Week 11 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs Dolphins | 11/22/2015

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So Jerry Rice takes the Cowboys jersey off, and Ditka takes off the Packers Jersey. And both the Cowboys and Packers finally win.

Coincidence? I think not.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Chris Ivory, Doug Martin, Lamar Miller, Alfred Morris, Matt Forte, Ronnie Hillman and James Starks are all UFA's next year. Several of those guys would be upgrades to McFadden and considering Murray's drop off this year, I'm sure they can be had cheap considering their ages, especially Forte.

Go out, throw 4 million a year at one of these guys, have them split carries with McFadden, draft a guy in the 4th-7th, hope Dunbar comes back strong and call it a day. Forte might be the best tradeoff between cost and ability, I'm sure teams will shy away because of his age but he showed he can still play and is an all-around back. Give him a 2-3 year deal, keep him fresh with McFadden, let McFadden walk after next season and then draft Forte's replacement in the HOF 2017 RB class.

Pretty simple IMO.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Chris Ivory, Doug Martin, Lamar Miller, Alfred Morris, Matt Forte, Ronnie Hillman and James Starks are all UFA's next year. Several of those guys would be upgrades to McFadden and considering Murray's drop off this year, I'm sure they can be had cheap considering their ages, especially Forte.

Go out, throw 4 million a year at one of these guys, have them split carries with McFadden, draft a guy in the 4th-7th, hope Dunbar comes back strong and call it a day. Forte might be the best tradeoff between cost and ability, I'm sure teams will shy away because of his age but he showed he can still play and is an all-around back. Give him a 2-3 year deal, keep him fresh with McFadden, let McFadden walk after next season and then draft Forte's replacement in the HOF 2017 RB class.

Pretty simple IMO.
Pretty certain that Martin and Miller end up getting re-upped. Forte maybe. The rest, feh, I would rather draft a guy.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Pretty certain that Martin and Miller end up getting re-upped. Forte maybe. The rest, feh, I would rather draft a guy.
Depends on the salary. Ivory at 6 mil a year?

Feh. At 3-4 mil a year?

Ayuh.

I don't want to be desperate going into the draft and would much rather sign a mid-level guy to split carries with McFadden than force ourselves to draft a RB in a poor class.

kidd

DCC 4Life

Pretty simple IMO.
If Turbin continues to show he can carry the ball as well as block, then I'd be fine with letting McFadden walk (if he's no longer under contract).

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So would I. Elliott or Henry would be beastly behind our line.

But if we don't land one of them, I'm almost to point where I'd be fine ignoring the position altogether and jousting bringing in a FA to split carries with DMC. This class of RBs as a whole is a steaming pile of dogshit. Next year is the year to invest highly in one.
I really like Collins out of Arkansas.

He's no flashy, but he's got all the tools to be a good successful back in the NFL. We also wouldn't have to take him in the 1st round.
[MENTION=2]dallen[/MENTION] - you think Collins would cut it at the NFL level?

dallen

Senior Tech
So would I. Elliott or Henry would be beastly behind our line.

But if we don't land one of them, I'm almost to point where I'd be fine ignoring the position altogether and jousting bringing in a FA to split carries with DMC. This class of RBs as a whole is a steaming pile of dogshit. Next year is the year to invest highly in one.
You'll get Alex Collins and like it!

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
His vision is downright aweful. McFadden has great straightline speed and can actually run hard at times but that is it. Turbin showed far more ability to break tackles and make guys miss.
McFadden has decent straightline speed. He looked slow as hell on that big run he had.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Imagine if we drafted Tyler Eifert like Garrett wanted. He'd be effing Escobar right now.
Well, that would make for an awkward lockerroom environment.

dallen

Senior Tech
I really like Collins out of Arkansas.

He's no flashy, but he's got all the tools to be a good successful back in the NFL. We also wouldn't have to take him in the 1st round.

[MENTION=2]dallen[/MENTION] - you think Collins would cut it at the NFL level?
:lol I didn't even see this before I posted.

I think he will. I wouldn't draft him the first or second round or anything, but 3rd day, sure. He reminds me a lot of Marion Barber. He doesn't have the speed you'd like, but he's a violent runner with good vision that always seems to find a way to steal an extra yard or two at the end of a run. He knows how to get the most out of his abilities

dallen

Senior Tech
Oh, maybe the one thing Collins doesn't do very well is catch the ball. Arkansas doesn't really throw to the backs a lot in general though so it may just be a scheme thing.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Elliot is good bit nothing special. Throw on top pf that the hissy fit he just threw and I'm sort of meh on him. If we were picking him around 30 I would be cool with it but I don't think he is worth anything near a top 15 pick.

Just take a middle round RB like we should have this year.
I am not sold on Elliot as well, he seems like a straight line guy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not sold on Elliot as well, he seems like a straight line guy.
I think he could be a good NFL back. I just think he should be more of a Carlos Hyde type early second round RB. I don't see him as an elite freak deserving of top 15-20 consideration.

Top Bottom