NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Tony Romo continues his streak of cursing basketball teams with his presence.

D

Deuce

:lol

Miami is blowing out the Charlotte Bobcats in the first round.

In the second round, they'll face either the Raptors or the Nets. Followed by, it's looking like, either the Wizards or the Hawks in the conference finals. They have no competition in this conference now that Indy has folded.

If Carmelo Anthony decides to take less money to go play for the Rockets in the loaded Western Conference, as opposed to taking a similar paycut to play for the Bulls, where he and Rose would stamp their pass to the conference Finals every year with this weak ass competition, he's a fucking moron.
Ya, cause the Bulls definitely look like one player away right now.

lawl

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Ya, cause the Bulls definitely look like one player away right now.

lawl
They're two players away. Rose and Melo.

And yeah, when it's two top 10 players in the league, paired with one of the best coaches in the league, plus a couple solid draft picks this year.... it's 100% true.

D

Deuce

D Rose looked like an elite player coming back off that knee injury. I fully expect him to be one again coming off the next one.

lawl

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Judging a rusty player by ten games coming off a knee injury

lawl

He didn't forget how to play basketball. Even if he's not an MVP anymore he's still better than any player Melo currently plays with by far.

D

Deuce

Judging a rusty player by ten games coming off a knee injury

lawl

He didn't forget how to play basketball. Even if he's not an MVP anymore he's still better than any player Melo currently plays with by far.
Cool, so you plan to be a slightly upgraded version of Melo's Knicks or his old Nuggets teams.

Good luck with that because those team were so successful.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Rose at 80% of what he was is better than anybody Melo has ever played with, Noah probably is better than anybody he's ever played with as well.

D

Deuce

Rose at 80% of what he was is better than anybody Melo has ever played with, Noah probably is better than anybody he's ever played with as well.
Noah is on par with Chandler. Rose at 80% is probably better than anyone he's played with, but not by a huge margin. That's just a nice player who probably lost his explosiveness and will have to rely on an average jump shot.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Cool, so you plan to be a slightly upgraded version of Melo's Knicks or his old Nuggets teams.

Good luck with that because those team were so successful.
The Bulls without Rose are already better than Melo's Knicks and nearly on par with his old Nuggets teams.

Add in two top 10 players and see what happens.

Hint: Miami went from first round playoff exit team, to three straight finals appearances.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I think we need to wait and see how Rose looks before assuming that pairing him with Melo equals instant contender.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him fall to the level of a 2nd tier star. A Monta Ellis type for example.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't think Rose is going to return and just be a 15 ppg PG with an average jump shot for the rest of his career.

He will still be a legit superstar. He just might not be MVP Derrick Rose anymore, ie, one of the top 3-4 players in the game, but he'll still be top 10-12. Melo is right there too.

Adding two of those types of players to a team that is already one of the best in the weak Eastern conference means you are pretty much guaranteeing a couple of showdowns with Miami in the Finals.

And Thibs can give Miami fits with his defense. That's a series the Bulls can win with a player like Melo on the team, especially if they get more than 1 crack at it.

D

Deuce

I don't think Rose is going to return and just be a 15 ppg PG with an average jump shot for the rest of his career.

He will still be a legit superstar. He just might not be MVP Derrick Rose anymore, ie, one of the top 3-4 players in the game, but he'll still be top 10-12. Melo is right there too.

Adding two of those types of players to a team that is already one of the best in the weak Eastern conference means you are pretty much guaranteeing a couple of showdowns with Miami in the Finals.

And Thibs can give Miami fits with his defense. That's a series the Bulls can win with a player like Melo on the team, especially if they get more than 1 crack at it.
But they're not one of the best in the East already without the 2. They finished 6 games over .500 and are on the verge of getting beat in 5 games of the 1st round.

1bigfan13

Staff member

That's what you are hoping for, and I get that as a Bulls fan. However, I think the odds are more in favor of him taking a significant dip in overall effectiveness.

The guy's had major knee injuries to both knees. That's got to rob him of some of his explosiveness. He'll still be better than most but I just don't think he'll ever be that true superstar/MVP again who can carry a franchise to a title.

Time will tell.

D

Deuce

That's what you are hoping for, and I get that as a Bulls fan. However, I think the odds are more in favor of him taking a significant dip in overall effectiveness.

The guy's had major knee injuries to both knees. That's got to rob him of some of his explosiveness. He'll still be better than most but I just don't think he'll ever be that true superstar/MVP again who can carry a franchise to a title.

Time will tell.
That's what I said and that attribute is one of the major reasons that makes him elite. You take that away and he may start to rely on an average jumper more. Doing that will make him a worse player.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
But they're not one of the best in the East already without the 2. They finished 6 games over .500 and are on the verge of getting beat in 5 games of the 1st round.
They had the fourth best regular season record. That's one of the best.

Melo would already be walking into a better team around him than he's had, as his Denver teams WITH him usually got bounced early and the Knicks have been flat out bad. Part of it is the system that Thibs has has well.

Even if Melo doesn't come to Chicago, they're still gonna be a top 3 team in the East next year, as long as Rose doesn't get injured again, and probably headed for a Conference Finals showdown with Miami.

Last edited:
Top Bottom