NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Anyone else get a chuckle out of watching the two biggest floppers in the sport (Ginobili and Battier) trying to out-flop one another?

Carp

DCC 4Life
Miami was playing great defense, but like Van Gundy is saying...it fell off when they brought guys off the bench. Chalmers...DNP.

1bigfan13

Staff member
This game has started of pretty much as I expected. LeBron is playing out of his mind and the Heat are playing with a lot of energy.

Problem is they're only up 7.

The Heat will eventually wear down and the Spurs will walk them down for another double digit win.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Miami was playing great defense, but like Van Gundy is saying...it fell off when they brought guys off the bench. Chalmers...DNP.
Which is why I see them fading in the 2nd half. The Spurs are the deeper team and will run them ragged.

D

Deuce

Oh look, the Spurs are coming back because of post play. At least Pop isn't too stubborn to adjust.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Lulz....you know "Heat Nation" was pumping their fist thinking they finally had the answer after the first 10 minutes of the game.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I love Leonard and Diaw...the rest can suck a dick.

D

Deuce

I love Leonard and Diaw...the rest can suck a dick.
Manu is the only one I dislike simply cause he would drive me nuts as a fan with his shot chucking. But then he rises up and provides a needed spark and you can forgive him.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Manu is the only one I dislike simply cause he would drive me nuts as a fan with his shot chucking. But then he rises up and provides a needed spark and you can forgive him.
Parker, Mills, I respect Duncan, but he has been whining alot this series. I do like Splitter.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I dislike the Heat because I hate their fake ass fan base. 90% of them are nothing but a bunch of bandwagon front runners who couldn't name more than 3 members of the team prior to 2010.

Ask them about Tim Hardaway and you get a blank stare.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Switching gears for a moment....I'm very disappointed that the Thunder appear to be holding on to Scott Brooks.

Unless he actually puts together an offensive system that involves actual ball movement and movement w/o the ball I can't see OKC taking the next step.

What would help is if Presti signed a couple of guys with solid perimeter shooting ability. We have a trade exception that we have to use within the next few weeks. So we could sign one good FA perimeter player or two solid perimeter players.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Switching gears for a moment....I'm very disappointed that the Thunder appear to be holding on to Scott Brooks.

Unless he actually puts together an offensive system that involves actual ball movement and movement w/o the ball I can't see OKC taking the next step.

What would help is if Presti signed a couple of guys with solid perimeter shooting ability. We have a trade exception that we have to use within the next few weeks. So we could sign one good FA perimeter player or two solid perimeter players.
I think Brooks has taken them as far as he can, sometimes NBA teams needs a coaching change to make it over the final hurdle like the Bulls back in the 80's when they fired Collins and hired Jackson.

1bigfan13

Staff member
It will be interesting to see how Miami handles Wade going forward. Do you remain loyal or do you make the smart business decision. If he opts out do you bring him back or use his money to go after a player like Melo?

I'm assuming if elects to opt out it will be under the gentlemen's agreement to resign at a lower rate.

As an aside, they were saying on the radio today that Norris Cole is the only Heat player who is under contract to definitely return next year. Everyone else is either a FA or can opt out.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Kahwi Leonard has earned the MVP award, IMO. His last 3 games have been strong. He's been the 2nd best player on the floor after Lebron.

Top Bottom