NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Why not play Beasley more and sooner?

When they were getting the shit kicked out of them to start game 4, you'd think you would want try at least something different to give you a spark.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I have to prop the Spurs though...one of the best teams in recent memory.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Why not play Beasley more and sooner?

When they were getting the shit kicked out of them to start game 4, you'd think you would want try at least something different to give you a spark.
I think you are seeing why...if possible, he makes them worse defensively than they already were.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think you are seeing why...if possible, he makes them worse defensively than they already were.
That may be, but as the Spurs were going on these runs, these leads would extend quickly because Miami wasn't getting buckets on their end.

He might have been able to help with that, especially since so many guys were M.I.A.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Swept twice by Boston and lost back to back to Det...so yeah, really.
So what are we talking about here?

A couple of series in Jordan's first 3 years?

A couple of tight 4-2 and 4-3 series losses to the Pistons?

You're obviously reaching here considering there are more damning examples with LeBron, like him literally quitting against the Celtics a few years ago in a series because he knew he was leaving after the season or a relatively mediocre Magic team knocking him out in the ECF handily after they had won 66 games, not to mention his very first Finals loss in a sweep.

Obviously those teams weren't overly talented but if you're going to use some chickenshit examples of Jordan losing in the playoffs I might as well throw these out.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I have to prop the Spurs though...one of the best teams in recent memory.
I actually joked with a friend of mine about the Spurs before the season when talking about who I thought would be the top teams in the West. I said that the Spurs could be as good as 1st but even drop to 4th or maybe 5th if age caught up with them, because it had to catch up with them eventually, right?

SOME day the Spurs had to finally get old, I said.....but they never fricking do. :lol

Every year passes, and every year they win 60 damn games or close and go to the conference finals at worst. It is incredible how good this team is and has been for so long.

Carp

DCC 4Life
So what are we talking about here?

A couple of series in Jordan's first 3 years?

A couple of tight 4-2 and 4-3 series losses to the Pistons?

You're obviously reaching here considering there are more damning examples with LeBron, like him literally quitting against the Celtics a few years ago in a series because he knew he was leaving after the season or a relatively mediocre Magic team knocking him out in the ECF handily after they had won 66 games, not to mention his very first Finals loss in a sweep.

Obviously those teams weren't overly talented but if you're going to use some chickenshit examples of Jordan losing in the playoffs I might as well throw these out.
Jordan had the benefit of the Celtics and Pistons getting older...plain and simple. Throw out what is convenient though.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I actually joked with a friend of mine about the Spurs before the season when talking about who I thought would be the top teams in the West. I said that the Spurs could be as good as 1st but even drop to 4th or maybe 5th if age caught up with them, because it had to catch up with them eventually, right?

SOME day the Spurs had to finally get old, I said.....but they never fricking do. :lol

Every year passes, and every year they win 60 damn games or close and go to the conference finals at worst. It is incredible how good this team is and has been for so long.
They'll be the favorites again next year. I credit Pop with limiting minutes and keeping his guys fresh during the season...it just did not work with Wade for the Heat in terms of letting him rest.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Jordan had the benefit of the Celtics and Pistons getting older...plain and simple. Throw out what is convenient though.
:lol

Alrighty then.

And LeBron had the benefit of playing against complete horseshit competition in the Eastern conference during his 2 championship seasons with nothing but an above average Pacers team standing in his way of making it to the Finals. Oh, and I guess he also had the benefit of this generation's version of the Celtics getting older too.

The fact of the matter is that LeBron has disappeared in one Finals, been completely embarrassed in another where they lost 4-1 with an average margin of defeat around 15 and was swept in another.

Jordan was 6-0.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
They'll be the favorites again next year. I credit Pop with limiting minutes and keeping his guys fresh during the season...it just did not work with Wade for the Heat in terms of letting him rest.
I think the reason it worked for the Spurs where it didn't necessarily work for Wade is because the Spurs are getting older whereas Wade's body is just breaking down.

Parker is the only player on the Spurs who deals with injuries fairly often, but it's still not to the degree that Wade deals with it.

You can rest someone like that all you want, but once they start playing often, their body is going to betray them eventually.

Carp

DCC 4Life
:lol

Alrighty then.

And LeBron had the benefit of playing against complete horseshit competition in the Eastern conference during his 2 championship seasons with nothing but an above average Pacers team standing in his way of making it to the Finals. Oh, and I guess he also had the benefit of this generation's version of the Celtics getting older too.

The fact of the matter is that LeBron has disappeared in one Finals, been completely embarrassed in another where they lost 4-1 with an average margin of defeat around 15 and was swept in another.

Jordan was 6-0.
I'm not arguing that Lebron is better than Jordan, but it is funny that if any other player has success you have to be offended by it. I keep seeing you call Lebron a bitch and quitter, which is just lame. Jordan was the greatest, no doubt...my favorite player ever, but it's ok to acknowledge how good another player is.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm not arguing that Lebron is better than Jordan, but it is funny that if any other player has success you have to be offended by it. I keep seeing you call Lebron a bitch and quitter, which is just lame. Jordan was the greatest, no doubt...my favorite player ever, but it's ok to acknowledge how good another player is.
I don't think I've called LeBron a bitch or a quitter in some time, it's been at least a year and I'm pretty sure I've literally said that I like him much more now that he doesn't act like a bitch anymore at some point during this season. I actually respect and somewhat like LeBron now that he doesn't act like he used to, he just won't eclipse Jordan as so many people have opined recently.

And even though I like LeBron much more now, let's not forget, not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I've come to admire Lebron's talent because there's never been one like him.

Like Simp, I too think the comparison to Jordan are silly because he is not on Jordan's level, IMO......but the guy is a phenomenal player and I think we're lucky as sports fans to be able to watch him play.

He may not be the best ever, but I do believe he is the most talented ever.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
What a great owner the Spurs have.

I don't want to beat the Cowboys thing to death, but man it must be nice to have an owner who just loves the winning and gives all the damn credit to his coaches/staff/players.

That's why those guys just keep on winning.

And Kawai rightfully gets the MVP. Good for him.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't think I've called LeBron a bitch or a quitter in some time, it's been at least a year and I'm pretty sure I've literally said that I like him much more now that he doesn't act like a bitch anymore at some point during this season. I actually respect and somewhat like LeBron now that he doesn't act like he used to, he just won't eclipse Jordan as so many people have opined recently.

And even though I like LeBron much more now, let's not forget, not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6...
You did say he quit and tucked his tail...so, semantics.

As for the 6 statement...you should believe and they had a legit shot at 4 straight. I know, weak EC, but still.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
You did say he quit and tucked his tail...so, semantics.

As for the 6 statement...you should believe and they had a legit shot at 4 straight. I know, weak EC, but still.
Yea, he quit and tucked his tail in 2011 against the Mavs, that's not really an opinion, that's pretty much regarded as fact. And saying he quit in one specific instance, which he did, is alot different than calling him a quitter, which I used to call him but certainly don't anymore.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yea, he quit and tucked his tail in 2011 against the Mavs, that's not really an opinion, that's pretty much regarded as fact. And saying he quit in one specific instance, which he did, is alot different than calling him a quitter, which I used to call him but certainly don't anymore.
It is not fact, it is your opinion. That is a fact.

Carp

DCC 4Life
So now on to the draft...just hope Clev takes Embiid and Mil takes the safer player player in Parker.

I'd also like to see Philly maybe look to Phoenix to make a deal with the 10th. Also, maybe Young to Sac for 8. We can take back salary.

Top Bottom