Quarterback Tony Romo's back injury is worse than anticipated.

Jiggyfly

Banned

The Cowboys signal-caller has a broken bone in his back, coach Jason Garrett said an MRI revealed. He hasn't been ruled out for Dallas' season opener yet.

Around the NFL will have more on this story shortly.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I just got a text from a friend that said Romo is out for the season but I don't know where that timetable is coming from so I don't believe it yet. Whatever the case it is going to be a significant amount of time.

Edit: Jon Machoda reporting 6-10 week time table for Romo's return

dallen

Senior Tech
Like fucking clockwork

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
No, it's actually not worse than anticipated.

Every Cowboys fan with a brain knows this team is either really stupid or just excellent liars when it comes to injuries and you can never take what they have to say about a player's health seriously.

Imagine if Dak Prescott hadn't been this huge surprise. How screwed would we be right now? Even then, he hasn't played a single down of regular season football so for all we know, that glass slipper could very well still fall of that foot.

Romo, time to think about the wife and kids. Just fricking retire already before you end up dead at 50. It's not worth it.

dallen

Senior Tech
I guess we will get to see one way or another if Dak is for real at least. By the end of the season we will know how hard we need to keep looking for a replacement QB

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I just got a text from a friend that said Romo is out for the season but I don't know where that timetable is coming from so I don't believe it yet. Whatever the case it is going to be a significant amount of time.

Edit: Jon Machoda reporting 6-10 week time table for Romo's return
Archer tweeted that they haven't ruled out week 1. Seems overly optimistic.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Six to ten weeks. Great.

Now we can be 1-6 and that fucking Jerry will be taking about running the table upon his return.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I only expected 8 wins anyhow. I guess a forced rebuild could be for the best going forward.

Hopefully Dan's performance wasn't a mirage. And if he's playing well and the Cowboys are winning games, I keep him in the lineup. Romo can ride the pine as we prepare for the future

dallen

Senior Tech
I wonder if we will sign someone else now? Is Showers really going to be our backup QB for the first couple months?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Next year the Cowboys have got to get serious about phasing Romo out. You can't keep going into every year praying that his surgically repaired back or clavicle holds up.

He can't just be handed the job. Legit competition needs to be brought in. Hopeully Dak is that completion.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
I feel bad for Romo but this injury just fast forwards to the inevitable. We weren't going to win a superbowl this year with the defense we have. At least now we can use most (probably all) of the season to see what we have in Dak. If he pans out great. If he doesn't we'll be in good position to draft a QB next year. It will be tough sitting through a bunch of losses again but I don't think that will happen. There's enough talent around Dak and he's shown enough poise I think we'll do enough on offense to win plenty of games. The defense is still the likely weak link.

p1_

DCC 4Life
fuck timetables. it's over!

p1_

DCC 4Life
Next year the Cowboys have got to get serious about phasing Romo out. You can't keep going into every year praying that his surgically repaired back or clavicle holds up.

He can't just be handed the job. Legit competition needs to be brought in. Hopeully Dak is that completion.
what? next year? wake the fuck up. it's done, today. not next year FFS

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Well... maybe Romo will get "Bledsoe'd" by Dak.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

If Romo isn't 100% done, he's damn close.

Hopefully Dak proves to be a competent place holder and if he isn't, QB needs to be the #1 priority next year. I don't care if it's through the draft or free agency.

Top Bottom