2015 NFL Draft Chatter Thread 4/30-5/2

Jiggyfly

Banned
After Johnson and Davis were gone I really had no dog in the fight.

Green is an underwhelming pick but it shows a commitment to the line and the overall philosophy continuing.

Which makes me happy.

townsend

Banned
The thing I hate most about Chaz is he seems to lack strength. Which as Booze alluded to, was the knock against Arkin. He had a "red-shirt" year, then was supposed to be developing, then disappeared. You can't teach strength.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The last time they picked an OL outside of the first round was David Arkin.

Chew on that one for a while.
We don't have the same people in place picking OLmen as we did then.

~chewing~

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm just glad this place can get back to normal there was just too much positivity after the Gregory pick.:lol
Thank goodness we have you to sit up there on you self-righteous and idealistic stool looking down on us pessimistic idiots. Appreciate the shot to the arm.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
They banged that table so hard that we didn't draft him.
Because of an injury concern. Along with nobody else drafting him for the same reasons. But they still recognized the talent that was there.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Thank goodness we have you to sit up there on you self-righteous and idealistic stool looking down on us pessimistic idiots. Appreciate the shot to the arm.
What?

Just some good natured ribbing nothing to get all sanctimonious about.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
It's almost like we just throw the names of guys who we invited for a visit in a hat and then pick one.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I say we blew a pick. It happens every year. Hopefully this is our one blown pick. If we come out of this with a good DB and a rejuvenated pass rush, that's still a decent haul.
Except we are stuck with our thumb up our ass at RB.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
My biggest complaint is that we should have taken Collins or Cummings.
They were saying that there was a late report released on Cummings that said that there was a bad stress fracture in his foot... so???

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I like how they say we felt there are backs that we can get in the 4th or 5th round. Yet we needed to take a 5th/6th round OT in the 3rd. WTH.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The thing I hate most about Chaz is he seems to lack strength. Which as Booze alluded to, was the knock against Arkin. He had a "red-shirt" year, then was supposed to be developing, then disappeared. You can't teach strength.
Arkin was a small school guy who lacked strength.

Taking a guy from a major college program is a little different. If we had taken a small school guy I'd be right on board with you. I like the fact that we are at least taking major college players. Just like we did with Hitchens last year.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Free lacked strength as well and you can't teach strenght but you can most definitely develop it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like how they say we felt there are backs that we can get in the 4th or 5th round. Yet we needed to take a 5th/6th round OT in the 3rd. WTH.
Clearly we didn't have a 5th round grade on the guy. If our scouts put a third round grade on him I have no problem with the pick. Especially if Ajayi's knee is a concern. I'd rather have a swing tackle who may be able to replace Free down the road as opposed to a RB who burns out in 2 years.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Any chance they make a trade for someone like Zac Stacy? He's pretty meh but not bad. They'll have supplement picks next year & he wouldn't cost much. Makes sense to me but they may just draft someone in the 4th or 5th & be OK with it. No idea but I am a bit befuddled.
Would much rather have Mason than Stacy

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Maybe Green sucks, we sure don't have a confidence inspiring history with mid round OLs, but if we just got Doug Free's successor, I have no problems at all with that pick. Future starter.

You don't draft for immediate need. You draft so you have players in your pipeline when Free gets old, that way you don't have a situation where you are forcing Rob Petitti into a starting role.

Taking a starting OT prospect in the third round 2-3 years before actually needing that player to start is both excellent thinking ahead as well as impressive commitment to ensuring the OL remains a dominant unit. Which is certainly more paramount than taking a fringe RB or maybe a guy with knee problems. Not only that but swing tackle is a important game day need as well so he saves a big veteran contract there and does actually fill an immediate need that otherwise would have had to be addressed with a veteran.

Again, my biggest complaint is that I liked other tackles better. I don't know much about Green -- maybe he's a whiff. But I don't blame the process of taking your future OT over a marginal RB, not in the slightest.

Top Bottom