Bottom