NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think Miami comes out strong but after that initial wave of adrenaline wears off I think the Spurs slowly take control and wear them out with their superior ball movement.

I expect LeBron to have a huge game but I don't see anyone else on the Heat stepping up to give him the help necessary to beat the Spurs.

The Heat are the older team and it shows. They take entirely too many plays off, especially on the defensive end. The Spurs will run them ragged with all their movement and by the late 3rd quarter I expect the Spurs to be in full control.

And if by chance the Heat play balls out and actually win tonight, with the short turnaround and having to play again on Tuesday night, I don't think they'll recover enough to play elite basketball in back to back games.
Negrodamus has spoken.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Welp...I guess the only thing we have to look forward to is "The Decision 2" and Bosh collapsing and crying in the tunnel like a little bitch llike back in 2011.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Kahwi Leonard has earned the MVP award, IMO. His last 3 games have been strong. He's been the 2nd best player on the floor after Lebron.
Yup.

I said if he had a good game 5 that it would be enough to give him the award.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Leonard earned it...he was slow starting this postseason, but this is his team now.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Welp...I guess the only thing we have to look forward to is "The Decision 2" and Bosh collapsing and crying in the tunnel like a little bitch llike back in 2011.
:towel

Meanwhile, in the other locker room:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
LeBron will finish as a top 3-5 player of all time but this really should put any thought that he's better than Jordan to bed forever unless he somehow runs off like 5 titles in a row.

Jordan never tucked his tail and disappeared in a Finals like LeBron did against the Mavs and he never got completely demolished in such a thorough, consistent manner like what is happening here.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Comparing Jordan and Lebron is stupid anyways. Not the same type of player.

Carp

DCC 4Life
BTW...Jordan got routinely crushed by the Pistons and Celtics until he broke through.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
LeBron will finish as a top 3-5 player of all time but this really should put any thought that he's better than Jordan to bed forever unless he somehow runs off like 5 titles in a row.

Jordan never tucked his tail and disappeared in a Finals like LeBron did against the Mavs and he never got completely demolished in such a thorough, consistent manner like what is happening here.
You don't have to convince me where Lebron's flaws are, but to be fair, the entire Miami team is overwhelmed and it doesn't matter if Lebron went for 50 tonight.

They were gonna get blown out regardless because there's just too much the Spurs are doing.

D

Deuce

Mills is giving me a raging boner right now. What's he got? 1 year left before he hits FA?

1bigfan13

Staff member
Comparing Jordan and Lebron is stupid anyways. Not the same type of player.
True. By all accounts Jordan would literally beat the shit out of his teammates if they played like LeBron's teammates.

1bigfan13

Staff member
You don't have to convince me where Lebron's flaws are, but to be fair, the entire Miami team is overwhelmed and it doesn't matter if Lebron went for 50 tonight.

They were gonna get blown out regardless because there's just too much the Spurs are doing.
Agreed. This series is no indictment on LeBron, IMO. He did his job. The other 11 or 12 players didn't do their's.

D

Deuce

Nice to see one team who places in an AT&T building close out a championship. [/butthurtCowboysfan]

Carp

DCC 4Life
True. By all accounts Jordan would literally beat the shit out of his teammates if they played like LeBron's teammates.
Jordan had an alltimer for a coach too. I don’t discount Spoelstra, but he has not had a great coach yet.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

I don't blame LeBron for any of this really, I'm just saying this is further evidence that he isn't the greatest ever.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Agreed. This series is no indictment on LeBron, IMO. He did his job. The other 11 or 12 players didn't do their's.
Yea, was he going to follow Patty Mills everywhere?

Was he going to make Wade actually do something?

Was he going to defend Duncan in the post?

This has been an absolute domination in every facet and the outcome would not have changed even if Lebron averaged a triple double for the series.

Spurs just kicked the shit out of them.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I don't blame LeBron for any of this really, I'm just saying this is further evidence that he isn't the greatest ever.
I agree.

Anyone who says Lebron is better or even on par with Jordan is delusional.

Like you already mentioned, all of those things that Lebron did in the Finals, etc. would never have happened with Jordan.

Yes, teams may have gotten the best of him, but he never had the types of moments Lebron did, and he damn sure wouldn't have pulled a Tony Romo like Lebron did the other night when he essentially said that basketball wasn't the end-all, be-all for him.

Top Bottom