2016 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Charlie Strong to USF...I'm glad for him as he's truly a good dude.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get the joke, but he made some dumb comments...again.

He can't help himself.
Yeah no, but it's gotten to the point where the guy can't move without being heavily criticized. I've never been a Trump guy but I can't remember a President ever being under such high scrutiny.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah no, but it's gotten to the point where the guy can't move without being heavily criticized. I've never been a Trump guy but I can't remember a President ever being under such high scrutiny.
I will say this about him, his motives are pretty clear. He wants to change this country. Who would give up his lavish life and divorce himself from his fortunes to take a half million dollar job and then forfeit the pay. Gotta respect that.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I will say this about him, his motives are pretty clear. He wants to change this country. Who would give up his lavish life and divorce himself from his fortunes to take a half million dollar job and then forfeit the pay. Gotta respect that.
What?

Aren't those businesses staying in the family? If so, I'm sure they'll be putting daddy's money to the side for him.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, don’t all Presidents live a lavish life? They eat the finest meals prepared by world class chefs. They have access to luxury automobiles and state of the art aircraft. They have finely tailored clothing prepared by the world's premiere clothing designers. Etc.

Somehow I just don't see this as some great sacrifice that Trump is making. Maybe I'm wrong.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What?

Aren't those businesses staying in the family? If so, I'm sure they'll be putting daddy's money to the side for him.

Also, don’t all Presidents live a lavish life? They eat the finest meals prepared by world class chefs. They have access to luxury automobiles and state of the art aircraft. They have finely tailored clothing prepared by the world's premiere clothing designers. Etc.

Somehow I just don't see this as some great sacrifice that Trump is making. Maybe I'm wrong.
Believe me Trumps lifestyle before was much more opulent than a Presidents. He is currently working on a program to completely divest himself on all his business interests.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
What?

It's a very high stress job though. I'm guessing it's easier to be a billionaire as your occupation.

On the other, more cynical hand, it's also the most powerful position in the world and the benefits are manifold.

1bigfan13

Staff member
It's a very high stress job though. I'm guessing it's easier to be a billionaire as your occupation.

On the other, more cynical hand, it's also the most powerful position in the world and the benefits are manifold.
No doubt the stress will eat him alive. 8 years in the White House ages you about 20 years.

1bigfan13

Staff member
ESPN is saying Lane Kiffin will likely take over for FAU. It's not a sexy job but if his heart is set on being a HC again this is probably the best route for him to take. I think restarting at a smaller program and working his way back up on merit rather than name will do him some good.

It's probably only a 2-year hire though. I'm sure as soon as FAU starts showing a little progress he'll try to make a jump to another program.

D

Deuce

ESPN is saying Lane Kiffin will likely take over for FAU. It's not a sexy job but if his heart is set on being a HC again this is probably the best route for him to take. I think restarting at a smaller program and working his way back up on merit rather than name will do him some good.

It's probably only a 2-year hire though. I'm sure as soon as FAU starts showing a little progress he'll try to make a jump to another program.
I agree, but I don't know how quickly he'll have success. They've been bad for a long time. I did see that he made an offer to Deandre Johnson out of JUCO today. He's the former 5* at FSU that was kicked out for hitting his gf. If they land him, Lane might be on his way.

But overall, recruiting in FL just got crazy. All these out of state teams want to come in and pick some off, but look who they have to contend with now. Obviously, UF, FSU and Miami are there. But the rest of the D1 programs as led by Scott Frost, Charlie Strong, Lane Kiffin and Butch Davis. Recruiting monsters.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Has there ever been a president making this many outlandish statements?

One definitely has to do with the other.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I agree, but I don't know how quickly he'll have success. They've been bad for a long time. I did see that he made an offer to Deandre Johnson out of JUCO today. He's the former 5* at FSU that was kicked out for hitting his gf. If they land him, Lane might be on his way.

But overall, recruiting in FL just got crazy. All these out of state teams want to come in and pick some off, but look who they have to contend with now. Obviously, UF, FSU and Miami are there. But the rest of the D1 programs as led by Scott Frost, Charlie Strong, Lane Kiffin and Butch Davis. Recruiting monsters.
I did not know Butch Davis was still coaching.:lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has there ever been a president making this many outlandish statements?

One definitely has to do with the other.
Yeah I can't ever remember a President being so "over the top" as Trump. He certainly breaks the mold of our usual President's behavior.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah I can't ever remember a President being so "over the top" as Trump. He certainly breaks the mold of our usual President's behavior.
It's a push. Trump is an over the top person which has brought out all the over the top criticism. Both are in need of tuning it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom