2015 NFL Draft Chatter Thread 4/30-5/2

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Not everyone hates this pick.
I don't have nearly enough knowledge about the draft to hate it. However, I was not thinking swing tackle at that spot. It is fine if he can play & can be RT in a couple years but not what I was hoping for there. I guess I have irrational love for Ajayi even with a potential EXPLODING KNEE!!!

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He should thank the D.J. Humphries hype for helping him out.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Green also played some OG at Florida I believe and was a top 50 recruit coming out of high school. Guy isn't a schlub at all and should become a Parnell level player at the very least.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hopefully when we pick in the 4th there is someone available that visited Valley Ranch projected to go near our slot. Gotta love how we limit our entire draft to about 30-40 visitors.
Bryce Petty? I'd actually be ok with it in the fourth.

Or there is that really random LBer that we brought in for a visit. Wouldn't be surprised to see him at all.

Last edited:

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I don't like Buck Allen but he has some workhorse type abilities that would at least make him a nice pairing with a guy like Randle. If your looking at a RB by committee I don't see the problem with attempting to make some of that committee better. Right now Randle looks like the best RB on the roster. The question is can Allen be better then any of the RBs who are going to make our roster right now and I'd say he is.
Well, OK. Don't know anything about him outside of a couple draft profiles I read. Not a dire situation at RB I guess but if they are truly going for it over the next couple of years that stable does not inspire a whole lot of confidence outside of 'they should be OK with these guys at RB'.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't have nearly enough knowledge about the draft to hate it. However, I was not thinking swing tackle at that spot. It is fine if he can play & can be RT in a couple years but not what I was hoping for there. I guess I have irrational love for Ajayi even with a potential EXPLODING KNEE!!!
I felt the same way, and wanted Ajayi there too. Hell, if it was up to me, we would have traded up for him. But we as fans fall in love with players that we know or have followed thru college. If we're honest with ourselves, we don't know shit about the vast majority of the players drafted each year. Which makes it look all the more retarded to throw the tantrums we're seeing out of some.

Yeah, I wish the team would draft all of my pet cats every year, too. But realistically, if they did, they'd probably be picking in the top five every year. :lol

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I was getting excited there thinking about our defense if we could have added Davis and if Jones was a FS.

Woulda started to be somewhat impressive actually.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't like Buck Allen but he has some workhorse type abilities that would at least make him a nice pairing with a guy like Randle. If your looking at a RB by committee I don't see the problem with attempting to make some of that committee better. Right now Randle looks like the best RB on the roster. The question is can Allen be better then any of the RBs who are going to make our roster right now and I'd say he is.
Looking at his highlights he has some good feet and he runs with power I can see him as a Murray lite.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jarrett, Bennett, Ajayi...
There's still meat on this bone
And when each guy goes before our pick, you will look back at this choice.

A swing effing tackle.

I would even have an issue taking a right tackle knowing a needed a starter over needing a RB and/or DL.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Other then RB what position would you be happy with in the fourth? I'd say DT I guess.
RB or DT. It is almost a must.

That said we probably take a WR trying to replace Harris.

This is how stupid this last pick was.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was getting excited there thinking about our defense if we could have added Davis and if Jones was a FS.

Woulda started to be somewhat impressive actually.
Carl Davis would have been amazing. Talk about rebuilding the D-line quickly. With Davis and Gregory I would have felt pretty damn good about the future of this D-line. Especially with Crawford and Lawrence on the roster already.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
RB or DT. It is almost a must.

That said we probably take a WR trying to replace Harris.

This is how stupid this last pick was.
I wouldn't be surprised to see us pass on DT the entire draft. I'd really like Michael Bennett at this point but I don't know that we have shown any interest in the guy. At least he would provide us with someone to rotate in at the 3 technique spot and protect us from Crawford getting hurt.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I wouldn't be surprised to see us pass on DT the entire draft. I'd really like Michael Bennett at this point but I don't know that we have shown any interest in the guy. At least he would provide us with someone to rotate in at the 3 technique spot and protect us from Crawford getting hurt.
They seem to like Terrell McClain quite a bit. I've heard Broaddus mention that more than on e & if they ignore DT in the draft it may be true. They might feel like the rotational guys they have at DT right now can get them through the year. Going to have to address it soon though. Now would be good if they can still find a guy with some upside.

Top Bottom