Cowboys Cuts

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Christ. They really are keeping two FBs. Maybe they are just for the extra waiver guys they intend to get.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

What the fuck has Showers and Wilcox done to stay on the fucking team?

townsend

Banned
I don't understand holding onto these FBs. But I'm glad we have McFadden. Morris can't catch or block and Zeke's a rookie. Letting a technically savvy veteran that averaged 96 YPG while starting go makes no sense. He's also only costing us 1.5 mil per year. There's no reason not to keep him.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I don't understand holding onto these FBs. But I'm glad we have McFadden. Morris can't catch or block and Zeke's a rookie. Letting a technically savvy veteran that averaged 96 YPG while starting go makes no sense. He's also only costing us 1.5 mil per year. There's no reason not to keep him.
When you spend a 1st round pick on an every down back it is absolutely stupid to keel McFadden. Good GMs don't do that. Period.

townsend

Banned
When you spend a 1st round pick on an every down back it is absolutely stupid to keel McFadden. Good GMs don't do that. Period.
Jamal Lewis was the 5th overall pick. The Ravens didn't cut Priest Holmes for no reason.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Jamal Lewis was the 5th overall pick. The Ravens didn't cut Priest Holmes for no reason.
Who said anything about cutting him when we had trade offers for him?

Plus the Ravens didn't have Alfred Morris already as a backup and Priest Holmes wasn't a dumb ass who injured himself outside of football.

townsend

Banned
Who said anything about cutting him when we had trade offers for him?

Plus the Ravens didn't have Alfred Morris already as a backup and Priest Holmes wasn't a dumb ass who injured himself outside of football.
I don't get the logic in saying getting injured makes somebody not worth keeping. Roethlisberger hurt himself riding a motorcycle without a helmet, doesn't mean he wasn't an asset to his team afterward.

Also Morris sucks at the technical stuff and Zeke's a rookie who's never had to do what he does at the pro level. McFadden's the only complete, proven RB on the roster. Morris has uses, I think he can close a game like Marion Barber used to, back in 07, but he doesn't have the skill set of an every down back, which means he's not a viable backup.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Oh for fuck sakes! You would think this team was run by some of our idiot fans over on CZ.

So we keep the worthless POS who injures himself being a complete dumb ass and likely two fucking FBs?

What. The. Fuck?
Why is anyone surprised by this. McFadden pulled his act together to get a contract with a decent season last year only to befall an injury. It's been his history. Now he will hang around for the year like he has on prior teams.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Why is anyone surprised by this. McFadden pulled his act together to get a contract with a decent season last year only to befall an injury. It's been his history. Now he will hang around for the year like he has on prior teams.
:picard

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I'm not surprised. It just shows how completely idiotic our owner is. Should have gotten a pick from him while we could have. That's what a smart GM would have done.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Traylor over Kevin Smith, for one. He is the closest thing we have to Hanna on the roster.
That was my thought also. Or hell, if you want to keep the 2nd FB then I'd have kept Traylor over Escobar.

It amazes me some of the POS players that we ended up keeping.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
That was my thought also. Or hell, if you want to keep the 2nd FB then I'd have kept Traylor over Escobar.

It amazes me some of the POS players that we ended up keeping.
Heath and Wilcox say "hi"

Top Bottom