Week 13 Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs. Redskins | 12/7/2015

dallen

Senior Tech
Allow me to homer out for just a minute before I go back to being cynical for the rest of the week. If we somehow do manage to make the playoffs AND if Romo somehow manages to come back AND if he leads us to the Super Bowl - well holy shit, that would be the greatest sports story of my lifetime. They'd have to make a movie about it. Miracle 2: The Holy Romo Empire starring Pedro Pascal.

Okay, cynicism back on.

dallen

Senior Tech
I would also accept Oscar Isaac

Jiggyfly

Banned
Let it not be forgotten he had no safety help with the game on the line. Stupid.
Yep, and he had him playing press from the slot, that play was FUBAR from the beginning.

No CB would have played that any better.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I am not getting on the playoffs are a possibility bus, there are just to many tough games left, especially considering GB, Buff and NYJ are all fighting for playooff spots.

I just want to see this defense round into form and be the defense I think they can be, I want to see some growth from the young guys like Lawrence, Gregory and Jones.

If we are to make a run the defense has to be great the rest of the way.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Still pissed at McFadden for not going down at the 1 yard line. What a retard.
Why?

You never take the guaranteed points off the board.

What if there is a fumbled snap or block on the FG?

The issue was Mcfadden going out of bounds and the face mask call or allowing a big runback.

I have no issue with scoring there, going down at the 1 is being way too cute.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Why?

The issue was Mcfadden going out of bounds and the face mask call or allowing a big runback.

Flashbacks of game 1

Carp

DCC 4Life
Still pissed at McFadden for not going down at the 1 yard line. What a retard.
Not sure the coaching staff gave him that direction, if they did then sure, be mad at the guy...but I am not convinced he was given that direction.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I am not getting on the playoffs are a possibility bus, there are just to many tough games left, especially considering GB, Buff and NYJ are all fighting for playooff spots.

I just want to see this defense round into form and be the defense I think they can be, I want to see some growth from the young guys like Lawrence, Gregory and Jones.

Whether we win the division or not means almost nothing to me aside from the perverse pleasure I'd get out of seeing us win the division at 6-10 with Cassel at QB, just to stick it in the noses of the rest of the division.

I mean honestly, who would be surprised if the Skins, Giants and Eagles all went 1-3 in their last 4?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Whether we win the division or not means almost nothing to me aside from the perverse pleasure I'd get out of seeing us win the division at 6-10 with Cassel at QB, just to stick it in the noses of the rest of the division.

I mean honestly, who would be surprised if the Skins, Giants and Eagles all went 1-3 in their last 4?
Yeah I think this division is going to send a all-time bad team to the playoffs.

6-10 is entirely possible for the division winner.

dallen

Senior Tech
Not sure the coaching staff gave him that direction, if they did then sure, be mad at the guy...but I am not convinced he was given that direction.
The likelihood of it ever occurring to our coaching staff seems remote

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Be mad for the idiotic play call that had McFadden running outside towards the sidelines. Then be mad at him for going out. Pure idiocy. Run the ball up the fucking middle a few times, kill the clock, kick FG, win. That damn simple.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I think this division is going to send a all-time bad team to the playoffs.

6-10 is entirely possible for the division winner.
Last year when the Panthers got in the playoffs I remember going on this board and saying that they didn't deserve to go in with a losing record. Lots of people on here disagreed with me, arguing that if you win your division you earned it. Let me just say this right now, if Dallas wins our division with a losing record, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Beating the shit Redskins does not mean we deserve a team in the playoffs.

Not saying I wouldn't still watch and root for the Cowboys in the playoffs. But I don't think this team will have earned that right.

Jiggyfly

Banned
And why the hell did Whitehead just become the primary returner last night?

It should have happened 5 weeks ago, when your offense is struggling this bad you need every edge you can get.

And don't get me started on that end around to Whitehead that has worked 80% of the time but was forgotten for the last 4 weeks.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Last year when the Panthers got in the playoffs I remember going on this board and saying that they didn't deserve to go in with a losing record. Lots of people on here disagreed with me, arguing that if you win your division you earned it. Let me just say this right now, if Dallas wins our division with a losing record, we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Beating the shit Redskins does not mean we deserve a team in the playoffs.

Not saying I wouldn't still watch and root for the Cowboys in the playoffs. But I don't think this team will have earned that right.
I agree that a team with a losing record should not be in the playoffs but it is what is.

data

Forbes #1
Why?

I wouldn't say 'never'. In a regular FG situation, if we get a 1st down penalty but the FG is good, you'd still take the FG? What if we fumble the 1st & 10?

In this instance, I'd rather down it short of the endzone. The chances of botching a Dan Bailey FG after taking two knees are much slimmer than the Redskins scoring a TD with 1:07.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

The entire division has tough games left though. The Giants play Carolina and Minnesota. The eagles play buffalo and Arizona.

I'm of the mindset now that there's a good chance the division winner is 7-9.

And don't look now, but we currently have the best division record.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I wouldn't say 'never'. In a regular FG situation, if we get a 1st down penalty but the FG is good, you'd still take the FG? What if we fumble the 1st & 10?

In this instance, I'd rather down it short of the endzone. The chances of botching a Dan Bailey FG after taking two knees are much slimmer than the Redskins scoring a TD with 1:07.
My point was if he was somehow supposed to give up on the play to not score.

He was trying to get a 1st down so if play breaks don't give up the sure score.

If they were just kneeling to run clock and burn timeouts I would not have as much of issue but in this situation he should have gone ahead and worked for the TD.

It took a big mistake for the Redskins to get into easy scoring position it's no guarantee that does not happen on a FG try.

Top Bottom