Archer - Jason Witten: 'Silly' to think anybody can do what Murray did

Carp

DCC 4Life
It's silly to think just anyone can replace Murray. And it's silly to think no one can.
I think you can do it with one guy, but I also think you can do it with numbers. Peterson could certainly fill the lead back role, but a committee of say Tate/McFadden/Gore/Etc...a draft pick, and Randle can do it too IMO.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you can do it with one guy, but I also think you can do it with numbers. Peterson could certainly fill the lead back role, but a committee of say Tate/McFadden/Gore/Etc...a draft pick, and Randle can do it too IMO.
I think Randle and a draft pick or Randle and a veteran would be great. I'm not sure what else people were expecting out of Randle but he looked good last year and has added some bulk to his frame. Other then the retarded panty incident I don't see anything wrong with the guy.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think Randle and a draft pick or Randle and a veteran would be great. I'm not sure what else people were expecting out of Randle but he looked good last year and has added some bulk to his frame. Other then the retarded panty incident I don't see anything wrong with the guy.
I like Randle...he has a burst and hits the hole quickly.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He has one good run/play a game. After that, he gets stuffed. It's very predictable, and the coaches saw it too. Once you take away that big run, he gets 1-2 YPC.

This is way too inconsistent for him to sustain the offense for a long stretch.

Compare with Murray, who breaks long runs but even without them is much steadier per carry.

Without Murray, you need a proven NFL back and a draft pick. The Cowboys must be strong at the RB position to maintain this kind of offense.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He has one good run/play a game. After that, he gets stuffed. It's very predictable, and the coaches saw it too. Once you take away that big run, he gets 1-2 YPC.

Compare with Murray, who breaks long runs but even without them is much steadier per carry.

Without Murray, you need a proven NFL back and a draft pick. The Cowboys must be strong at the RB position to maintain this kind of offense.
This can be said of any back who only gets 5 carries a game , there is no way to be consistent with that amount of carries.

You know who else would have a low YPC if you take away his long runs? Murray over the last half of the season it was very feast or famine with him and thats not a knock just the way games went.

This idea that Randle only has one big run in him and then is useless makes no sense at all, what is it a nitro tank that can be only used once a game.:lol

I don't think Randle is a top shelf feature back but the logic you are using makes no sense what so ever and is not even true I have seen him make plenty of 3-5 yards runs as well.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

It's hard to average 15 YPC. When you only get 3 carries a game, odds are a couple of them are not going to go for more then a couple yards.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
What if Petersen doesn't get reinsrated or only gets partially reinstated? Do you want to wait to find out? The trial date hasn't been determined yet even though it has been requested to not be past April 15. I guess you could line up a strategy for the draft as a contingency but if Jones wants Murray and has until June to find out. The draft strategy to replace him will be gone already. At this time i don't see how Dallas can wait that long to make a determination about Murray.
There won't be a trial. Peterson pleaded no contest and took a fine and community service.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There won't be a trial. Peterson pleaded no contest and took a fine and community service.
But the status on his eligibility has not been determined. I am talking about the lawsuit filed by the players assocition against the league about his suspension.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't think Randle is a top shelf feature back but the logic you are using makes no sense what so ever and is not even true I have seen him make plenty of 3-5 yards runs as well.
He much more often gets stuffed, which is why the coaches don't give him carries despite his being active.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
He much more often gets stuffed, which is why the coaches don't give him carries despite his being active.
I think the main reason he hasn't gotten more touches is he isn't a complete player in the passing game, so they didn't trust him to be in the game except to mix him in for a carry here or there. They didn't feel comfortable with him out there for a whole drive. If he improves as a blocker and receiver I think you'll see more of him in 2015.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don’t think him not getting more carries speaks more about how well they think of Murray, not that Randle is super flawed.

Top Bottom