Week 14 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs Giants | 12/11/2016

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I disagree, I think he was off in those games but in the 4th last night he looked spooked, like he had no idea what to do.

I knew this day was coming it was inevitable for a rookie, hopefully he can learn and continue to grow.
What I'm about to say is a stretch but I definitely think the fact that he wore short sleeves shows that he was kinda in his own head last night. The guy was on the sideline warming up with a jacket on but is wearing short sleeves?

He's from the south, played basically all of his college games in the south and last night was his first true cold weather game, I don't think he was ready for it.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Second straight week we played sloppy and looked unprepared and lacked focus. There were penalties on at least 4 consecutive punt returns which backed us up into a hole. And offensively we continue having too many unforced mistakes and penalties.

As for Dak and the offense, I think defenses have started to catch on and adjust. Also not sure if Dak is starting to hit a wall. In college you play 11-12 regular season games. We're now at 13. Not to mention this is the time of year playoff teams start upping their intensity.

I saw a stat where we are only 18.7% on 3rd downs in the last 3 games. We need to be more focused and get back to what was working for us. And if teams are stacking the line to stop Zeke then we should be able to exploit that in the passing game. We have enough weapons to put us in manageable short 3rd down opportunities. And Dez has also been disappointing. He considers himself elite, but disappears too often with too many drops.

With this OL and our weapons there's no reason we should only be scoring 7 points. Even last week we only had 17 and would've been 10 if not for the gifted muffed punt inside the 10 in the 4th quarter.

Hopefully this will be a wakeup call. I just don't have the faith in our coaching staff to make the necessary adjustments. But at the least we need to be more focused and play with more sense of urgency and stop making the stupid unforced mistakes.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Stafford is incredibly impressive on a week in, week out basis and Tampa Bay just beat up on Seattle. It isn't going to be an easy road for us. Hopefully we get Atlanta in the first game.
Stafford indeed looks better now that he's not forcing it to his #1 receiver. :tippytoe

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I think they're getting to big a head, they're thinking about outsmarting the other team instead of just doing what they do best and pounding them into submission.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think they're getting to big a head, they're thinking about outsmarting the other team instead of just doing what they do best and pounding them into submission.
Hopefully they get back to meat and potatoes football in the playoffs.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Elliott ran the ball 24 times last night, I wouldn't complain too much about the run/pass ratio. Maybe we could've ran a few more times but overall it was pretty balanced, and a good amount of those throws came in the last 3-4 minutes when running the ball wasn't exactly feasible.

The real problem was that Prescott and the WR's played like complete horse shit and couldn't make a play to sustain a drive to save their lives.

D

Deuce

Elliott ran the ball 24 times last night, I wouldn't complain too much about the run/pass ratio. Maybe we could've ran a few more times but overall it was pretty balanced, and a good amount of those throws came in the last 3-4 minutes when running the ball wasn't exactly feasible.

The real problem was that Prescott and the WR's played like complete horse shit and couldn't make a play to sustain a drive to save their lives.
And penalties. Even when it looked like a drive could get going, you get something that completely derails it.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Has anyone heard from [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION]

He was any super homer mode. Poor guy is probably distraught and wandering aimlessly around Lubbock trying to make sense of last night's events.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Dak has now fumbled 9 times in the last 9 games. His pocket awareness is going down hill fast. He needs to clean that shit up with a quickness.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

He was any super homer mode. Poor guy is probably distraught and wandering aimlessly around Lubbock trying to make sense of last night's events.
:lol

I've talked to him so at least he still has his phone with him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Dak has now fumbled 9 times in the last 9 games. His pocket awareness is going down hill fast. He needs to clean that shit up with a quickness.
His pocket presence was horrendous last night, particularly on the sack that took us out of FG range in the first half. He's shown pretty good pocket presence for most of the year but it seems like at times he has too much confidence in the OL and doesn't look to move quick enough.

Most of the sacks/pressures last night didn't occur until he had about 3-4 seconds to scan the field, so I put that on him, not the OL.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Fuck this team. I doubt we even make the playoffs. :unsure

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yes, he does. Even if it means abandoning the pocket more often. I wish he would use his legs more. Stay pass first, but utilize all of his abilities. He was terrible last night.

dallen

Senior Tech
He had running lanes last night. I kept waiting for him to take off

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Stafford is incredibly impressive on a week in, week out basis and Tampa Bay just beat up on Seattle. It isn't going to be an easy road for us. Hopefully we get Atlanta in the first game.
Gotta get to the playoffs first. That's why some decisions need to be made right away before the whole thing gets squandered.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Second straight week we played sloppy and looked unprepared and lacked focus. There were penalties on at least 4 consecutive punt returns which backed us up into a hole. And offensively we continue having too many unforced mistakes and penalties.

As for Dak and the offense, I think defenses have started to catch on and adjust. Also not sure if Dak is starting to hit a wall. In college you play 11-12 regular season games. We're now at 13. Not to mention this is the time of year playoff teams start upping their intensity.

I saw a stat where we are only 18.7% on 3rd downs in the last 3 games. We need to be more focused and get back to what was working for us. And if teams are stacking the line to stop Zeke then we should be able to exploit that in the passing game. We have enough weapons to put us in manageable short 3rd down opportunities. And Dez has also been disappointing. He considers himself elite, but disappears too often with too many drops.

With this OL and our weapons there's no reason we should only be scoring 7 points. Even last week we only had 17 and would've been 10 if not for the gifted muffed punt inside the 10 in the 4th quarter.

Hopefully this will be a wakeup call. I just don't have the faith in our coaching staff to make the necessary adjustments. But at the least we need to be more focused and play with more sense of urgency and stop making the stupid unforced mistakes.
What is a tell tale sign to me is the absolute ineffency of the way the offense didn't capitalize on the turnovers. They sputtered and died the entire night. If you can't get fired up after a turnover then something needs fixed.

1bigfan13

Staff member
What is a tell tale sign to me is the absolute ineffency of the way the offense didn't capitalize on the turnovers. They sputtered and died the entire night. If you can't get fired up after a turnover then something needs fixed.
I'll have to go back and look, but I don't think we got a single first down after halftime. Truly a pathetic performance.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Looks like we picked up back to back 1st downs on one drive and nothing else after that.

:lol

That was so awful it felt like I went back in time to 2001 and was watching Quincy Carter.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I thought this team pounded opponents into submission with the "elite" OL and running game?

When things get tough, this staff shits the bed and throws the ball all over the field with a rookie QB that has scared no one for about a month now.

Top Bottom