Hatcher Signs With Redskins

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Carp

DCC 4Life
All of these deals come down to how much dead money you are going to have at the end of the deal.

Regards

Cap Carp

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just as well. No damn way I wanted him at 7 mill a year.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
He was with us since Parcells, but I don't think he had a memorable play in all that time.

Cotton

Staff member
This makes me extremely happy. It almost forces Jones to do something or come flat out and admit, he's going cheap.
Spencer hasn't gone away just yet.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Good, maybe now we can get off our ass and get Melton.
Exactly.

As an aside, if this dumbass was about winning, he would've signed with the Seahawks who not only have the leagues best defense and are a defending champion, but they also run a 4-3 which means he had a good chance to pick up where he left off this year.

Glad that asshole didn't get money from us, and it's even better that it's the Redskins who overpaid for a player who is most likely to do nothing in that 3-4.

Win all around.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Don't they still have Bowen on the other side?

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Marinelli was kissing his ass to stay, but keep crying.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Nothing like overpaying a 32 year old one year wonder and switching him back to the scheme he was less effective in.
Supposedly they are going to "tweak" their 3-4 so it is more one gap.

Still a bad fit.

Cotton

Staff member
With Hatcher gone, Cowboys need to act
March, 13, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Jason Hatcher is off to the Washington Redskins. The Dallas Cowboys are on the clock.

Hatcher received interest from the Seattle Seahawks, Oakland Raiders, Tennessee Titans and he settled on the Cowboys’ NFC East rival to call home.

It’s part of business. The Cowboys had a line they would not cross in re-signing Hatcher. He led the Cowboys in sacks in 2013 with 11. He played in his first Pro Bowl. He adapted quite well to the 4-3 system after spending the first seven seasons in a 3-4 scheme.

But he also turns 32 in July and never had more than 4.5 sacks in a season before last season.

Now it is on the Cowboys to find his replacement. Terrell McClain should not be viewed as a full-time answer. Neither should Jeremy Mincey.

Do the Cowboys now turn their attention to Henry Melton?

Melton excelled under Rod Marinelli with the Chicago Bears, but he is also coming off a torn anterior cruciate ligament. He’s also only 27.

At the NFL scouting combine last month, Melton’s agent, Jordan Woy, who also represents Hatcher, said Melton had just started running and should be good for training camp.

He played in only three games in 2013, but he earned Pro Bowl honors in 2012 with six sacks and two forced fumbles after coming up with a seven-sack season in 2011. He is the perfect three-technique Marinelli craves in this defense.

The Cowboys have said they will spend efficiently in free agency. They might have to spend quickly too because if they don’t sign Melton there is a drop-off in free-agent talent available and would be forced to grab a three-technique in the draft.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Umm, no shit.

We need at least one decent starter on the fricking line. I get that we are trying to change, be cheap or whatever.

But this is getting down to crunchtime.

We simply cannot go into the draft needing four DL starters. That is insane.

And no...NOBODY on this crap roster is worth considering or even projecting to start on the DL. None.

If we are thinking that way, we are most certainly throwing in the towel and it will make our disaster on D last year seem functional.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
If we are thinking that way, we are most certainly throwing in the towel and it will make our disaster on D last year seem functional.
and you could easily make the case that both our starting corners need to be replaced

Carp

DCC 4Life
I feel good about getting Melton...him not signing so far gives me homer ideas that he is waiting on the Cowboys.

Top Bottom