Training Camp Thread...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Foles has an 8-2 and 6-2 record to his name in two different seasons and posted a season where he threw 27 TDs versus 2 INTs.

Some of that may be Kelly, a lot of it even, but you can't see how anyone could assume that a guy who went 14-4 with 40 TDs to 12 INTs over two seasons might be a better QB than career nobody Kellen Moore? Is this a serious question?
I think almost all of it is due to chip Kelly.

I remember when Kelly took over. Foles was supposed to be the starter going into that season. Vick beat him out in the preseason and won the job.

Then Vick got hurt and foles took over. Foles played decent and they made the playoffs. But I'd argue a huge amount of his and the team's performance was circumstantial. Defenses hadn't adjusted to Kelly's offense yet. There wasn't really a book on foles yet. The team was getting an abnormal amount of special teams and defensive help that put them in good position. McCoy was playing lights out. They beat Detroit in a blizzard where all bets were off. They beat the Packers without Rodgers. They beat us without Romo.

In 2014, before he got hurt Foles played like hot garbage. I don't know what the numbers looked like but Foles was extremely erratic. When Sanchez went in, he flat out played better than Foles.

In 2015 Foles was so bad he was passed on the depth chart by case keenum, who sucks.

All this to say, Foles sucks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dak was drafted to develop. If you sign Foles it's to try and win football games now (if needed). No GM is going to sign Foles with the intent to put him at #3.
For preseason purposes I may let Dak play with the 2s but I agree, once the season starts you go with Foles as the game day backup. Hell Romo probably won't play most preseason anyway so Dak and Foles will both get lots of game snaps.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In 2015 Foles was so bad he was passed on the depth chart by case keenum, who sucks.

All this to say, Foles sucks.
I'd say his only year he played in a normal NFL offense is probably the most telling of what he would do here. But at this point we need another camp arm due to the injury. Foles at least has an arm and great size. If we cut him later who cares. We need to add a QB, what other options are out there?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

dallen

Senior Tech
I agree Foles sucks, but I also think he is our best option at this point

dallen

Senior Tech
Pretty glad we didn't draft Bosa at this point even with our dline issues

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'd say his only year he played in a normal NFL offense is probably the most telling of what he would do here. But at this point we need another camp arm due to the injury. Foles at least has an arm and great size. If we cut him later who cares. We need to add a QB, what other options are out there?
True I guess.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
we already owe a 5th for Cassel next April. don't do anything stupid, Jerry.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
we already owe a 5th for Cassel next April. don't do anything stupid, Jerry.
That one still disgusts me. The god damn Bills somehow managed to hose us for Cassel. And it's not like the Bills had a stud depth chart at QB or anything.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
Throwing Dak into the fire before he's ready to play could hurt his development. We drafted him knowing that he was a project who would need a couple years before he's ready to play QB in the NFL. Signing Foles is all about protecting our playoff chances in the event that Romo needs to sit for a couple games.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Throwing Dak into the fire before he's ready to play could hurt his development. We drafted him knowing that he was a project who would need a couple years before he's ready to play QB in the NFL. Signing Foles is all about protecting our playoff chances in the event that Romo needs to sit for a couple games.
Keeping him out especially in the preseason will by the same token be detrimental to his development. I would give him as much work as possible in the preseason then use Foles as the stop gap in the regular season but with a short leash.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Dixon played at South Carolina.

What's funny is that last week apparently one of the directors at my job asked me to interview him for a supervisor position at the facility I work at.

Apparently a friend of a friend. I instantly recognized the name and told the director, he's probably looking for a football job right about now.

CSB.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Fuck. Looks like we're going to be plagued by the injury bug again this year. Really makes the piss poor play calling and DeMarco's fumble all that more painful 2 years ago.

dallen

Senior Tech

What's funny is that last week apparently one of the directors at my job asked me to interview him for a supervisor position at the facility I work at.

Apparently a friend of a friend. I instantly recognized the name and told the director, he's probably looking for a football job right about now.

CSB.
This is very close to green balloon territory

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

CSB.
You name dropping sonofabitch!

Frikkin Jerry beat you to the punch.

Top Bottom