Divisional Playoff Stuff...

Carp

DCC 4Life

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Good. Last time we played in a ridiculously cold game, it was obvious they didn't want to be there.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:towel

Cotton

Staff member

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Not to be a downer, but Cowboys have lost their last 6 road playoff games and 11 of their last 13, going back to 1980. Our two wins were '91 wildcard at Chicago and '92 NFCC at SF.

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys will head to Lambeau confident
January, 5, 2015

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Maybe because it had been so long, the mind remembers it differently.

The Dallas Cowboys went five seasons between playoff appearances and five seasons between playoff wins. When the Cowboys beat the Philadelphia Eagles on Jan. 9, 2010 for their first playoff win since the 1996 season, there seemed to be a sense of relief.

This was a team that lived through the horror of the bobbled field goal snap in the 2006 season and the divisional-round loss to the New York Giants in the 2007 season when they had home-field advantage.

After beating the Detroit Lions 24-20 on Sunday, the emotions ranged from delighted to drained, but the message remained the same.

“This group, we expect that,” tight end Jason Witten said. “It’s not an overconfidence or anything like that, but it’s a humble group that believes they can win, and I think we’ve just kind of been that way all year. We kinda put our head down and stay together and work our tails off and then go play that way.”

Now, for the first time since the 1967 NFL Championship -- better known as the Ice Bowl -- the Cowboys will travel to Lambeau Field for a playoff game against the Green Bay Packers.

The Packers did not lose at home during the regular season. The Cowboys did not lose on the road in the regular season. Aaron Rodgers did not throw an interception at home. Tony Romo threw just two interceptions on the road.

“I think obviously it’s going to be a tough game,” Romo said. “They’re outstanding. Green Bay is as good as we’ve gone against offensively, and they’re playing really good defensive football, too. It’s going to be a great challenge. I do know that this is the kind of games you want to be playing in, though, and we have the kind of football team where I’m very confident has a good chance to go up there and play a good game.”

Cotton

Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Not to be a downer, but Cowboys have lost their last 6 road playoff games and 11 of their last 13, going back to 1980. Our two wins were '91 wildcard at Chicago and '92 NFCC at SF.
Great thing about this team is they don't know any better than to go out and play, a lot like those 91 and 92 teams.

To tell the truth, I'm more concerned about the weather than the Packers themselves. We could really use Doug Free this week.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Those were completely different teams, players and coaches. I don't think it is any indication of what this particular team is capable of.

Hawkeye19

Brand New Member
Romo is going "home" to play in front of his family and friends... He grew up a Packers fan and a Favre idol. Have a feeling he's going to play out of his mind on Sun.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

That sucks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

That sucks.
It leaves us pretty thin at DT.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Great thing about this team is they don't know any better than to go out and play, a lot like those 91 and 92 teams.

To tell the truth, I'm more concerned about the weather than the Packers themselves. We could really use Doug Free this week.
Those were completely different teams, players and coaches. I don't think it is any indication of what this particular team is capable of.

I agree it doesn't have anything to do with this years team. Thought it was interesting though when I started looking back and realizing how few road playoff games we've won in the last 35 years. I remember watching our comeback win vs. the Falcons and Steve Bartkowski in '80 and since then we've only won 2 other postseason road games. Hard to believe.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Romo is going "home" to play in front of his family and friends... He grew up a Packers fan and a Favre idol. Have a feeling he's going to play out of his mind on Sun.
That didn't work out for Stafford so let's just tuck that morsel of info away please.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Not to be a super homer, but this team is undefeated on the road this year. Just sayin.

Top Bottom